[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question. Let's all think and philosophize. We
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1349545999363346_animate.gif (39 KB, 267x280) Image search: [Google]
1349545999363346_animate.gif
39 KB, 267x280
I have a question. Let's all think and philosophize.

We know there's a group of people who own everything.

Leave emotions aside, leave everything you believe in aside.

Why would a group of people want all the power in the world? What is the reason? What do they know that alot of us dont?

Even if you believe in evolution it doesnt make sense, the strongest survive. But we're humans. We have everything we need to survive?

Maybe there is no reason and they just do it. But i doubt it. It's stupid to think they're idiots. They have knowledge, alot of it. Or else they wouln't be doing what they do and be so good at it.

I just want to know.
>>
Give me ideas you imbeciles.
>>
>>580462
>>580476
Read Capital volumes 1-3
>>
>>580476
>give me ideas

THE ANSWER IS WITHIN YOURSELF
>>
>>580462
Some people feel that the stronger they are, the safer they are. They won't feel secure until they control everything.
>>
>>580480

i'll think about it.

>>580484

W-within..... myself.... b-but.. Other thoughts/ Everything people say to you are from their persception.
Their Ideas.
Their Thoughts.
= Knowledge.

Thoughts/ Everything we tell ourselves are from our perspective
Ideas.
We become what we tell ourselves.
=Knowledge

Placebo Effect

It's not in me, i want knowledge.

>>580491

Because of their ideas. It all comes down to knowledge that is what makes the human, they know something. I want to know the thrive. The goal. WHAT'S THE SECRET.

I need to know. *pant* *pant*
>>
>>580511
If you can't read Capital then read Mandel's Late Capitalism.
>>
>>580511
>thrive
When you strip it down, the principle is that they sustain themselves through the greater collective. Similar to a parasite or a cancerous growth on an organism.
>>
>>580515

JUST GIVE ME THE ANSWER. A short, answer. and i will research it. I'm not going to read a book which is mostly filled with incorrectness. I'm not that guy, i cant even bear listening to comedians. I hate errors. I'm fucking autistic okay? I'm a fucking computer. Just give me A SIMPLE ANSWER.
>>
>>580522

Hmm..
>>
>>580523
>a book which is mostly filled with incorrectness.
>I'm fucking autistic

Get the fuck off of /his/. A high level of discourse is expected here (read the fucking sticky). Humanities doesn't bend to your autistic will.

GET A JOB
JOIN THE UNION
SHOOT YOUR BOSS
>>
>>580462
power means status and status means bitches to fuck which equals gene security. It's a primal thing
>>
>>580532

which will be most likely going to be filled with incorrectness* sorry

I see. I see.

>>580537

They're just monkeys? How come they are always so ahead of their time when it comes to ''manipulating'' then? They're always one step ahead.
>>
>>580462
Power corrupts and corruption gives way to greed? Rich men always want to be richer
>>
>>580550

Greed? I bet you also believe in ''evil''.

Get the fuck out of my face you imbecile.
>>
It's not really true that there's a group of people that have all the power in the world. Actually elites make concessions in response to the threats of the masses quite regularly in modern history.
>>
>>580556

So there's no secret? They're just as dumb as everyone else?
>>
>>580566
I'm not sure why there has to be a secret. Generally, (most) people will defend their material interests. I'm not sure why it seems shocking to you that a small elite would seek to consolidate the majority of wealth and power in their society...
>>
>>580581

It's not that i'm shocked, i just dont seem to understand. Maybe i have to study neuroscience.
>>
>>580597
Maybe you're a stupid autie cunt who hasn't bothered learning the 1 2 3s of social and humanities analysis and are expecting big answers to stupid questions.
>>
>>580602

Well durr, eventually it will all come down to science. The body, and the brain. Biology and neuroscience. Because only those two matter.

I only care about facts. And i'm very aware of my dumbness.
>>
>>580597
This is not confusing. If you have asset X, and it looks like someone else wants to take your X, you will do everything you can to keep your X, no matter what X actually is. This can be anything from a chair to a car to a house to power/money. People who have a lot want to keep it just as desperately as people who have a little.
>>
>>580612
>it will all come down to science
Read Feyerabend.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.