[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is Dr. Douglas M. Kelley. He was the prison psychiatrist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: kelley-portrait1.jpg (2 MB, 2988x3884) Image search: [Google]
kelley-portrait1.jpg
2 MB, 2988x3884
This is Dr. Douglas M. Kelley. He was the prison psychiatrist responsible for monitoring the mental health of the high ranking Nazis as they awaited trial in Nuremberg.

He killed himself because after studying the defeated nazis, he couldn't identify an underlying illness that drove the nazis to commit the crimes they did. He discovered that Nazis were normal people who did extremely bad things, and concluded that anyone, anywhere was capable of doing what they did. This drove him insane so he killed himself.
>>
File: nathan.jpg (10 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
nathan.jpg
10 KB, 298x298
Brutal.
>>
>>53458
lol what a pussy
>>
>>53458

If you can't handle working with the minds of people who do fucked up shit, you probably shouldn't work as a psychiatrist analysing war criminals.

From his wiki:
> He committed suicide in front of his wife and children on New Year's Day 1958 by ingesting a capsule of potassium cyanide.[1][2]

Sounds like a bit of a cunt, to be honest.
>>
>>53458
> He committed suicide in front of his wife and children on New Year's Day 1958 by ingesting a capsule of potassium cyanide.
fug
>>
>"WAH, PEOPLE ARE CAPABLE OF KILLING TO DEFEND THEIR COUNTRY"

He probably would have killed himself if he read about Mutsuhiro Watanabe
>>
>>53458
Meh, it's his right.
>>
>>53585

I CAN'T HANDLE THE HORRIBLE THINGS PEOPLE ARE CAPABLE OF DOING TO OTHERS

NOW EXCUSE ME WHILE I PSYCHOLOGICALLY FUCK UP MY OWN CHILDREN
>>
>>53726
He just wanted them to be as smart and ambitious as he was.
>>
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Mysterious-suicide-of-Nuremburg-psychiatrist-2732801.php

Basically, no one really knows why he killed himself. The article suggests he may have been struggling with internal demons for some time, but stresses there is no clear and obvious link between Nuremburg and his death besides the cyanide capsule.

Good job making up theories and passing them off as facts on an anonymous imageboard, OP. 8/10, since it took less than 5 minutes to prove it was bullshit but I still took the trouble to investigate.
>>
>>53606
>DEFEND
weren't the nazis the first to attack though? Blitzkrieg and all that
>>
>>54105
Defending your borders and defending your national identity are two appears things.
>>
>>53458
>muh nazis was worst evar!!!
>>
File: really.gif (208 KB, 204x191) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
208 KB, 204x191
>>54181
>>
>>54042
He couldn't face the fact that there was no common underlying link between the individual nazis that could demonstrate there was something fundamentally wrong with them that caused them to do what they did.
>>
>>53458
It sounds like he was onto something. It's okay to sit behind a keyboard 70 years after these horrors occurred, trying to be edgy. However, sitting before a murderer who explains in intricate detail their daily regimens of homicide, and trying to understand their psyche at a sophisticated level, is entirely different.
>>
>>54042
Probably, like a lot of psychiatrists, got into the profession to figure out what the fuck is wrong with him.
>>
>>54854
Repeating something that was shown to be untrue does not make it true.
>>
>>54931
He was too proud to try and hep himself. That's part of why he committed suicide. He would never admit he needed help. He would try and figure things out on his own. He couldn't.

>>54854 This plays into it, he tried and failed to find the cause of criminal behavior, and he continued to try after the war. but he never could and it drove him mad.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.