[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>blew the monarchy the fuck out >blew Catholics the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: Oliver_Cromwell_by_Samuel_Cooper.jpg (958 KB, 1208x1448) Image search: [Google]
Oliver_Cromwell_by_Samuel_Cooper.jpg
958 KB, 1208x1448
>blew the monarchy the fuck out
>blew Catholics the fuck out
>blew the Irish the fuck out

How can one man be so based?
>>
cromwell is a fucking cunt and literally ruined the entire world

his ancestors and anyone remotely related to anyone who signed charles death warrant should be forced into systematic poverty and barely kept alive on government welfare
>>
>>70115
Irish scum detected
Everynight I dream of cromwells return

t.englishman
>>
File: NEVREVR.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
NEVREVR.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>Puts his Betafag son on the Throne
>They dont even bother to kill him when he is deposed

Republicans BTFO
>>
>>70133

ur a cunt mate
fuck the irish, it has nothing to do with them

chareles the first was a bro king, looking back at what happened it seems that britian is actually living in sin from the day he was beheaded
parilment is full of fucking shit

GOD GIVEN RIGHT
>>
>>70115
But his protectionist policies made Britain the dominant naval power.
>>
>>70186

parliment is just a shitty excuse for having a shadow king that nobody fucking knows about
like a little thieving cunt bitch hiding in the shadows

he gets away with so much bullshit because no one knows who the fuck he is
parliment is literally the joke of the free world, and the true thing which holds society back

none of this would be an issue with a proper king on the throne
literally fucking scumbag parliment
>>
>>70066

he also became dictator and didn't relinquish his power upon completing his revolution, so he falls short of praise in my eyes.

Also banning Christmas parties was a dick move.
>>
>>70248
But the Dutch were the dominant naval power and successfully invaded england only a few decades later
>>
>>70348

Parliament banned christmas, not Cromwell.
>>
>>70066

How is Cromwell viewed in the UK? For such an important character, I have the idea that he is neither vilified nor celebrated by the Brits. Is he just a footnote?
>>
>>70066
Is Britain literally the less relevant country on Europe before the late 17th century?

I'm not gonna say I don't know who is Cromwell, after all I'm here on /his/. But he is fucking irrelevant, a total "literally who?" for everyone outside of the Isles without a very good education. The same can be said about all his civil war and most events that happened the century before it to be honest.
>>
>>70369

I did not know, thanks for the correction
>>
>>70380

He's generally viewed as a dictator who banned fun
>>
>>70248

WOW
anyone can fucking do that

just because he made some obvious move any idiot would have done anyway, doesn't make cromwell any fucking special
>>
>>70380

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons

He's viewed as the 10th greatest Briton ever.
>>
>>70459

any idiot can make any list they so choose
what's your point?
>>
File: pointy gem girl 2.jpg (6 KB, 200x208) Image search: [Google]
pointy gem girl 2.jpg
6 KB, 200x208
>>70459

>princess Diana
>John Lennon
>>
>>70459
>Churchill and Brunel first and second
>John Lennon and Diana

That list is a fucking joke m8
>>
>>70317

>shadow king

>democratically elected

u wat
>>
>>70380
Mixed feelings. Some think he's great, some think he's a traitor, some don't know who he is, and some don't care.
>>
>>70380
My Dad loves him and wants another Cromwell. He banned Christmas, Easter and Halloween in my household when I was growing up in a sort of minor emulation.

In society generally he is not really talked about. I doubt that most of the public even know who he is.
>>
File: url.jpg (10 KB, 189x266) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
10 KB, 189x266
>>70115
>Cromwell
>Not Big Hank
>>
File: henry viii.jpg (32 KB, 314x205) Image search: [Google]
henry viii.jpg
32 KB, 314x205
>>70574
>>
File: justkillmeplz.png (178 KB, 539x305) Image search: [Google]
justkillmeplz.png
178 KB, 539x305
>>70563

>He banned Christmas, Easter and Halloween in my household when I was growing up in a sort of minor emulation.

Sounds like a personality disorder lad
>>
>>70066

literally, who painted that cunt in armor?
sure the armor may just be a formality for command, but he is still a bitch

he is just a puppet of shadow english earls and the first to establish a monarchy via proxy, which is what 'parliment' truly is
>>
>>70631
He is a very devout Christian if you can class it as a personality disorder.
>>
>>70652

Probably desu
>>
>>70133

After committing treason against God, mere regicide is just a trifle.
>>
File: 1438698215935.jpg (27 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
1438698215935.jpg
27 KB, 640x634
>>70531

>he thinks elections are real
>he doesn't understand the political impact of omega-regicide
>>
>>70688
>After committing treason against God, mere regicide is just a trifle.

*tips mitre*
>>
>>70911

Go to bed Mike Duncan
>>
>>70563
why did cromwell ban christmas? wasn't cromwell super christian?
>>
>>71091

Puritans literally believed fun was evil
>>
>>71091
Christmas has pagan origins and is not on the correct day of Jesus' birth. Most of the festivals around it are also pagan in origin and are from the Yule and Saturnia festivals.
>>
sounded like he was calling the PM a shadow king, which is retarded
>>
>>70066
>your idea of a based individual is someone that killed a whole lot of people

You must be one cool dude.
>>
>>71121

maybe it is, maybe fun is just another delusion your rotting prison of flesh brain has been poisioned with

i wouldn't talk shit about the puritans if i were you
they are literally the thing which makes white people unique and are an extremely great noble force with heavy roots in science

go look up sir fancis bacon before posting your childish retard fucking shit here, please
>>
>>71211

>religious extremists are what makes white people unique
>>
>>71309

>literally not having a clue as to what you're talking about

wow, how do i explain a millennium of social evolution to you?
all you can see is religion, and not the great accomplishment of mankind which the puritans truly represent

stay pleb
>>
File: irastreamteam1.jpg (105 KB, 460x333) Image search: [Google]
irastreamteam1.jpg
105 KB, 460x333
>>70459
>James Connolly
>64th Greatest Briton

>Bono
>86th Greatest Briton

britkeks are keking themselves pretty hard
>>
>>71385
if puritans are so great, why don't they exist any more?

check mate, christfags
>>
>>70412
>Is Britain literally the less relevant country on Europe before the late 17th century?

Least relevant is an exaggeration, but Britain was less relevant than France, Russia, Spain and even Austria until the end of the Napoleonic Wars
>>
>>70066
>List bad things
>Claim based status

>>71121
Think of it like Muslims who want to destroy the Kaaba and Muhammed's grave.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.