[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Existentialism & Absurdism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: city wall.jpg (349 KB, 1920x640) Image search: [Google]
city wall.jpg
349 KB, 1920x640
Specifically, the ideas of Sartre, Camus, etc.

Thoughts?
>>
>>466894
>Existentialism & Absurdism
what is the difference exactly?
>>
Everything is pointless. I don't want to talk about it.
>>
>>466894
I find there is no meaning in what we do day to day. But there is the answer of why we exist,what happens after death and many other questions about life that still keep me interested.
>>
Would thinkers like Stirner and Nietzsche qualify as existentialists?

I'm really keen on the whole concept of any these sorts of philosophies. The idea of living with authenticity, ensuring that you understand that you do what you do because you want to do it, for your benefit (even if just an emotional benefit) is very appealing to me. It also has the side effect of making one face up to their own shit, since ultimately the responsibility of bettering your life and bringing it to a state you can enjoy, take pride in, or derive satisfaction from is entirely upon you.
>>
Satre and Camus were heretics and are burning in hell right now.
Or maybe they're sitting in a room with two people they can't get along with.
Either way, they're in hell.
>>
>>469428
>Nietzsche
Yeah, probably
>Stirner
Eh, maybe
>>
I actually have never cared about it, but I know a few names and I must come up with something to say on the issue

Something something nihilism something something absurd
>>
>>466894
existentialism ended with Heidegger basically.
Absurdism is quite appealing, however one will doubt his belief in this system while noticing that absurdism strats with a counter-intuitive and counter-essential epistemological axiom that chaos reigns in existence.
>>
>>469846
>existentialism ended with Heidegger basically.

How so?
>>
I haven't actually read Sartre so excuse my ignorance but Camus was the first philosopher whose ideas concerning being really resonated with me as an individual. He was also the last and since then I have read Plato, Kant, Stirner and several others but none have really hit that mark. I know it sounds plebian but it really did give me a better perspective about the universe and how I fit into it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.