[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Bible complete? Why have there been no new books added
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: bible.jpg (1 MB, 2158x1691) Image search: [Google]
bible.jpg
1 MB, 2158x1691
Is the Bible complete? Why have there been no new books added to it in nearly 2000 years?
>>
Revelation 22:18
>>
>>492536
Because like all religions its a closed cannon, because each time God speaks its apparently for the last time and that no additions are ever necessary.

God has a funny habbit of only talking to one prophet at a time and then being silent until another one comes along.

If that new prophet fails to gain traction then it is clearly because they are a mad heretic and God wanted them gone.
>>
>>492554
>>If that new prophet fails to gain traction then it is clearly because they are a mad heretic and God wanted them gone.

That's how Christian handle it.

Muslims being more smart about it say those were in fact valid prophets, but unfortunately the people the disgusting sinners that they are wrapped and sullied the TRUTH being spoken.

The Koran is the TRUEST TRUTH by the way, if you didn't know. And they have the historical data to PROVE it as well.
>>
File: Shiggy_Diggy[1].gif (775 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy_Diggy[1].gif
775 KB, 300x168
>>492571

>the Koran is the truest truth

>they have the historical data to PROVE it as well.
>>
There was!
It's called The Book of Mormon!
>>
>>492554
you don't know a whole lot about the bible do you
>>
>>492553
Doesn't this only apply to the book of revelation?
>>
>>492774
Yeah, the bible wasn't a "book" at the time.
>>
>>492536
Galatians 1:6-10
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Important theological works still hold importance, but the Bible and its decided canon doesn't need to change, since it ends in fulfilling the messianic prophesy and telling of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>492602
Well they say no one can produce a book like! And it's true! There has only been one Koran written!! That is how we know the Koran is the most true truth!
>>
>>492554

Do you know literally anything at all about the bible?
>>
>>493240
>since it ends in fulfilling the messianic prophesy and telling of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
and the establishment of the church through the acts of the apostles.

If there is a "sequel" to the new testament, it be the works of the church fathers, the successors of the apostles, the peeps that formed the canon and dogma.John of Damascus and shit.
>>
>>492536
God gave up on us long time ago
>>
>>494186
>>492762

Do you?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.