[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the strongest point of the United States as a world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: USA_military_relations_2007.png (19 KB, 1480x625) Image search: [Google]
USA_military_relations_2007.png
19 KB, 1480x625
What was the strongest point of the United States as a world power?
1950s? 1990s? 2000s?

Pic related, US military allies and Partnership for Peace (lightest blue)
>>
>>505780
Late 40's and early 50's. Being the only nuclear power makes all the difference.
>>
>>505780
Bretton-Woods sounds like a good metric to me
>>
>>505969
Russia had nukes by 1949 m8.
>>
>>505969
The nukes of late forties were the same thing as what followed
>>
>>505969
You literally know nothing, USSR had a fighting chance of winning a European war all the way up until 1985 when their serious recessions hit, even as late as '81 they still had a chance, they lost military parity from 75-onwards, so the US would be at its strongest from post 80's to today
>>
1991-2001

Those 10 years are probably the only time America was absolutely unchallenged by any international force, and more freely able to pursue goals that would have been deterred by the Soviets otherwise, such as the bombings of Yugoslavia, the accession of Warsaw Pact nations into NATO, driving US troops and weapons deeper into Russia's population cores.

I would say the 1945-49 era as well, but the US didn't have such a solidified control over the regions it enjoys having now in areas such as East Asia and Western/Central Europe.
>>
>>506081
>USSR had a fighting chance of winning a European war all the way up until 1985

I've always wondered if we have the same access to soviet cold war strengths, weaknesses, expected results, and scenarios that we do with NATO. How do we know that the soviets didn't think they would do as poorly against NATO as we do against them?
>>
>>506085
Yup... 1990s was Pax Americana

Just look at the OP's map... the whole of the West united in military alliance and even the Russians cucked into submission
>>
File: Alien tech.png (585 KB, 1600x578) Image search: [Google]
Alien tech.png
585 KB, 1600x578
>>505780
Today.
>>
File: TR.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TR.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
;^)
>>
File: TR3B.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TR3B.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
(^;
>>
>>506197
This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen.
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760 KB, 1024x768
>>506232
>hyperbole
>>
Now
>>
>>506254
I meant the picture not the reference to "today"
>>
>>506197
Sauce?
>>
1990s.

>Pic related
No, it's not related at all. That map might as well be portraying Icelandic power.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.