[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did German citizens think was happening with the Jews during ww2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: Wernher_von_Braun.jpg (48 KB, 440x541) Image search: [Google]
Wernher_von_Braun.jpg
48 KB, 440x541
What did German citizens think was happening with the Jews during ww2?
>>
Most Jews were self declared enemies of the state. This pissed em off. The army took them to concentration camps as prisoners of war for their anti German leanings, but they didn't know they were being slaughtered.
>>
After the failed Revolution of 1918 the majority of Germans simply didn't give a damn what happened to them.
>>
>>555862
Jews =/= Communists

Don't listen to this guy OP, obvious retard.
>>
>>555841
>Most Jews were self declared enemies of the state.
get out
>>
>>555832
Most of them knew what was going on.
>>
They knew they were being moved out of Germany but it's unlikely many were aware of anything else. Many assumed they were communists or other degenerates. I remember a quote from a wealthy Jewish woman stating that she believed it was only the poor and criminal Jews being moved and arrested.
>>
>>555865
Pretty much half of the leading revolutionaries in Germany were Jewish.
>>
>>556914
>half

Way more than that.
>>
File: 1444745012615.jpg (268 KB, 1000x720) Image search: [Google]
1444745012615.jpg
268 KB, 1000x720
>>555832
I dont think it was hidden as much as later generations assumed.

Over the course of a Decade and a half of social exclusion, ghettoing, expulsion and banishment and the abject denial of citizenry rights, that occurred overtly, and in public the Jewish populations of Germany and the future 'lebansraum' territories categorically failed to ascertain just how important it was to ethnic Germans that they leave.

After virtually a decade of dehumanization and marginalization, a "final" solution was resorted to. Centuries if not Millennia worth of generations of Jews called for their ethnic homeland to be restored, their own desired holy home, central to their faith. Germany was instrumental in establishing this place "Israel".

This place, "Israel" was created for them at the expense of literally the entire stability of the middle east., this was not a good enough or even desirable solution for many of them. historically, the jews are fundamentally incapable of forming an ethnic statehood or governance policy. The average jew has no concept of "nationalism" or "statehood", but rather an allegience to their "people" as a wandering ethnic group with no home. They prefer this. They prefer to be a marginalized ethnic group, separate from, BUT equal to, the people of whatever nation they occupy

this is why Israel is an apartheid failure that literally destabilized a region, then a culture (created radical islam) and then later global economics.
>>
>>555862
>>555865
>>556914
>>556915
>Jews try to do the German people a favour and remove their ineffective and corrupt monarchy
>get genocided for it
no wonder Israel is so bitchy
>>
>>556999
Wasted trips.
>implying a Bolshivik government run by a bunch of Jews would have been better than this so called "ineffective and corrupt monarchy"
>g-good goy
>we were trying to help!
Yes, turned out so good for Russia and Russians and Ukrainians and Khazikstanies right?
>>
>>555832
"Hey Fritz?"
"Yeah, Hans?"
"Do you remember those kikes who used to live across the street from us?"
"Nope."
"Now that you mention it, I don't remember them either."
>>
>>555832
Obviously most knew that they were being "deported" and wouldn't be seen again. It's all up in the air how many knew they were being killed or not. But remember this is a people that were having neighbors being "deported" for being communists, gay, subversive etc. Frankly most probably didn't care as long as the state left them and theirs alone. Police states will do that, kind of like how the average north korean doesn't want to think about what happens to the guy down the block caught with a bible, better not to think about it and keep your head down.

>>555920

A surprising number of German Jews thought the anti semitic policies (obviously pre being rounded up) were directed against and meant for those strange eastern Jews with their filthy habits and archaic dress. Not them because after all their Germans that just happen to be Jews.
>>
>>557734
>Sparticists
>Bolsheviks
wew lad. The Bolsheviks despised the Sparticists because they weren't authoritarian enough and too leftist
>>
File: 1451242248719-0.jpg (251 KB, 1506x552) Image search: [Google]
1451242248719-0.jpg
251 KB, 1506x552
>>556987
Nice post, but a few things I disagree with. Jews didn't create "Radical Islam" Mohammed did. Secondly Jews do not see themselves as seperate but equal. They see themselves as the only true humans on earth. In Hebrew to be "human" means to be in the image of god. And Jews believe themselves to be the race created in the image of god.

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef famously quoted "The life of 10,000 gentiles is not worth a single Jewish fingernail".

And when he died almost 1 million Jews went to his funeral, the largest in Israel's history.
>>
>>557769
here's your (you), happy ?
>>
>>557769
Stop it with this stupid "red pill them a bit at a time" meme, you are holding no secret knowledge, we know everything you have to say.
>>
>>555832
What did german citizens think was happening to their once great nation being flooded by hordes of savages in 2015 and beyond?
>>
That they were working in work camps.
>>
>>555832
They were thinking that for the first time in the jews sordid history of lies, swindling and, instigating of moral filth on another host nation that kindly gave them shelter, they were actually performing an honest days work.
>>
>>555832
They didn't knew anything.

The only thing they saw from deathcamps are propaganda films with people dancing and singing in some gated community which are loved by /pol/ for whatever reason.
>>
Most "knew" nothing but everyone suspected something.

There were hundreds and thousands of rumpurs sippering back to the cities from soldiers on leave and travelling merchants.

It is considered an open secret. People also knew that being jewish would get you in serious trouble and that the government ran an anti-semitic policy. Jews were banned from libraries, universities, courts and little by little excluded from public life. Lots of apartments were left vacant after jewish were expulled from them and taken away. Everyone knew this.

Read Richard Evans books on the Third Reich or Victor Klemperers (a jew) published diaries for more info.
>>
>>557769
>Jews didn't create "Radical Islam" Mohammed did
you could argue that it was pretty radical back during the wars of conquest but during the golden age of Arabic culture, Islam was way more peaceful and progressive than it is now
>>
>>559063
>you could argue that it was pretty radical back during the wars of conquest but during the golden age of Arabic culture, Islam was way more peaceful and progressive than it is now

You're an idiot if you think ISIS and Saudi Arabia is the be-all and end-all of Islam.

Lebanon, Jordan, Tunisia and Bosnia are all examples of more progressive forms of Islam.
>>
>>559084
Turkey? Or are they still too secular?
>>
>>559084
>PROGRESSIVE
>ISLAM
Not only are both mutually exclusive, both concepts are fucking retarded.
>>
>>559115

Well, Tunisia is secular too. But so is the US, yet I think most would call that a christian nation.

>>559215

Ok.
>>
>>559084
>>559084
>Lebanon, Jordan, Tunisia and Bosnia are all examples of more progressive forms of Islam.
I've met too many violent conservative lebanese to believe that.
And every Bosnian I've ever met has been salty af about Christians, even the ones training with our military.

I've met a shit ton of really nice people from Jordan and Tunisia though.
>>
>>559227
Go ahead then, both define progressive, islam and progressive islam
>>
>>559240

you seem to much of an idiot for me to bother desu senpai
>>
File: von Braun.png (656 KB, 1134x800) Image search: [Google]
von Braun.png
656 KB, 1134x800
>>
>>559257
Okay Muhammad.
It's unlikely for me to be more of an idiot than a dune coon like yourself.
>>
>>555832

They probably were too busy being worried about there own relatives being sent to war.

Even if i believe most Germans wouldn't have approved sending all jews to the gas chambers, it was probably hard for them caring about their fate if they were struggling themselves.

They prolly thought they were sent to camps just to work and only the worst got killed, and that after the war Jews would have been exiled
>>
>>555865
This is off topic but sees this a lot so i got to ask. When did =/= become 'not equal to'. I mean, it kind of looks like the not equal to symbol, but why don't people use '!=' as most programming-languages do? Or '~='. Am i the only one that think '=/=' looks stupid and confusing?
>>
>>558908

Concentration camp =/= death camp.

Dachau or Auschwitz I were concentration camps. Auschwitz II (Birkenau) or Treblinka were death camps.
>>
>>559513
it's used because people don't what that != means
>>
>>559513

It looks like a crossed out equal, which is the symbol for "not equal to" used in math papers.
>>
They didn't think the concentration camps were hell on earth, but just prisons whiches inmates were treated worse than usual. Officially the jews were prisoners and not on death row just for being jews. They were held in protective custody, since there was no other legal basis -being Jewish wasn't illegal.

At some point it was clear that communists and illegal artists might sometimes be released, just like in a normal prison while no jew ever returned from there. After all they knew that the jews were killed, but noone imagined an industrialized genocide.
>>
>>561274
If the truth were made public what would happen?
>>
>>555832
It depends. What part of WW2 are we talking about?

During the midst of WW2, Germans were really just trying to save themselves. Simply, they didn't have enough time or strength to try to save the Jews. Some didn't know. Those who did think something was afoot, had no strength.

However, it was very obvious something was afoot. Not just with Jews, but with other Germans. People would mysteriously disappear in the night, presumably taken to be executed by the SS. Rare works of art by Rembrandt, Da Vinci, Donatello, and Durer would be taken by train away from the museums.

However, before WW2 really kicked off, as another anon said, most did not give a damn, as most did not see them to be members of the state.
>>
>>555862
Source. That. Shit.
>>
>>559084
You just named four countries that are either wartorn shitholes or regimes. Next.
>>
>>555832
They suspected the worst, but they dare not say anything or they would have been taken themselves
>>
>>562388
>You just named four countries that are either wartorn shitholes or regimes. Next.

So? That part of the world is wartorn.
>>
>>555832
according to my great grandfather alot of people knew something was up, over 1/3rd of the country didnt want hitler to rule.
But the general he said she said prevented alot of things from being accepted as truths.
(theyre just saying that because they hate hitler!)

communication wasnt as direct as it is today either.

and alot of things were exegeratted by american/russia propoganda.
For example it was commonly said theyd fling babys and small children into the air at worker camps and shoot em to train their shooting skills.

While alot of nazi soldiers were just average Joe's wanting to support their families or forced to fight, they had nothing to do with ideals and all that stuff
>>
>>555909
I've often thought about this. What does it mean to "know"? I do not approve of my country torturing people, and technically I don't know for sure that they do. I'm certainly not campaigning for them to stop torturing people (if they are) even though I strongly disapprove in theory, I just have too much other stuff to do with my time. Nevertheless, there is enough evidence to suggest that my government is torturing people that if in the future it was known for a fact that they were, I would have a hard time demonstrating that I was truly ignorant of what was going on. I know, but I do not know for sure. I disapprove, but not enough to start a revolution.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.