[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was China's Golden Era? Qin Shi Huang Reporting In
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: url.jpg (9 KB, 240x189) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
9 KB, 240x189
What was China's Golden Era?

Qin Shi Huang Reporting In
>>
Three Kingdoms, Tang Dynasy, Qin Dynasty.

Worst eras were basically everything after Yuan.
>>
>>579835
>Ming
>Worse than Yuan
>>
File: Map-of-Tang-Dynasty-in-663-AD.jpg (295 KB, 1024x696) Image search: [Google]
Map-of-Tang-Dynasty-in-663-AD.jpg
295 KB, 1024x696
Tang Dynasty during the reign of Li Shimin, most of Chinese historians agreed with that.
>>
>>579917
Meant to say say everything after Sing, so Yuan is shit too.
>>
Wouldn't say Three Kingdoms was really a Golden Era but the facts and the dramatizations are certainly the most interesting China has to offer, also might be one of the most entertaining eras in all history.
>>
>>579835
By three kingdoms you mean Wu, Wei, Shu and shit?

I mean, i realize that the Sun clan pacified the Southland into a "proper place" but the number of dead during the civil war was tremendous, and led into the Jin Dynasty which broke down almost immediately.
>>
File: TangTaizong.jpg (85 KB, 454x800) Image search: [Google]
TangTaizong.jpg
85 KB, 454x800
>>579936
Herbalist Pa Vel, I'm Tang.
>>
File: street.gif (140 KB, 427x299) Image search: [Google]
street.gif
140 KB, 427x299
>>579835
I would replace the Three Kingdoms with the Song Dynasty. During that time China was the first country in the world to issue paper banknotes, as well as the first to use gunpowder in warfare and to maintain a permanent standing navy. (Speaking of navy, the lack of which was one of the reasons why the Qing dynasty was so weak.) Investment in trade was also widespread through buying shares in trading ships, making the Song one of the strongest economies in the world. It has been hypothesized that they would have eventually had an industrial revolution due to the booming population and iron production. Such a shame they were BTFO by the mongols. The Song was definitely a golden age that belongs up there with the Tang and Qin dynasties.
>>
File: 1447325752421.jpg (100 KB, 566x660) Image search: [Google]
1447325752421.jpg
100 KB, 566x660
>>580036
>>
>>579940
Did you mean to say Song? I wouldn't say the Ming was shit. True they weren't as strong as other dynasties militarily but they had an impressive record of naval exploration. Zheng He being a case in point. Their tributary fleets numbered in the thousands with several being 100 by 50 metres long. The Jinyiwei were pretty cool as well.
>>
>>580323
First one to talk gets to stay in my Empire!
>>
>>580312
If only they'd invented guns to defend from mongols i guess.
>>
File: YF_statue.jpg (226 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
YF_statue.jpg
226 KB, 768x1024
>>580368
Perhaps, but they already had fire lances and artillery though so I'm not sure if guns could have helped them defend against the mongols. I would say that their tribute payments were their downfall. Government officers were unwilling to pursue war against the Jin or other northern powers, and persecuted successful generals out of fear that they would be able to revolt. There exists a famous legend about the general Yue Fei who was put to death over false charges by the Song government.
>>
>>580368
>>580390
I would also like to add that Song cavalry was complete crap compared to the Jurchens and Mongols due to them losing control over Northern China, where they bred most of their war horses.
>>
Han, the first golden age
Tang, THE golden age
Song, militarily weak but important age
Ming, the last golden age

This is generally agreed
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.