[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Racism is just a byproduct of herd mentality. When the white
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 17
File: spaalonebabuguuscootiescooo.jpg (123 KB, 893x732) Image search: [Google]
spaalonebabuguuscootiescooo.jpg
123 KB, 893x732
Racism is just a byproduct of herd mentality. When the white herd looks at the black herd and vice versa they feel what is comparable to two alien civilizations meeting. By sectioning themselves off into genre and category the herd limits itself, becoming trapped in a state wherein it no longer takes in new information and stagnates.

There is no need to war on racism and bigotry, as it cannot progress into the future. Justice must only be reserved for times of truly dire consequence.

Support judgement of the individual situation at hand. Investigate assumptions based on categorization. Be free, /his/. Be free.
>>
I wish I could upvote this more than once :)
>>
Because as we all know, genetics aren't real and black civilization is totally equal to white civilization.

Oh wait. That's fantasy land. This is Earth.
>>
File: 1442361254818.png (987 KB, 708x709) Image search: [Google]
1442361254818.png
987 KB, 708x709
>>679889
You need to get over the generalized opinions. You know what invalidates your argument? The fact that there are plenty of ignorant people in all walks of life. Or that there are plenty of people all across the world of every race, ideology and creed that possess a thousand times more information than you and I.

Pick up a book and stop bein such a fuckin stupid cunt.
>>
File: 1321846138308.gif (36 KB, 321x241) Image search: [Google]
1321846138308.gif
36 KB, 321x241
>>679906

>falling for such puerile bait
>>
>>679906
>"B-But it can always be worse, so you're wrong!" - The Post
>>
>implying there is an objective way to interpret history.

Humans are primates. We are naturally violent. I dont think there is anything wrong with that. Nature is violent. Chimpanzees go to war and cannibalize those they kill. A lion will destroy the offspring of its rivals. Should lions and chimps be morally condemned? Why should humans be if we are 99% identical to other primates?
>>
File: boobs is good.png (61 KB, 167x208) Image search: [Google]
boobs is good.png
61 KB, 167x208
>>679913
>failing to notice that I intentionally responded in a serious manner to further my argument
>making an assumption of someone whom you've never met
>implying I haven't now thrice proven my statement
>>
>>679889
>le epic gene argument

Show me the big-white-brain gene they're missing... Show me the data you have confirming that the only thing influencing intelligence is genetics.

>Oh wait. That's fantasy land. This is Earth.

#rekt
>>
>>679919
t. Chimp
>>
>>679919
And bonobos fuck all day. Humans have had a lot of divergence since then, behaviorally we're obviously very different.
>>
>>679927
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>679927
I could post dozens of sources but you're a retard that will dismiss all of it so it's wasted on you.

>Do not cast your pearls before swine.
>>
File: 1441437998108.png (746 KB, 696x745) Image search: [Google]
1441437998108.png
746 KB, 696x745
>>679919
Violence is merely one tool out of an infinite toolbox wherein there are no limits to what tools can be contained within except what can be can be imagined, and has bent and blunt from repeated use.
>>
File: redditor.png (342 KB, 1328x4693) Image search: [Google]
redditor.png
342 KB, 1328x4693
>>679927
>>679906
>>679871
>>
>>679931
>appealing to a website pissing contest

I fucking hate you people. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>679936
>-Says they're from r3ddit/is a r3ddit sympathizer
>>
>>679871
Being against "racism" (as in acknowledgement of differentiating characteristics between identifiable genetic stocks, with no implication to particular hostility towards one or the other) ultimately means you are against classification of things via verifiable statistics. But not only does science use this in order to reach more complex understandings, language itself is this: a series of classifications (words) of things via verifiable statistics (sensory data).

So in theory, you're against language as well. You might as well just devolve into an animal, making noises and doing as you please. Oh wait, that's what you're already doing.
>>
>>679935
>>679936
>>679938
absolute devastation
>>
>>679871
Racism is just the mascot for the war of culture.
>>
File: TQ15GMn.jpg (25 KB, 499x383) Image search: [Google]
TQ15GMn.jpg
25 KB, 499x383
>>679930
Humans are violent by design.

We have been fighting since before recorded history. We will continue to fight until we go extinct. If you dont think this is true, you haven't been paying attention.
>>
File: 1434089153848.png (108 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
1434089153848.png
108 KB, 500x429
>>679935
>>679931
>Trying to use reverse psychology to once again prove my point by attempting to engineer a situation where people think you're trolling but you're just retarded anarchists in disguise being slowbrained
>>
>>679935
This is great proof that redditors and 4channers are exactly the same.

Just look at every media board: nothing but pointless patrician posturing. Reddit is just a logical extension of the BBS system that was already widespread on the Internet. The anonymity just makes vanishing to avoid accounting for ridiculous claims (and trolling) easier.
>>
>>679945
I don't disagree with your conclusion, just your argument.
>>
>>679946
>h-ha g-guys its not like i'm actually from reddit...
>>
>>679946
I think we've a genuine case of autism in the thread. I refuse to believe this is a troll.
>>
>>679947
Hello R_ddit.
>>
>>679932
Not that anon, but do racial classification systems divide populations in a valid manner based on genetics? Do modern populations have clear divisions without admixture from other populations? If they do then the attempt classification system is not technically valid as it doesn't represent the biological reality of the situation.

Check out the archive, there was a thread on racial classifications with over 300 replies the other day.
>>
>>679945
A battle and violence are by and large quite different. Humans have been battling since their epoch, of course. However, the terms of the winner isn't decided by violence, it's decided by intellect, wisdom, creativity, and charisma. Violence is just one means of achieving victory, and a crude, not very useful one at that.
>>
>they feel what is comparable to two alien civilizations meeting
Maybe it's because they are...
>>
>Be free, /his/. Be free.

In this moment, I am free. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
>>
>>679932
Did they find the gene?

Or are you still using the pseudoscientific process of elimination method:

"I know a study where they controlled for economic conditions and blacks still turned out to have somewhat lower SAT scores. Since the only two things affecting the development of the brain are wealth and skin color, they're obviously dumb cuz they're black."
>>
>>679940
Racism is discrimination against a group or individual based on genetic differences/skin color. I don't think it's 'racist' to acknowledge genetic differences between races but it is bigoted to just hate someone because of those differences. Individual merits are far more important.
>>
who cares
>>
File: 1416784979452.png (28 KB, 450x576) Image search: [Google]
1416784979452.png
28 KB, 450x576
>>679952
>>679955
This is the part where you feel angry on the inside because someone is making you feel like you don't know anything, because you don't.

Get off 4chan and go read some god damned psychology literature you pissants.
>>
File: cavallisfworldgeneticswiki.jpg (39 KB, 548x599) Image search: [Google]
cavallisfworldgeneticswiki.jpg
39 KB, 548x599
>>679958
Racial classifications and genetic populations are generally accurate with some exceptions.

In just the last 10 years we've actually made huge strides in population genetics and they are confirming that humans can indeed be categorized.
>>
>>679964

>Did they find the gene?

Did they find the invisible knapsack?
>>
>>679968
http://www.nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248
>>
>>679968
>inflated sense of superiority complex
>makes condescending or passive aggressive remarks fairly often
>attempts to define and protect his reputation, sometimes via damage control
>fails to understand the difference between insult and banter
>gets emotionally invested in someone insulting him or his opinion
>>
>>679973
More of the same retarded thinking:

"You don't agree with my nazi-blog 'educated' views on race, so you must be a beardleg."
>>
File: 1450681761920.png (30 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
1450681761920.png
30 KB, 1600x960
>>679970
>>
>>679965
Seems like you just might be living under a rock if that is what you believe. Even when it comes to crude and established genetic facts, any narrative which even slightly suggests some manner of inferiority or inequality of a minority group, will be dismissed.

For purely experimental and empirical purposes, try bringing up the existence of a warrior gene and it's prevalence in the African-American population and how it can and does influence behavior. Furthermore, try pointing out the similar thing by using the testosterone level variations when it comes to black males.

Simply as it is in the modern world, no matter how much of a solid truth something is, it will be dismissed if it doesn't adhere to established narratives.
>>
File: laughingkaijis.gif (2 MB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
laughingkaijis.gif
2 MB, 500x283
>>679976
>Not being able to distinguish the bullshit from the actually useful information
>Not knowing corrupt is spread through every vein, with failure of reproducibility in thousands of accepted pieces of scientific literature that nobody questions because it's not something that needs to be looked into anymore.

Stop looking for excuses to not improve your mind.
>>
>>679982
>beardleg

Hi Reddt!
>>
>>679981
Sounds like half the 4chan boards out there. And frankly, they're the better ones.

t. Redditor
>>
>>679964
I think there might've been a few adoption studies where black and white IQs turned out more or less the same.

I could be wrong though.
>>
>>679984
>finns
>northeast asian

Finngolians confirmed.
>>
>>679988
Hasn't it always kinda been like that?
>>
>>679988
Yes, political correctness I know. Which is why there needs to be more racial realists.
>>
>>679994
Maybe so, I'm just addressing why the oft-cited studies are not damning.
>>
File: neckbeard.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>679993
>inflated sense of superiority complex
>makes condescending or passive aggressive remarks fairly often
>attempts to define and protect his reputation, sometimes via damage control
>fails to understand the difference between insult and banter
>gets emotionally invested in someone insulting him or his opinion
>Sounds like half the 4chan boards out there. And frankly, they're the better ones.
>t. Redditor
>>
>>679999
I don't know, Rushton and Jensen seemed to do alright for themselves all things considered.
>>
>>679994
The adoption studies showed the exact opposite actually, that whites adopting blacks does not fix the black/white IQ gap.
>>
>>679981
>Once again trying to make assumptions about the person you're talking to
The moment you failed to realize that the anger syntax in my words was a distraction you lost
>implying my confidence is a complex, rather than an attribute of how sharply I've honed my mind

You committed the worst offense of all between two men of any substantial brevity too
>Attacking the character of the person presenting the argument instead of refuting the argument itself

That is unless you're trolling with even more reverse psyche
>>
>>680007
I know the Minnesota one did, but I think there might be a few that showed the opposite.

I'm gonna go do some googling see if I misremember.
>>
>>680006
Literally Nazis, I mean, evolution stops at the neck, they havent even found the GENE for intelligence! Its 2016 guys cmon!
>>
>>680001
Also, I think even if they were damning, so what? The only thing I've seen conclusive evidence for is a gene in Ashkenazi populations related to intelligence. You don't hear that one cited all the time, but why does it matter? Smarter is not better. Sorry to let you down, but defining your worth on abstract pattern-recognition abilities is fucktarded.
>>
>>679871

I disagree.

Racism is biologically advantageous, otherwise we wouldn't see the phenomenon actualized in literally every single human culture ever.
>>
File: stirnerrrrrrr.jpg (5 KB, 200x175) Image search: [Google]
stirnerrrrrrr.jpg
5 KB, 200x175
>>680009
>you lost

Losing is a spook.
>>
This thread is a perfect example of why redditards are mocked here.
>>
>>680006
Only one successful case and it still got attacked. I'm not sure what should be done about alleged racism in society.
>>
File: 1425291854627.jpg (108 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1425291854627.jpg
108 KB, 500x321
>>680019
Perhaps in the terms of learning a lesson but where there is victory there is always the solemn funeral of defeat.
>>
>>680031
Wow thats a funny meme, what sub did you get that from!?

:)
>>
>>680018
You deem it biologically advantageous because of it's prevalence across "all" human cultures?

Does that make murder, torture and sadism in general, biologically advantageous as well, considering those too are actualized in "literally every single human culture ever."?

How do you even define and determine "biological advantage"?
>>
>>680043

I hate the trend to try and view all cultural behavior in an evolutionary context. Racism may be beneficial. It may just as well be the result of other tangential benefits that happen to cause racism as a side effect.

Not all cultural practices are evolutionary. It seems highly likely we develop practices simply because we like to reproduce patterns.
>>
>>680074
>simply because we like to reproduce patterns

The 'enjoyment' of patterns is likely to have an evolutionary origin. Also I think the racism based off obvious phenotype might be in large part due to sexual selection bias, even in other species, the peacock who's tail isn't as spectacular isn't seen by the females as preferable.
>>
>>680096
>The 'enjoyment' of patterns is likely to have an evolutionary origin.

Definitely, sorry I wasn't clearer. What I mean is that this need to imitate and pattern-find leads to many many cultural artifacts which can even be detrimental. There is a fad among armchair scientismists to try and explain every cultural artifact. I think *that* is a fool's errand.
>>
>>680096
>>680104
Racism is a learned behavior. You choose to be because humans are capable of making decisions on their own. It isn't biological.
>>
>>680104
I think that the basis for many behaviours is rooted in evolution, but of course the particular form these might be expressed as by a culture can't be explained purely by the reductionist attitude.
>>
>>680110
me>>680096
Just because I think it has an evolutionary basis mean I think it is right, evolution doesn't provide meaning, and of course humans are capable of making decision, but to deny the influence of evolution on more fundamental aspects (even though we can choose not to follow our bias) seems naive to me.
>>
>>680110
Racism is not a learned behavior. It is biological.
>>
>>680116
*doesn't mean
>>
People are still responding to a Reddt bait thread?
>>
>>680126
The /pol/acks shitting it up left.

and fuck you evolution is interesting.
>>
>>680119
I don't follow. How exactly is it biological? Racism is no different to homophobia. Behavior that can wildly change through time.
>>
>>680141
Not that anon, but I think xenophobia is Biological, while racism is an expression of this.
>>
>>680141
>homophobia

Doesn't exist. No mainstream psychiatrist recognizes the diagnosis of homophobia. Homophobia is a vaguely defined slur against people who disagree with faggot acceptance.
>>
>implying non-whites aren't far more racist than whites
>>
>>680146
This is probably more accurate. It may even be more fundamental, and be a consequence of our deep pattern-recognizing capabilities and our empathizing as defined by that system.
>>
>>680133
>the /pol/ack boogeyman is why I'm not a winner!
>t. reddt
>>
>>680171
I've literally never been on reddit you cunt, /his/ all the way, the majority of /pol/ is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>680172
Even if either of these things are true, crying /pol/ is not a way to win an argument. It just makes you look like a butthurt faggot.
>>
>>680175
Just stating the obvious, a lot of the shit-posting at the start of the thread was from /pol/.
>>
>>679871
Absolutely bullshit
I have nothing socially culturally or historically which aligns with designated street shitters, didndus, mudslimes etc

And I don't want them near me, or voting their shit into my society because they congregate in ghettos
>>
>>679919

God gave us free will

t. Jesus, which I am also God
>>
>>680180
A lot of the shit-posting at the start of the thread was from reddt
>>
>>680194
Well I don't really care, I almost never call /pol/, but I don't really care, it was just idiotic shit.
>>
>>680198
You're idiotic
>>
>>680198
So reddt shitposting is acceptable, but not /pol/ shitposting? :^)
>>
>>680200
Yes I double up on not caring.

This is me btw
>>680096
>>680112
>>680116
>>680146

Got any points to make faggot?
>>
>>680201
Fair enough, just call it shitposting then.
>>
>>680207
I'm glad we've come to a mutual consensus that this thread, including the OP, was just one big shitpost. I'm positive that the OP isn't even here. We should probably just ignore this thread from now on.
>>
>>680215
agreed

sage
>>
>>680215
If that's what you took away from this thread you're a dummy
>>
>>679871
Why did do the Anglos care so much about Race?
Britian is the only country who uses the word White, What caused this?
>>
>>680257
The word white came out of the US. White is just a shorthand identifier for anyone of European descent who lives in America.
>>
>>680257
Post hoc justification for colonial activities to appease the public?
>>
>>679988
>a Warrior Gene

t. phd in genetics
>>
>>680274
Why would they need any post-hoc justification for colonial policies? Colonial policies were incredibly popular.

And how exactly did these generally accepted concepts get forced onto the population by some shadowy colonialist elite?

Colonialist theory and critical theory are tinfoil hattery that should be laughed out of academia.
>>
>>680311
Yea I realised I was wrong after posting that it was too modern an interpretation, and it was just a guess, I was more thinking that dehumanisation has been used as a tool to justify policy that might otherwise have greater backlash.
>>
>>680273
Why do Americans care so much about race?
>>
People have hated different races from the beginning of time, even those who looked exactly the fucking same and had similar technology, fuck off you chimp
>>
>>680477
Being natural makes something right?
>>
>>679871
this isn't history
fuck off to /lit/
>>
>>680487
fags used that argument about gay sex
>>
>>680496
Anthropology, check out the sticky. Or don't get triggered.
>>
>>680500
I'm not a fag (not Op either). Natural never implies being right, or are you some hippy cunt?
>>
>>680500
>let me bring up this completely irrelevant point
>>
>>679871
that would make sense if the two herds of sheep weren't separated by a sea for 20000 years
>>
>>680454
The loss of cultural identity means that they focus on race as the segregating factor.
And I'm not saying america doesn't have culture, I'm saying that the primary culture is a vast homogenous blob, whereas for example in Russia or China, the ethnic/cultural differences are more topical than merely race.

But that's just like, my opinion.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.