[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Jews and the Roma are both ethnic groups with a tendency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 498x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 498x700
The Jews and the Roma are both ethnic groups with a tendency to not integrate into the local populations. Both have long histories of oppression in Europe. Both were killed in the Holocaust. Yet only one group is respected in the modern world, while the other is still hated, and their slurs and stereotypes are still completely normalized. Why?

>pls no /pol/
>"gypsy" is a racist slur
>>
>to not integrate into the local populations
Europeans will fuck a Jew. Europeans will not fuck a gypsy. That's why you see white Jews and all gypsies still look like they came straight out of India.
>>
No influential Roma groups in the Anglo Sphere to influence things.

No Roma homeland that could be carved out of a European colony.
>>
You don't see too many Roma winning Nobel prizes, becoming university professors, running corporations, etc.
>>
>>476963

Because Jews actually had some wealth from moneyhandling. The Roma have always been poor.
>>
>>476943
Jews were segregated but filled societal niches related to academia, finance, and other such things. As these positions became more relevant, so did the jews.

Gypsies, however, are the perfect opposite. They pull their kids from school and are never within a mile of a white collar.
>>
Our original Gypsy population has integrated fairly successfully, they arrived in the 1600s. But the ones that arrived in the 20th and 21st century are a nuisance.
>>
>>476968
don't forget the jewish nepotism.
>>
>>476986
All groups are nepotistic. Gypsies are no less. Perhaps even more. They have very close-nit families and are very distrustful of the gadge (it's like "goy" but for non-gypsies).
>>
I'll tell you one good thing they did and 3 bad ones.

>Good:
Had a good influence on Eastern European (especially hungarian) music, if you've heard of the Gypsy minor scale.

>Bad:
They never integrate but complain about everything.
They will not just pickpocket you, they actually try to scam you will all kinds of psychological shit.
Bridal kidnapping is part of their culture.

Bridal kidnapping - is a part - of their own fucking culture.
>>
Jews generally are upstanding members of society with strong ties to banking and commerce.

Gypsies are generally a blight on wherever they inhabit with a culture based on thievery, alcohol, and vagrancy wrapped in a veil of mysticism.

One contributes the other does not.
>>
>>476958
Actually Roma have Euro blood in them and some like Welsh Romani are very mixed like locla populations.

Also Czech Republic could've dumped a large amount Romani into Canada but didn't for some fucking odd reason despite the benefit to both groups.
>>
>>476943
As a Romanian I admit that I rather have 10000 Jews for every single gypsy here.
>>
>>476996
>kidnapping is a part of their culture

Sick racist medieval memes, retard. Let me guess, you also think Jews burn Christian babies alive?
>>
>>476943
Roma had their wandering tradition running for whole their existence but before industrial revolution, they were known craftsmen living in today's western part of Romania. Decent-tier provincial smiths and jewellers mostly.

Jews on the other hand tended to be traders, bankers and doctors.

After industrial revolution broke, one of the first larger populations to go broke were provincial-tier craftsmen, the populations that profited the most on it were traders, bankers and doctors.

TL;DR - Jews are rich, Gypsies are poor.
>>
>>477013
>Also Czech Republic could've dumped a large amount Romani into Canada but didn't for some fucking odd reason despite the benefit to both groups.

Roma were moving to Canada in large groups
Canada realized it was NOT beneficial to them
Up goes visa restrictions
Gypsy flow is stemmed
>>
>>476943
>Both have long histories of oppression in Europe.

Heh.
>>
>>477043
>medieval memes
It happens today still.

And it's not like bride-kidnapping would've been that odd in medieval times. Even today, small tribal skirmishes relate to the acquisition of women.
>>
>>477046

>Roma had their wandering tradition running for whole their existence but before industrial revolution, they were known craftsmen living in today's western part of Romania. Decent-tier provincial smiths and jewellers mostly.

Bullshit. Gypsies are and were small-time laborers and big time crooks. Your books don't do you the same justice as first-hand experience.
>>
>>477106

You have first-hand experience with pre-industrial Europe?
>>
>>477043
>I live in a perfect racially homogeneous suburb off my parents' money and have not encountered a single gypsy in my entire life
Let me guess
>>
>>477106
>Your books don't do you the same justice as first-hand experience.
You're 300 years old? Jesus, tell us of the things you've seen!
>>
>>477113

I'm literally dating one, you tard.
>>
>>477111
>>477115

I have family as well as neighbors that live near gypsies, as well as first-hand experience passed down throughout the generations.
>>
>>477120
And I am dating a dog.
Would you like to see where I live?
>>
>>476943
The difference is that Jews contribute to society.
>>
>>477124
>passed down
Well we all know that's a reliable source :^)
>>
>>477106
Can you believe that in times where almost everybody had some sort of weapon, lynches were common and thieves got their hands cut, a population made exclusively of thieving motherfuckers of distinct ethnicity would survive?

Gypsies were always roaming the countryside, stealing shit left and right. That being said reasonable part of their population was settled once and went on the trail after industrial revolution made them cheap-ish handmade goods obsolete.
>>
>>476943
>gypsies aren't hated
how to spot an american 101
>>
>>477154

Gypsies are only hated by retarded Eastern Europeans that think every time they misplace a god damn potato, it must be a gypsy since there's no fucking way they're completely retarded.
>>
>>477259
Same in the south of Europe, too. Prolly less, though.

Watch your bike!
>>
File: 1450314101345.png (117 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
1450314101345.png
117 KB, 763x652
>>477259
>I'm an american: the post
>>
>>476943
The holocaust had its main focus on the jews, while the number of Roma victism is very small (1/4 million out of 11 million dead which obviously led to apathy towards the victism, same with the gays.
>a tendency to not integrate into the local populations
That's actually not true, Jews and Roma were integrated quite well at first, Roma for example were exceptional carpenters and thus valued in early medieval society, they then however got excluded from society as time passed for various reasons
>>
>>477283

What's wrong Alexandru? Did you accuse Emilian of stealing your bicycle? Give me a valid historical reason as to why the gypsies deserve your hatred.
>>
>>477259
>Gypsies are only hated by retarded Eastern Europeans

Nobody likes gypsies in Western Europe either. It's common sense.
>>
>>477302
Oke:
>mob violence
>child theft
>regular theft
>frauds
>violence against the elderly (new phenomena)
>being lazy and useless
& more

I had a gypsy begging with a child in her hands buy cigarettes with what was swindled out. She still has the audacity to come to the same area to beg.
>>
>>477368

>these things are exclusive to gypsies

Senpai, every group of individuals contains these things.
>>
>>477259
Not even the Swedes like gypsies, they're openly hostile towards them.

https://translate.google.se/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.svt.se%2Fopinion%2Fmanniskor-i-nod&edit-text=&act=url
>>
>>477378
Except they are disproportionately prevalent with gyppos.
Whataboutism holds no water here.
>>
>>477378
They're not but it seems to be prevalent in the gypsy community. Not saying there aren't honest ones, a friend of mine is a gypsy and a Civil Engineer, he hasn't spoken to his family in years though.
>>
>>477378
Gyppos often steal from the communities they stay nearby and camp illegally on private land. Police don't tend to much to sort either situation out. Gypos are parasites. Jews, on the other hand, tend to better themselves, integrate themselves and contribute to the wider society in a positive manner.
>>
>>476943
This resistance to integration made both of this peoples to adapt their lifestyles to sectors that had a bad image at the time. With the coming of liberal and after that modern economics and mindset, the sectors where jews thrived became respected. The same didn't happen with the gypsies, with the exception of music. This is why you see gypsy musicians being popular in modern Spain, while the people itself is still hated and even "feared".
>>
>>477259
>Gypsies are only hated by retarded Eastern Europeans

I dare you to come and start a life in any gypsy neighbourhood in Spain.
>>
>>477410

>Jews, on the other hand, tend to better themselves, integrate themselves and contribute to the wider society in a positive manner.

kek'd
>>
A) They're less likely to culturally assimilate than Jews, and B) they're browner than Jews.
>>
Pretty much this >>477436

Most of them behave like fucking locusts. A few years ago the government started affordable housing programs for gypsies, every single one of those buildings looked like something out of the Gaza Strip after a few months.
>>
>>476943
Gypsies trick individuals.
Jews trick entire countries.
>>
There is google street view of a couple gypsy neighborhoods, compare that to a street view if a traditional Jewish neighborhood.
>>
>>476943
One group gets itself into positions of power and shills you to like them, the other just steals from you more directly. They aren't as smart about stealing from you so nobody likes them.
>>
>>476996
>on Hungarian music

Actually Hungarians influenced gypsy music, not the other way around. Gypsy music from the Balkans or Turkey is very different.
>>
>>477529
Yes, groups that face active, continuing oppression tend to be poorer. Jews haven't faced that sort of thing since WWII, whereas its still happening to the Roma in Europe to this day.

And yes I know this'll get a bunch of /pol/shit responses about how racial discrimination doesn't exist except against white people and all stereotypes are entirely correct unless they're about white people. Whatever, go ahead. This board basically is /pol/ with dates anyway.
>>
>>477259
t. Gypsy

Everyone hates your kind, just deal with it.
>>
>>477591
>oppression

Name a country where gypsies are legally being oppressed.
>>
>>477594
Most Americans don't give a shit either way, and, surprise surprise, most gypsies in America are entirely assimilated and no different than any other citizens. It's pretty much just Europoors unable to see past that little cultural quirk of theirs.
>>
>>477607
Just off the top of my head, Denmark, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia.
>>
>>477591
>having no electricity, water and housing bills in the winter is basically genocide
>>
>>477608
There's barely any gypsies in the US and those who live here tend to be just as shitty as in Europe.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/gangs/articles/2001/06/gypsies-kings-of-con.aspx
>>
>>477623
Forced sterilization certainly is genocide :^)

>>477631
Long article, kinda skimmed through it but it comes off rather /pol/ desu. Not to mention it doesn't seem to describe any I've ever met.
>>
>>477619
>Czech republic and Slovakia
>pouring literally dozens of millions into integration programs
>free housing, free healthcare, free schooling
>no laws discriminating against Gypsies exist

Fun fact: when the commies took power, they started mixing gypsies in with the majority population in major urban centers so they'd integrate better. It never worked and those municipalities saw rampant spike in crime rates and massive white flight.
>>
>>477649
>Police magazine is /pol/
>believe my anecdotal evidence instead

SJWs, not even once
>>
>>477652
>shitty, hilariously underfunded ghettos
>shitty, hilariously underfunded segregated schools
>>
>>477608
>Most Americans don't give a shit either way,
True. Most Americans have never even seen a gypsy.

>and, surprise surprise, most gypsies in America are entirely assimilated and no different than any other citizens.
AHAHAHAHA FUCK NO. There are pockets of them here and there (especially in the pacific northwest, where they poach fish and game, steal from cabins and rural homes live in the woods in dilapidated trailers hitched to horses and leave massive piles of garbage here and there as well as shit on the roadsides and streambanks) and just like in europe pretty much everyone that runs into them (except hippies, who are too similar) ends up thinking wistfully of machine-gunning them and dumping them into a pit. My mother is a neonatal nurse and a total "squishy liberal" and even she has told me, and I quote, "trying to kill all of the gypsies is the one good thing that Hitler did". Every-fucking-body hates those theiving, clannish murder-happy rapist shits; get over it.
>>
>>477675
>My mother is a neonatal nurse and a total "squishy liberal" and even she has told me, and I quote, "trying to kill all of the gypsies is the one good thing that Hitler did"

I find your claim suspect tbqh.
>>
>>477673
>it is always the eternal slavs fault for gypsies being human garbage
>>>/pol/
>>
>>477673
>source: my ass

Racial segregation never existed in Czechoslovakia, at least legally. If it exists de facto it's due to majority population nations pulling their kids the fuck out of a class with gypsies in.
>>
>>477673
>>shitty, hilariously underfunded segregated schools
Dunno 'bout those countries, but in my country, all schools are mixed. Gypsies pull their kids out of school, so blame the parents, not the schools.

I read there are places where they marry off their school-age daughters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y51IJ5wQuM8
>>
>>477673
Just stop. Non-Roma people that benefit from the same programs don't behave like fucking savages. Also, those are EU countries you're talking about, there are union wide laws and programs to promote integration of the Roma. They're not being discriminated by the state, it's the people that can't fucking stand them.
>>
>>477684
Not him, but I've also had extremely liberal friends from Eastern Europe act vehemently hostile against Gypsies despite their general PC-ness.
I know this is just anecdotal, but it's a reality that exists.
>>
>>477259
>>477436

Fucking go to the gypsy camps in Manresa, I work in ER at a hospital there and the shit I've seen would make you throw up. The saddest story was when a guy brought a 4 year old girl with needle marks everywhere and her clitoris completely destroyed because of several forceful penetrations. She was found near one of the gyppo settlements. She survived but guess what kind of life is she gonna live now. If I could I would burn them all fucking down.
>>
>>477881
I feel for you. That shit is heartbreaking. You want to kill whoever's responsible, but you know you'll never find them.
>>
>>477684
M8. The women would come into hospitals as they were going into labor, their families would steal anything that wasn't nailed down while making a massive goddamn mess everywhere (using the bathrooms, literally stealing food from other patients) and then they'd all leave without paying a dime.
>>
Believe the memes, gypsies are fucking scum

It's not unfounded at all, they are deserving of their stigma
>>
>>477043
It's actually not a meme, a lily livered fresh from school milk sop like you would be shocked and upset at gypsy brutality towards young girls, even in relatively 'normie' places like the Appleby Horse Fair, they do not hide their culture.
>>
>>477440

qft
>>
>>476943
The Jews are gipsy bankers.

Also, they have Hollywood to push all their theological cosmic victimization down everyone else's throats. Of course, anyone mildly informed knows the Talmudist sect has produced some of the worst genocidal maniacs the world has seen (e.g. Lazar Kaganovich and Genrikh Yagoda).
>>
>>476943
Roma are descended from displaced egyptians
>>
>>477043

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_kidnapping#Roma_.28Gypsy.29_communities

Not a meme, m8. Don't understand why Americans seem to defend gypsies so much without ever meeting one.
>>
>>478322
It's not even an American, it's literally a buttmad gypsy living in Sweden constantly defending them.
>>
>>478336

I see. It's just that every time Americans enter a gypsy conversation they admit that they never met one but still think we are all crazy for hating them. I don't understand that.
>>
>>477667
>>Police magazine is /pol/
To be fair, their thumbnail tab icon literally says POL
>>
>>476992
I don't think you'll find a group in the world more with more nepotism than the Jews. Look at Hollywood.
>>
>>476960
Maybe.. just maybe the fact that they were a nomadic people for a long time defeats the purpose of "Roma state".

Also, the Jews are a highly productive minority and most of them are educated. Roma aren't. Which is why you have 0 Roma that holds influence in European power spheres.

Roma are not to be mistaken for Romanian just to be clear.
>>
>>477942
>but you know you'll never find them.
But on the other hand, if you kill all of them then the issue will be resolved by default.
>>
>>476943
Jews are smart and rich.
Romani are dirt poor and have absolutely no regard for the law.

If you'd ever met a gypsy you'd understand exactly why no one gives a fuck that they got shoah'd.
>>
>>477399
He was probably ostracized for eating restaurant food or shaking hands with a gaje or shaving with a razor that had fallen on the floor
>>
>Jews don't integrate
pls stop this meme once and for all. Assimilated Jews rule american media after all, you should've known.

>>477259
lol
>>
I bet the gypsies were behind this.
>>
because they're inbred, incredibly stupid, violent thieves, rapists, junkies and alcoholics who don't respect anything or anybody and murder their own kin if they dare to suggest that they should get a job and abandon the shittiest parts in their "culture".
>>
>Gypsie nobel prices
>Jew nobels prices
Pretty much all of them
>>
>implying you wouldn't smash that vixen in OP like the fist of an angry god
>>
>>477131
Don't play with your food, ting tong.
>>
>>477259
Italian here, we fucking hate gypsies.
Most "normie" gypsy they show in TV to raise public awareness on them are those who've been trained to be like so, like a PR.
The rest of them are poor people who really don't want to let go of their traditions and steal, rape and kill wherever they go.
>>
>>479507
Because nobody and everybody integrates in the USA. They don't need to integrate there when being an italian american, german american or irish american is seen as normal. Jewish american is not a big step from that, considering there's even a lot of african americans.

Things work (and specially worked) different in Europe.
>>
>>479671
I would, but that has no bearing on OP's question.
>>
>>478355
There's a small % of gypsies in the USA. They're apparently a little more respectable there, probably for the same reason that american muslims seem to be a little more respectable than the european ones. The reason being a giant sea.
>>
>>479507
thats because they started to assimilate
>>
>>477881
The worst is that, with the excuse of "le culture xD" this is allowed and people just looks away as long as the gypsies keep to their own issues, when everyone knows about horrible shit like that.
>>
File: 144855119282.jpg (60 KB, 720x494) Image search: [Google]
144855119282.jpg
60 KB, 720x494
>>476943
i've said it before and i'll say it again.
most of the people pertaining to those groups are parasites - but one leeches from the top and the other leeches from below.
but they resort mostly to trick people and in the end their mindset is pretty similar and clear: we're better than everyone else and we deserve everything.

>inb4 nazishit, /pol/ etc but since i'm partially jew it's ok to be a dick about jews
>>
File: 1448921836932.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1448921836932.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
>>477011
>contributing with exploitation, usury and general money gamble schemes
>>
File: 1451116007071.jpg (211 KB, 746x715) Image search: [Google]
1451116007071.jpg
211 KB, 746x715
>>477259
i live in a pretty irrelevant place called portugal and although we have no nigger problem since pretty much all the negros are well integrated in our society (excluding the shitty ghetto like cities in the south-near the capital) we always had a gypsy problem.

for example,at school:shit happens, kids fights and in the end they all end up shaking hands. but if you happen to beat up a gypsy - which is very usual since they're pretty weak, short and even malnourish - that probably started the fight with you, in the next few hours you'll have a clan of those animals right next to your school door waiting for you...

it happened a lot of times during my school years,13~18yrs old being threatened by dozens of idle subhumans with an average age of23 whose high point in life is to bully and steal shit from college students.
and although that never happened to me since i was robbed a few times by gypsies; one of those by a 22yrs old gypsy (checked at the police station) with a knife
>>
>>477139
And a book writen by a sjw in america is more reliable?
>>
>>479808

I'm Austrian and I'm always surprised at how fucking savage they are. I was once dining at a nice restaurant with my family years ago and some gypsy mother and her daughter who couldn't have been older than maybe 8-10 walked around from table to table asking people for money till some waiter kicked their asses out. Do they have no shame? Never seen any other homeless person do that, not even t*rks.
>>
>>479808
This anon gets it
Some of them are decent, but only a small amount, most of them are the most noisy, chain smoking, trash throwing, kid breeding cunts on this earth.
Last week I visited Paris and the first thing that happens is some gypsie kid trying to pickpocket me while showing news in my face.
Thank god I had my friend with me who smacked him in the face and I got my wallet back
>>
>>476943
Because Jews DID integrate in the 18th-20th centuries
>>
>>478449
WASPs are more nepotistic. Many of America's biggest business are family operations.
>>
>>476943
because jews don't fucking set up camp outside your village and steal your fucking car

say what you want about jews, but if nationalist criticism of them is true, it lends subtly to their actions. gypos are very out in the open about being massive scum.
>>
>>478355
The American image of a gypsy is something out of a Stephen King-novel; a dark, mysterious, seductive fortune teller with weird clothes and cool music. While the reality is a fat, toothless, half-nigger beggar that spits at your for not giving her cigarettes
>>
>>477288
>11 million dead

[citation required]
>>
Because gypsies are actually thieving subhumans who are good for nothing.
Hating jews on the other hand is just a meme.
>>
>>476943
as a law fag I get to deal with both groups at the firm I work at.
Jews are by and large looking for the same legal services as other native clients. And it helpd that we have a few jews working for us to get them to come to us. Not that you would ever notice they wher jewish if they didn't tell you.

gypsies on the other hand fall under "free legal counceling for the new kids" and "one of our clients got robbed/mugged/scamed and altough we don't normaly do criminal law he wants us to do the case"

And don't get me started on the shit I've heard in the hallways of the court.

thank god I'm not a criminal law fag and settled for the fun speciality of zoning and all thins related
>>
>>476968
>The Roma have always been poor.

They have themselves to blame really.
>>
Hating Roma Gypsies is like hating the Italian Mafia.
No one hates ethnic Roma who hold normal jobs for being gypsies. They hate people in nomadic organized crime rings.
>>
>>476943
>>pls no /pol/
>posts a thread full of /pol/ and antisemitic premises

The Jews integrated perfectly as long as they were allowed to you stupid fuck.
>>
>>480336
>No one hates ethnic Roma who hold normal jobs
exept all the other gypsies
>>
>>480420
heh, true
>>
>>480110
I don't know, Anon... King portrayed them quite negatively in Thinner, in which they are vindictive backwards savages cursing white people at the first occasion.

As long as portrayal of Gypsies in American media is concerned, I'd say the the way King paints them is similar to the way Raimi painted them lately in Drag Me to Hell.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.