[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most bro-tier religion and why is it the Sikhs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: Sikh_wearing_turban.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Sikh_wearing_turban.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
What is the most bro-tier religion and why is it the Sikhs?
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>694610
Besides the hairy women, I love em.
>>
Why do everybody consider Sikhs to be bros? I'm not familiar with them.
>>
>>694673
They hate muslims, have historically made great warriors under any flag, and their religion obligates them to be armed with a knife at all times to destroy evil.
>>
>>694673
They're the new "Buddhists". They appeal to the Western liberal noble savage fantasy. In reality Sikhs are neither "bro-tier" nor "non-bro-tier".
>>
>>694673
because the fundamental tenet of their religion is "there is no muslim, there is no hindu, there is only god who is neither"
>>
>>694673
Sikhism

>is not radical and does not enforce retarded superstitions

>anti-degeneracy, promiscuity, gambling, alcoholism, greed, etc.

>historically anti-Muslim

>promotes a warrior culture but not full pants-on-head-retarded kill everyone type

>encourages people to reach out to the poor and help their local community
>>
>>694673

It's a British thing, when commonwealth migration first started one of the largest groups to arrive were Muslim Pakistanis, due to failed policies leading to Pakistanis settling all rofehrer in communities of their own rather than spread through the country, tensions of course rose between these first generation immigrats and all Pakistanis or Muslims by extension, Sihks just hated Pakistanis and Muslim Indians already

It was a match made in heaven
>>
I am genuinely confused.
4 posts in a row not condeming sikhism on this muslim apologist board.
>>
>>694716
This.

What people don't tell you is they also have honor killings.

>>694730
>Non radical
lel

>anti-degeneracy, promiscuity, gambling, alcoholism, greed, etc.

By that logic, Mudslimes are great too.

>anti-Muslim
So are basically every other religion that has come in contact with them.

>warrior culture
A ceremonial knife does not make a warrior culture.

>encourages people to reach out to the poor and help their local community
So like Christianity?
>>
>>694767
>muslim apologist board
>not a bunch of christian trolls
>>
>>694730
>>encourages people to reach out to the poor and help their local community

Is there a classic religion that doesn't do this?
>>
>>694771
>A ceremonial knife does not make a warrior culture
It's literally a martial religion anon.
>>
>>694767
Sikh's are fucking based anon, they defend people being wronged and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>694784
Islam.
>>
>>694784
[spoiler]Judaism[/spoiler]

I couldn't resist
>>
>>694823
Most sikhs are not martial at all.
>>
>>694771
>A ceremonial knife does not make a warrior culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLTcVJGMBkQ

>>694840
Don't most Muslim nations have massive charity networks?
>>
>>694860
And most Christians aren't particularly charitable, meek or forgiving, what's your point?
>>
>>694863
You aint recieving jack shit if you aren't muslim.
Where as the charities provided by the Vatican are for everyone.
>>
What the fuck makes a Sikh a bro? What is it about their beliefs that make me a bro to them?
>>
>>694878
>Where as the charities provided by the Vatican are for everyone.
Actually *adjusts fedora* mother Teresa didn't give charity to nonchristians, and was a confirmed sadist
>>
>>694958
was she actually acting as part of the Vatican or as a devout free agent? I was never clear on that.
>>
>>694989
Free agent.
>>
What do Sikhs think of other religions?
>>
File: image.png (74 KB, 563x510) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74 KB, 563x510
Sikh here. Unfortunate to see this dumb bro-tier meme on this board too.

>>695026
Our religion says that the religious labels that humans give themselves is not important to God. Joining clubs doesn't elevate man or please God. Living a life where we conquer our vices/attachments, love God and and see him in all creation, meditate, and serve people is all that matters.
>>
>>694730
>>historically anti-Muslim
This meme. Sikh gurus and princes were regularly friendly with or even allies of Muslim saints and princes.
>>
It is Shinto actually. Which allows for foreign gods to be integrated into the pantheon as just another one of the gods.
>>
>>695067
tell us more sikh-bro.
i'm not joking, what other lies do you think have been spread on the internet about your religión?
>>
>>694610
can somebody redpill me about Operation Blue Star, attack on Golden temple and Indira Gandhi assassination?
>>
>>694673
Propaganda
>>
>>695449
>i can't read

it's pretty straight forward stuff~
>>
What is the percentage of meme threads on this board and why is it 75%?
>>
>>695459
It's the plebs.
>>
>>694673

It is a dumb meme which traced from indian-canadian shitposters from /pol/
>>
One of the dudes I went to school with was a sikh. I just remember he was the nicest dude and always helped everyone out with their shit.

That's my only experience, but he might as well have just been a chill dude.
>>
File: jarnail singh.jpg (585 KB, 679x1024) Image search: [Google]
jarnail singh.jpg
585 KB, 679x1024
>>695305
-The religion doesn't hate Muslims
-People love to say we're a combination of Islam and Hinduism but we don't see ourselves as that

>>695446
The Indian government says the attack was to eliminate Sikh separatists(they weren't separatists) in the temple complex, but the attack was planned and prepared for before any militants stayed near the temple. 100-200 Sikhs(some former military) fortified the temple complex and fought against thousands of Indian soldiers for 5 days. Government numbers of innocent deaths is about 400, but non-Sikh sources say the numbers were in the thousands. The attack also happened on a religious holiday when the temple was the most busiest. People were allowed to enter to the temple complex but not leave, which makes it look like they were looking for maximum deaths. Punjab police tried to stop the attack and suggested to go in and arrest whoever the government wanted, but this reasonable and harmless option was rejected for unknown reasons. Days after the attack, the Sikh reference library full of historical documents and literature was burned down and truckloads of items were taken by the government and never returned which makes the motives of this whole operation more questionable.

Indira Gandhi ordered the attack on our temple and Sikhs assassinated her because we didn't want her to walk away scot-free. Not much else to say about that. The assassination caused massacres of Sikhs in several cities in India. Thousands of Sikhs died again.

Some good videos on it with sourced information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6buq5hMGnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEw5VCuMBbs (This one might be difficult to understand)
>>
>>694673
Nobody does. It's just a small group of shitposters. There's similar ones who made "Kurds are bros" threads.
>>
>>694610

They really are, I'd totally convert, if ya know I believed in god, shunned pre-marital sex and could stop doing drugs

>>694673

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh_philosophy#Underlying_values
>>
hey hes sikh , they are the nicest people ihave ever known. really kind and super helpful. I heard they preach never to turn down anyone who asks for their help. Nice peeps
>>
>>695532
man, you seem to be so uneducated about world religion go find a corner and kill yourself please! you would do the world a favor
>>
>>695067
>>695506
What's lörs opinon on Din-i-Ilahi?

When I read of "Sikh being combination of Islam and Hinduism" this thing comes to my mind first. I'm not really sure which predates which tho.
It was elitist religion of Akbar the Great's (XD isn't that a pleonasm) court.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Din-i_Ilahi

Supposedly city of Prayag got renamed "Ilahabad" (later dumb Brits renamed "Allahabad") due to his beliefs.

Many also described your faith as really "universalist", which rather reminds me of those like Babism/Baha'i.

Is "Khalistan" support big today, or do you feel allright as part of India? I'm not sure, if you live there, you probably have enough of that "poo in the loo" meme?
>>
Honour killing faggots, but at least they muscled the jews out of the diamond trade in Antwerp. So they gain bonus points for that.
>>
>>695776
Khalistani movement is not that big in India, but has a lot of traction with non resident Indian Sikhs who migrated in the '80s and '90s, probably due to living in a weird cultural bubble.
>>
>>695532
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>694840

One of the 5 pillars of their religion is charity.
>>
>>695120

>animism
>>
>>694878
Bullshit my Muslim friend gave me a taxi fare home when I was drunk.
>>
>>695476
This
>>
>>694673
Now I'm sure Sikhism has just as much dogma and flaws as any other related religion, but there's a reason they appear so bro-tier to a lot of people.

>Don't believe in religious exclusivity - according to them, if you're behave righteously and revolve your life around understanding God, you're already on the right path

>Have providing free food to any who want it as one of the central tenets of their faith

>Encourages truthfulness and integrity when dealing with life interactions and business, which while all religions technically promote seems to be followed more closely by Sikhs

>Assimilate very well into other cultures; their non-proselytizing attitude and respect for others' belief systems means they're very tolerant in new societies

Now of course these are all generalisations, but these popular perceptions are why they're seen as more "bro" tier compared to other religious migrants.
>>
>>695532
Muslim detected
>>
>>694673
move to canada and you'll understand

sikhs are bro-tier and that's that

no questions or further explanations
>>
>>694936
they're just fucking literal bros

if you ever meet a sikh you'll witness the meme transcend itself
>>
>>695532
kurds aren't bad but they aren't bros
>>
>>696018
>kurds aren't bad but they aren't bros

Kurds are just another muslim group. No different from the every other minority group in the middle east except they have a fantastic PR department.
>>
>>694771
>So like Christianity?
yes, except it's actually followed
>>
>>694711
> be armed with a knife at all times to destroy evil.
it's pretty much batman of religions
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.