[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which nations were kindest to the Jews and gave them most rights?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Which nations were kindest to the Jews and gave them most rights? Cyrus the Great in ancient Persia, India gave Jews the right to vote, possibly Czechnya.
>>
In Poland they could become nobility among other things.
>>
>>498032
>Czechnya
I have le tricky hook stuck in my mouth
I'm bleeding
help
>>
>>498043
Did what is now the Czech Republic have a fairly robust and healthy Jewish culture?
>>
>>498032

the UK

they created the state of Israel for the jews
>>
>>498377
Only so they could get rid of them. People tend to forget that Hitler had massive support among the ruling classes in both Europe and America and his hatred of the jews was equally shared. Only reason everyone turned on him was because of him starting the war and the genocide programs. His original plan was to deport all jews from Europe and that's what the allies completed after the war.
>>
>>498377

Britain literally fought on the other side during Israel's War of Independence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Legion
>>
>>498032
The only European nation that did not expel Jews was Scotland.
Doesn't help us though, last year the Jews had a man who posted vaguely anti-Semitic stuff on twitter jailed for three years.
>>
>>498032
Dutch republic for a long time.
>>
>>498519
to be fair, the Kingdom of Scotland just loved giving its land to other people to make a quick profit, Just look at all the Norman lords who bought just territory along the West coast in the lowlands, a member of the House of Lords lives nearby who's family held territory down the west coast, House Boyle, the earliest member of the family holding land here was Richard de Boyville, Norman from Caen.

And yet that wasn't even under the greediest dynasty we had
[spoiler]the Stuarts[/spoiler]

>Doesn't help us though, last year the Jews had a man who posted vaguely anti-Semitic stuff on twitter jailed for three years.

But that's more down to the SNP being a pathetic excuse for a political party, the average person here couldn't care less about that sort of thing.
>>
>>498032
Surprisingly, America. I'm sure you can bring examples of antisemitism, but no other country that I'm aware of in history (politically and by population) supported israel so much.

Imo it's because America is extremely protestant. The type of protestant that constantly reminds themselves that they're cut into the same tree as Israel, who they revere as gods chosen people. They see what's happening in Israel as the fulfilment of many prophesies, including revelations, so they're looking to be on the winning side.

American protestantism has been the Zionist wet dream for some time now, which is ironic because Israeli leaders are pretty atheistic.
>>
>>498599
>Kindest to jews
>Mentions a fledgling nation that's only a small part of two millenia of history
>>
>>498562
It's surprising how little most Scottish people know of Scottish history after the Wars of Independence. They know about Bruce and Bannockburn, but they have no idea about David II was captured, or Robert II betrayal by his nobility, or James I attempted arrest, or the period in our history where we were effectively a vassal of France under Mary of Guise. Our nobility was so fucking shit, worst in Europe easily - as least the Polish nobility had balls.
>>
Spain was like a Jewish earthly paradise for a while, being unusually tolerant. Many a great mind came from that place.

Ghettoes are synonymous with segregation, but they could also mean self-rule.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.