[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>atheism >intelligence resides in the brain >the brain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1451076628351.png (173 KB, 329x290) Image search: [Google]
1451076628351.png
173 KB, 329x290
>atheism
>intelligence resides in the brain
>the brain is a human organ
>DNA/Genetics determines the structure and function of human organs
>DNA/Genetics has nothing to do with intelligence

Either intelligence is a property of the soul, or it is a property of the physical body. If the former, God exists. If the latter, intelligence is determined by DNA.

QED.
>>
The brain is developed in part as a result of DNA, but it's paths and formation are altered as a result of environment, use, habituation, etc. It is clear that the repeated use of aspects of the brain alter it's composition, see neuroplasticity. It is not entirely determined by genetics as a result.
>>
File: moron[1].jpg (35 KB, 468x304) Image search: [Google]
moron[1].jpg
35 KB, 468x304
>>499332
> My arm is a property of my physical body
> Out of nowhere, a rock falls and completely crush it
> "Surely this isn't caused by environmental factors but determined by my DNA"
>>
Also, intelligence existing as a property of the soul, taking soul to be a metaphysical consciousness, does not necessitate the existence of God. All it necessitates is a metaphysical reality, the contents of that are unclear aside from a soul.
>>
I immediately knew it was gonna be daft when i saw le smug anime face.
>>
>>499332
You're basing this on the false premise that no atheists believe intelligence is inherited, which is wrong
The heritability of IQ is a scientific fact that's accepted by many atheists
>>
>>499332
you're close, your intelligence is dependent upon your material conditions

you're a product of your environment which in-turn obeys the natural laws, your existence (and the illusion of 'intelligence') is a deterministic cosmic necessity
>>
Define intelligence in first place. There are people who are mathematically extremely intelligent but may lack in other departments.
>>
>>499332
1. Souls existing would not prove a God existing and it certainly wouldn't prove your specific God
2. There are genes that determine intelligence, this is a fact.
>>
>>499332
Not even considering Habitus.
You're not even baiting. You believe what you said.
>>
File: 1391076914837.jpg (41 KB, 403x448) Image search: [Google]
1391076914837.jpg
41 KB, 403x448
>>499332
Well, yeah, intelligence is determined by DNA and environment, exactly.

Also I fucking swear to God if you use my waifu Usagi to shitpost again I'm going to fucking find you and I'm going to fucking tear you eyeballs out, you piece of shit
>>
>>DNA/Genetics determines the structure and function of human organs
>implying that biology is deterministic and not dynamic

k cool
>>
>DNA/Genetics has nothing to do with intelligence
What
I know this is a humanities board but you people are really this ignorant?
>>
>>499332
Body can't life with out soul, and soul can't acts with out body so both. It's like bottle of Pepsi both important.
>>
>>499332
Nobody except for leftist creationists deny that intelligence is largely genetic in origin.
>>
>>499415
then what happened with you?
>>
>>502576
I thought creationist were mainly on the right.
>>
>>502539
/sci/ pls, I know Hindi is your first language but if you read the thread you'd see that no one claims genes have nothing to do with intelligence.
>>
>>499332
>intelligence is determined by DNA
Yes, and?
>>
>>499332
The potential of intelligence is, undoubtedly, derived from your genetic material. The realization of this intelligence, however, is developed throughout education, environment and experience.
>>
>>503056
Therefore jews are the master-race since on average they have an avg of 110 IQ points
>>
>>499332
>>DNA/Genetics has nothing to do with intelligence
nice strawman, now all it needs is a brain
>>
>>503079
that's a funny way of spelling east asian
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.