[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is spiritual enlightenment? Is it bug exploiting of our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: cycleoflife.jpg (45 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
cycleoflife.jpg
45 KB, 500x311
What is spiritual enlightenment? Is it bug exploiting of our biology? Does it exist at all? Is it the realization that it doesn't exist?
>>
>>47604
>>>/x/
>>
>>48030
This is philosophy friend.
>>
>>47604
wild dogs don't eat rooting meat, I think
>>
>>47604
Its a realization of the illusion of temporality and disunity, its like you didn't even read the Upanishads
>>
>>48135
/x/ is the home of these gay-ass spiritual threads. Why don't you post this shit there?
>>
Spiritual enlightenment starts when you don't take people on the internets opinions over your own
/x/ sucks and they decided to come here, and this board will suck as does 4chan, an unreliable source for information

All boards are philosophy boards
>>
>>48237
>All boards are philosophy boards
Go tell that to /sci/
>>
>>48190
What's there to understand?
>>
>>48295
Math is a philosophy as much as it is a science and no rational being would deny this.
>>
>>48237
>>48209
/x/ is for paranormal things. Spirituality isn't paranormal. More like the opposite.
>>
>>48368
Everything and nothing
>>
>>48030
This board is also about Humanities which religion/spiritual shit falls under.
>>
>>48395
Spiritual and paranormal things are synonymous
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like more of an /x/ topic.
>>
>>48452
Enlightenment is about seeing reality. Paranormal is anything but reality.
>>
>>48443
Yeah, but I feel as though its more talking about looking at it from an academic or secular standpoint. Not saying its not worth talking about from other perspectives, but other boards like /x/ are already a good place to discuss sincere religious discussion.
>>
>>48443
And if OP was about those topics in an academic sense it'd be fine. Want to talk about a specific group's ideas? Sure.

Want to ask what "enlightenment" is? That's paranormal shit.
>>
>>48443
I wish chink moot would remove this part so bad

Several feel threads, are being made and the OP always say it is on topic because "This board is also about Humanities", but they all get deleted anyway.
>>
>>48521
How are you going to be enlightened by making seperations
>>
>>48521
Seeing reality is also seeing things that are "not reality", enlightenment is a thing, a word, and enlightenment is paranormal, without explaination.
>>
>>48521
Paranormal doesn't mean not real, it just means that it is difficult or impossible to explain via normative beliefs. Black holes for example are paranormal even though we know they are real because of they can't be adequately explained.
>>
>>48543
How are you going to be enlightened in general? I mean it looks like you can't do or not do anything about. If enlightenment was getting rid of desire trying to become enlightened is still desire. Trying to not become enlightened because trying to be enlightened is desire, is also desire. Ad infinitum.
>>
>>48679
Indifference

There are reasons why we suffer

There are reason why other people suffer

There is a true way to life

It is a process
>>
>>48603
par·a·nor·mal
ˌperəˈnôrm(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: paranormal

denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding.
>>
>>48728
If you're trying to be indifferent you're not indifferent though.
>>
>>47604
it's pure unadultered BS
also
>>/x/
>>
>>48755
And what part of that definition challenges what I just said.
>>
>>48755
I'm pretty sure telekinesis and or clairvoyance are very much understood by science, in the sense that they do not exist or can be explained by concepts like randomness, confirmation bias, you name it.
>>
>>48806
Blackholes = Paranormal Phenomenon. They were described in theory, and observational evidence is being collected.
>>
>>48778
Perhaps you are all applying way too much speculation and definitions to things that are best defined by meditating and not using the internet as a source of information
>>
>>48788
Are you UG Krishnamurti?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV5-CdK_R5Y
>>
>>48962
Blackholes = normal. It's our understanding of the world that is paranormal.
>>
File: the sphinx.jpg (83 KB, 425x496) Image search: [Google]
the sphinx.jpg
83 KB, 425x496
>>49028
>When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will head off your foes with a balanced attack.
>>
>>49210
I don't get it.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.