[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come Orthodox is the Christian denomination that gets the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: frodo.png (214 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214 KB, 400x399
How come Orthodox is the Christian denomination that gets the least hate?
>>
>>546196
catholics and protestants are too busy shitting on each other
>>
>>546196
Because Orthodoxy is theologically consistent and don't touch the kids.
>>
>>546196

Unlike Protestantism, it didn't spark decades of bloody religious conflict in Europe.

Unlike Catholicism, it didn't take it upon itself to carve out a temporal theocratic state in Europe and generally meddle in politics
>>
>>546211
What about Russian Tsardom? I thought power was considered God-given. Or is Easter Orthodox different from just Orthodox? Isn't it the same thing?
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 680x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 680x515
>>546202
This senpai, I've never had an Eastern Orthodox try to talk shit to me

Pr*destants on the other hand...
>>
>>546216
All temporal autocratic rulers in Europe of that time derived their power from God. The Russian Tsar was not the religious head of the Russian Orthodox Church.

When people say "Eastern Orthodox," the "eastern" is merely a geographical designation. Pretty much all Orthodox churches are in communion with one another but they are pretty separate and the organizational structure among all communions is pretty decentralized. For example, the Russian Orthodox Church pretty much looks to the Patriarch of Moscow over the other important patriarchates (Antioch, Jerusalem, Alexandria, Constantinople) whereas a Greek Orthodox fellow would give fuck all about the Patriarch of Moscow.
>>
Because they have kickass tunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-EfW7gYzns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92VmUEi9lKs
>>
Protestants > Orthodox > Catholics

From most Christian to least Christian.
>>
>>546289
Protestantism is a religion in the same way a chihuaha is a fucking dog. Yes, technically, but nobody will take you seriously you plebs.
>>
>>546297
>muh outward appearance

Protestants are spiritually filled.

Catholics are dead inside. No amount of gold, rituals or statues will change that.
>>
>>546303
I'm Coptic. You guys are the 9fag of Christianity.
>>
>>546196
Cause they dont shitpost about how gods gonna fuck me over when i die
>>
>>546289
>Protestants
Literally a religion based around memes.
>>
>>546196
Because non-Orthodox don't understand how shitty it is and Orthodox aren't going to tell them because they are brainwashed cult members.
>>
>>546196
Because most of the western world has little interaction with orthodox churches.
>>
>>546303
Evangelical and non-denominational protestants are the most superficial, materialistic and batshit crazy "Christians" of all time.
>>
>>546196
Lack of relevancy on any greater scales of geopolitics for the past thousand years.
>>
>>546196
>allows autonomy for its member nations and isn't ruled by a mafia boss (big source of butthurt for prods against catholics)
>not pedophiles
>anti-modernist
>greek language so no bullshit about texts
>>
>>546428
>Russian orthodoxy
>Not having close ties to the russian mafia
>Implying
>>
>>546427
b8

The last religiously-minded geopolitical conception in Europe would be Russia's panslavism and pro-orthodoxy in East/South Europe.
>>
>>546437
>run by the mafia
Nah, that's just Hollywood bullshit.
Russian Orthodox Church is run by the government, though.

>inb4 government = mafia
>>
>>546441
So? How is this a bait, you mentally impaired twat?

Over the centuries, the cultural influence of Orthodox church, alongside it's impact upon the global scene was minuscule in comparison to other denominations.

Just because "panslavism" and pro-Orthodox sentiments have been driving forces in Russia and few of the East/South European countries, does not invalidate my answer to OP's question.
>>
>>546452
>my poorly worded answer to OP's question*
>>
>>546196

Constantine does an excellent job of absorbing residual dislike towards Eastern Orthodoxy and transforming it into intense, personal dislike of his stupid tripfaggotry.
>>
>>546196
Catholics: Sounders
Protestants: Timbers
Orthodox: Whitecaps

"Oh shit we were supposed to hate them too"
>>
It's never been relevant in the west.
>>
Their doctrines aren't wacky like protestants and their church isn't centralized like the Catholics which makes them harder to target.
>>
>>546196
>How come Orthodox is the Christian denomination that gets the least hate?
Because it's not nice to point out how theyve fucked up in the centuries. It makes them cry. Also I dont want Putin knocking on my door.
>>
>>546211
Except it did. ON BOTH ACCOUNTS.
>>
I know a few Catholics who are extremely butthurt toward the Pravoslavie.
>>
>>546428
>anti modernist
>good
>>
>>549497
anti-modernist =! luddite, you plebe
>>
>>546211
>tfw some of the bloodiest wars in history including the Great War can be attributed to Orthodox irredentism
>tfw Orthodox states never had Gregorian Reforms and consequently were far more theocratic than any Western European country
>>
>>549510
He didn't say that.
>>
>>549665
Though to be fair, anti-modernist doesn't say much. Both the Orthodox Church and Max Stirner can be described as anti-modernist, but they're very, very different ideologically speaking.
>>
Probably because the Orthodox church has less influence in the west.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.