[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love polish history. I've recently begun to write a fictional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1390066915229.png (67 KB, 991x1071) Image search: [Google]
1390066915229.png
67 KB, 991x1071
I love polish history. I've recently begun to write a fictional story based on early 13th century poland. Despite most modern poles being highly autistic, I think polish history is one of the greatest stories ever. How about some interesting historical facts about poland? I'd personally like some interesting info on 13th century polish principalities but anything goes really. I love it all.

>Polish nobility believed they were descended from migrating Iranians and convinced the Lithuanians that they were too.
>Poland's national anthem was written in Italy
>Poland's national epic poem begins with "Lithuania, my fatherland"
>Descendants of Polish soldiers who fought for the french in the 1800s still live in Haiti and are considered black whites
>Poland invented vodka
>>
Cute Polish-American girls are the cutest American girls
>>
>>479716
Living in Chicago, which has a higher polish population than poland, I can tell most poles apart from humans by the shape of their head. All poles I've met have had potato shaped heads.
>>
>>479716
be still my aching dick.
>>
File: item_14339.jpg (29 KB, 349x465) Image search: [Google]
item_14339.jpg
29 KB, 349x465
>Jan Sobieski rides out to destroy the invading turks from Austria
>Takes his entire army with him, leaving his home undefended.
>He cuts through Hungary and stops by it's leader's house just to tell him if he tries anything funny he will completely and mercilessly destroy him.
>Hungary attacks poland anyway
>Jan sends out his lithuanian army and destroys him
>Jan destroys the invading turks without his lithuanains
>Jan is given the defender of faith title
>Creusants are invented to celebrate his victory
>Austria later repays its debt to Poland by scheming with 2 other rats and landgrabbing the commonwealth apart into extinction.

Thanks Poland for saving the christian world and civilization as we know it.
>>
>>479746
Why does Germany get all the bad press for Austria's nonsense?
>>
>>479746
Viena resisted two turkish attacks before without Polish aid desu family senpai. And those were led by motherfucking Suleiman, not some obscure 17th century sultan known for nothing else.
>>
>>479750
Because german """""""""""people"""""""""" are inherently evil, self-destructive, and the cause for the world's problems

>Fall of the Roman Empires, East and West
>""""""""""Holy"""""""""" """""""""""Roman""""""""" """"""""""""Empire""""""""""
>""""""""Prussia"""""""""" thinking they are Prussians
>""""""""Prussia"""""""" killing Lithuanians even after baptism into Catholicism and betraying Poland.
>""""""Prussia""""""" conspiring with Austria to landgrab Poland
>Protestant Reformation
>ww1
>ww2
>Angela Merkel

I'm sure I'm forgetting the majority, but you get what I mean.
>>
>>479760
Suleiman didn't invade to conquer. He just wanted to fuck shit up and then leave.
>>
>>479723

Don't know what they're like in America but polish girls are awful and disgusting. Will act nasty and only want you for your money.

t. Pole
>>
>>479778
Then how do the polish procreate?
>>
>>479778
I didn't say they weren't whores, I said they were cute.
>>
>>479746
>brillantly win two battles (Chocim and Vienna)
>proceed to lose every single one later
>essentially fuck up great chance to gain some territory from Ottos
>put your Pac buttbuddies on every single important position in country.

most overrated king in history

Also, Lithuania was considered a region of greater Polish lands (which itself was composed of Poland and Lithuania). Most of old Lithuanian nobility was polonized very quickly and are still prominent and well known in Poland.
>>
>>479746
>utter bullshit
Poland and Hungary are best friends, they even have some shit songs about it.
>>
>>479807
>>479810
Geez guys I was only talking about the battle of Vienna. I know Jan was overrated and I know that Hungarians and Poles are historical allies
>>
>>479766
I'd also like to add karl marx to that list
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stEuQamTLXw
>>
>WE ARE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS
>>
>>480090
I felt tears from
>>
>>479723
>Living in Chicago, which has a higher polish population than poland
>city of 10m has higher population than country with 38m.
Americans...
>>
>>481455
its called an exaggeration for comedic effect. this is why all poles are autistic as fuck
>>
>>479709
They believed to be descendants of Sarmatians to be precise. Szlachta was corrupted you might heard about liberum veto when if just one noble said he disagrees with the resolution it was cancelled needless to say the cunts abused it and the liberum veto itself was a stupid concept.
>>
>>480107
no Pole considers himself a Wend especially since Wend is just a name for slav this retarded wend meme exists only on /int/ and is used simply to bait Poles
>>
>>481712
It was either the natives of Gdansk or just below western Pomerania who were the wends, right? Or was it the lands north of Bohemia?
>>
>>481778
Hisotrically , the land east of the oder, including where berlin is.

Currently, Wends/Sorbs/lusatians live in the little corner of germany that borders Czechia and Poland, around the towns od Bautzen and Cottbus.
>>
>>482380
Weren't they just pomeranians, or is there no difference?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.