[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
William the Bastard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Why is this guy so respected? He had the luckiest set of situations imaginable given to him. He practically got England for free.
>>
>>481130
Because he won the war and conquered a kingdom
>>
>>481150
He got a freeby when it comes to conquest
>>
>>481154
He still won
>>
>>481130
why are some CK2 characters (especially white and arab) ones so unrealistically ugly?
>>
>>481130
>respected
By?
>>
>>481178
History? Historians and junk kiss his ass
>>
>>481130
made england a relevant european power
>>
>>481130
I don't see anyone calling him a great conqueror like Genghis Khan or Alexander but he was very important, and completely transformed England, for better or worse.
>>
>>481171
celts look alright desu
>>
He inadvertently helped create what would become the greatest empire ever.
>>
>>481130
Because he made all the English nobles frogs. Or rather replaced them with frogs. Truly he made England great by removing all the foul Anglo-Saxon and Norse influence.
>>
>>481506
>inb4 some retard tries to dumbly imply that 1066 Normans were vikings
>>
>>481130
>one of the best organized invasions
>for free
>>
>>481130

he an one of those autistic heros of history that NEETS idolize. Right along with Napoleon and Hitler
>>
>>481524
what's wrong with napoleon?
>>
>>481524
Nothing wrong with looking up to Napoleon, Reginald.
>>
>>481518
Well... They weren't French!

[spoiler] I mean, they weren't Vikings either. They were Normans. [/spoiler]
>>
>>481555
>Well... They weren't French!

They really were though
They spoke French, had French culture and a large French admixture
They had some specificities, but just like people in Texas have some too and yet are still Americans
>>
>>481584
Texans don't really have as much unique culture as they'd have you believe. It's really just southern culture in general, nothing unique. Even cowboy culture started in the Florida panhandle. But there is a regional dichotomy in America, I consider myself an American, of course, but I don't see myself as the same as a midwesterner or New Englander.
>>
>>481130
I heard somewhere that his dynasty tried to legitimize themselves as rulers of England by claiming they were descended from King Arthur.

Is this horseshit true?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.