[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian Westerners of /his/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Pagan_religions_symbols.png (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Pagan_religions_symbols.png
72 KB, 600x600
Given that you could not, for the sake of wondering, be a Christian, and given the option between Islam and whatever paganism is most closely associated to your culture, which would you choose? The other Abrahamic religion that is somewhat similar to Christianity (>inb4 totally different) or your Zeus, Odin/Wodan, and other assorted?
>>
>>673611
>compare your similarities to islam to various schools of thought that were both primative in their time and largely lost

This is stupid.

Further:
>If you couldn't be of the true faith, which untrue faith would you support

Anon this is a poor thread.
>>
>>673633
>>compare your similarities to islam to various schools of thought that were both primative in their time and largely lost
That's why it's a question for an individual.

>>If you couldn't be of the true faith, which untrue faith would you support
>for the sake of wondering
Read the OP

Out comes down to wether you'd choose between something similar to Christianity, another Abrahamic faith, or your land ties. Assume whatever you choose is now "correct".
>>
File: 1454286714014.jpg (214 KB, 900x1278) Image search: [Google]
1454286714014.jpg
214 KB, 900x1278
>>673611
I'd definitely choose Islam, it's only a skip and a jump away from Roman Catholicism as it is. To be a "pagan" you'd have to change your entire lifestyle, start living in the woods sacrificing goats and praising oaks or whatever
Also:
>worshiping demons
>ever
I seriously hope you heathens don't do this
>>
>>673665
To be Christian you don't have to live as a serf and wage war on Saracens. I could see modern paganism in Europe like Shinto in Japan.

Your answer is the type I'm lookinging for, thank you.
>>
>>673611
I always thought a germanic or slavic paganistic religion would be fun to be a practitioner of. I mean, if we're not going to follow the one true faith, might as well have some fun with it, right? There's a whole bunch of deities you can worship too, and you can be more devoted to some than others.
>>
>>673665
>I seriously hope you heathens don't do this
OP is a Christian
>>
It makes no difference.
>>
>>673690
Make a choice bitchboi. Assume any one would be "correct".
>>
>>673665
You've convinced me to begin worshiping demons.
>>
>>673698
They'd all be incorrect.
>>
I'd go with Germanic or Hellenic Paganism, not Islam.
>>
File: 1454888545310.jpg (33 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1454888545310.jpg
33 KB, 514x536
>>673800
>for the sake of wondering
>>
>>673611
redpill me why is lauer wreath symbol of greek polytheism and wtf is that Я|R symbol symbolising roman religion
I got surprised when I discovered that

I mean, lauer wreath is like universal symbol of roman one
>>
Both Islam and most European pagan traditions are pretty shallow.
I have positive view of tribal animist beliefs though. As long as it isn't a state sanctioned religion that mandates adherence to a single patron deity I could be fine with that.
>>
>>675471
Celtic religion has animism.
>>
>>673665
Anon that image looks pretty sinful.
>>
>>673633
Wolfshiem would choose Islam. He's already conditioned to be an obidient dog to a priesthood. It doesn't take much for a dog to adjust himself to a new master. Plus they have an Aristotlian derived metaphysical proof for their God.

I could see him swapping papacy for caliphate, Avicenna for Aquinas very easily.
>>
>>673611
Celtic paganism.

If only because I couldn't be arsed with not drinking and praying 5 times a day.
>>
>>673918
The two R's I assume stand for Romulus and Remus.

The reason a laurel wreath is symbolic of Greek polytheism is because Apollo wore one and was of general cultural significance.
>>
>>673611
If i had to choose not christian i would choose Bhuddism
If i had the ability to only choose something cultural or abrahamic id go Slavic
>>
>>673918
The two R's stand for religion Romana and represent Janus' two faces.
>>
Some would say my sect already is paganism. I would choose Islam tho.
>>
Shi'a Islam is closer to Christianity than it is to Sunni Islam.

Sunni Islam is closer to Orthodox Judaism.
>>
>>673611

>Slava Perunu
>Zivio Veles
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.