[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think the Voynich Manuscript is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image_1195_1e-voynich-manuscript.jpg (290 KB, 1920x1522) Image search: [Google]
image_1195_1e-voynich-manuscript.jpg
290 KB, 1920x1522
What does /his/ think the Voynich Manuscript is?
>>
>>68282
some fag with too much time trying to make people ask exactly that question
>>
>>68282

fedora on paper
>>
>>68282
elaborate ruse
>>
Esoteric alchemy and science book written in the code language of some secretive sect.
>>
File: johndee_liber84_1.preview.png (152 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
johndee_liber84_1.preview.png
152 KB, 640x496
Astrological, alchemical treatise.

My opinion is that it is the work of some occultist/alchemist. The language of the manuscript might be "divinely" inspired constructed language, similar to the Enochian language of occultists John Dee and Edward Kelley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enochian

Some of the letters also do remind me of the Enochian alphabet.
>>
A very intelligent individual's attempt at making his own language.

It's basically medieval Klingon or Dothraki.
>>
>be nobleman
>have weird ass autistic as fuck asperger son
>he writes bullshit in books all the time
>it's an embarrassment, have it all hidden, don't tell anyone about son except for when he has to make an appearance
>centuries later
>modern scholar finds it
>ANCIENT MYSTERIES
>>
>>68650
kekd, but a possibility
>>
>>68650

kek
>>
I think it gets asked about too often.
>>
>>68282
Some guy makes his own language that he probably never shared with anyone with his view on the world
>>
What kind of similarly autistic things will survive to the next 500 years by us?

Will they be reading Elliot Rodger's manifesto in 2505?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.