[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who built the box?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 28
File: IMG_3242315985930.jpg (61 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3242315985930.jpg
61 KB, 480x480
So who really built the box and why? Islamist say Abraham built it but it seems there is no evidence to prove that claim.
>>
>>466131
Polytheists.
>>
Vikings probably paid for it because they're cucks
>>
Pagan Arabians, as a place to stop their constant warring
>>
>>466131

This is the part of Islam that makes no sense to me. These guys worship a black box that contains a meterorite inside right? And they kiss it to show obedience to Allah? So what is under the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem then? Why are there 2 important rocks?

Their artifacts seem Mormon-tier, but then again Christians masturbate over the Shroud of Turin, the Spear of Destiny, that Ossuary with Jesus' brother's bones, and the Holy Grail/Ark of the Covenant.
>>
>>466205
>>466212
This, it was originally a fixed cult site for all disparate Arab tribes of the Hejaz and beyond, and served as a sort of "holy ground" where clan feuds were stopped, since each Arab deity had a presence there. Deities like Hubal, al-Manat, Dushara and Yatha were worshipped there, but also Levantine, Mesopotamian and Egyptian gods like Astarte, Baalshamin, Nergal, Sin and Bes.
When Muhammad rose to power, he had the idols removed and proclaimed it to always have been a monotheistic site all along, built by Abraham.
>>
File: 1435791011836.jpg (232 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1435791011836.jpg
232 KB, 1000x1000
>>466230
Simple.

The polytheists worshiped stones which represented their many gods.

Now they worship one stone, which is monotheism.

The ritual of "Stoning the Devil", is a ritual of throwing away the false gods while worshiping the one true god.
>>
>>466230
The Christian items are things associated with Christ himself. Or something that contains The laws of good from good himself The moon rocks are just rocks that the muslims worship
>>
>>466230
IIRC the box pre-dates Islam, being sacred to the polytheistic Arab tribes that lived in this area before Muhammad. I think it once contained idols and shit that early muslims got rid of, leaving the box. how it became a central bit of the Hajj I dont know.

As for the Dome of the Rock that is later still, becoming important because a jewish convert to islam told the ruling Caliph that it was the location of the Night Journey (where muhammad goes on a magic journey one night to Jerusalem)

Coincidentally it is also the site of the destroyed Jewish Temple of Jerusalem destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.

As you can see in both instances you can trace the history of the relevance of both sites to earlier stories and places of religious significance.

>Their artifacts seem Mormon-tier
basically they are, except older. The ottomans collected some interesting artefacts which you can still see in Istanbul such as Muhammad's cloak and some footprints that may or may not be from Jesus' feet.
>>
>>466264
Muslims have that stuff too, for all of their prophets including Jesus and Muhammad. Currently in the care of Turkey at Topkapi palace.

Their modern relevance is actually greater than those of the Christian artefacts for several reasons.
1 - The Muslim world does not condone or permit any tradition of literary or historical criticism of their holy texts or artefacts so for Muslims the Quran is the unadulterated word of God, and the cloak and walking stick/ other bits and bobs from the prophets lives are unarguably genuine
2 - Many Muslims believe that in order for a declared Caliphate (like that which Daesh is trying to establish) to be legit, they have to have in their possession the relics currently residing in Topkapi palace.
>>
>>466333
Still didn't stop then from being pagans dancing around a rock
>>
>>466131
>Islamist
That is the traditional Muslim view, not a extremist view. Regular non-extremist Muslims (can) also believe that a monotheist built the site. Whether it originally was a cube as it is now, or if the site looked as it does now, might be disputed. It could have been a regular, simple place of worship

>>466230
>These guys worship a black box that contains a meterorite inside right?
No. They do not worship the black stone. The black stone, or rather the site it is associated with, is just place marker for Muslims to use so that they are unified in prayer directon. The rock and the cube could be vaporized and Muslims will still pray towards that site (they'd be mad if course, but that doesn't stop them from practicing their religion

>And they kiss it to show obedience to Allah?
No. You do not have to kiss it at all.
>>
>>466230
>These guys worship a black box
Try again anon.
>>
>>466261
>When Muhammad rose to power, he had the idols removed and proclaimed it to always have been a monotheistic site all along, built by Abraham.
The Abrahamic origin of the Ka`ba was claimed in the early Makkan days iirc, when Muhammad had no kind of power. This wouldn't really be a problem to the pagan Arabs, who were highly syncretic.
>>
>>466550

Then why are 10,000s of them gathered around a giant black box in their holiest city? What the hell else is that called? You're being pedantic.
>>
>>466263
>Some Christian actually made this image and deliberately misquoted the passage to suit their own ends
Enjoy hellfire
>>
>>466573
This is like saying Christians worship churches because they gather in them. The Ka`ba is only a reference point for the direction of prayer, the purpose of which is to unite all Muslims toward a common direction. You could remove the Ka`ba and nothing would be lost, it's actually not even designed to last structurally and is frequently destroyed by floods and other phenomena. It's just a building and the stone is an artifact that according to Islamic legend was sent by God to guide Adam and Eve. There is no reference to any stone or any building during the worship service of Muslims. Better to be right and pedantic than to be wrong and belligerent imo.
>>
>>466573
Because their pilgrimage consists of going to the two holy cities which are mekka an medina and the black cube is the centre at which all prayers go towards but the prayers are meant to go to allah.
>>
>>466131
Arabian idolaters, sir.
Their paganish priests had builded a box with help of shahs for keeping in the box statues of allahes onto old time. Nobody know secret of the box. May be the photographs of Saudi Royal Family inside or something type of that.
>>
The Kaaba is at the centre of the earth. It's where Adam built the first mosque, or temple to God. Apparently where he "fell" from heaven.

Abraham and Ismail re-built it.

Just watch this video. Do the calculations yourself if you don't believe it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXuNQSf6V2E
>>
File: index.jpg (14 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14 KB, 275x183
Quranists have not only a black idolbox, also they have a stone vagina for worship.
>>
It's not all-important, even as a focal point of prayers.
The first qiblah (the direction of prayers) was towards the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Muhammad changed it at one point.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qibla

Also, something interesting popped up when I was reading the article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_astronauts#Praying_towards_Mecca_in_space
>>
>>466131

abraham lincoln built a log cabin in mecca
>>
>>466263

is it just me, or does it look like there is a demonic face in that meteor?
>>
>>466577
That is a Catholic Bible verse, so it predates your dirty heretic version.
>>
>>467243
>The Kaaba is at the centre of the earth.
The centre of the Earth neath on 6378 kilometres from any point on the Earth.
Also that place full of magma, so a cold square stone can not show a round magma hearth of the Earth.
>>
No one is discussing the question
Who made that box anyway, if not Abraham? Besides "probably the guys worshipping it before"? Islam makes a bunch of claims about events and monuments that already existed, shouldn't it be easy to prove or disprove?
>>
>>467336
That's just you.

That meteor is totally a vagina though.
>>
>>467376
Pardon me, but I meant it's the golden mean point of the surface of earth. Apologies.

You argued semantics (and rightly so), but can you argue that Mecca is not at the golden mean point of the surface of earth

>>467402
Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing, and a guidance for mankind.
—Quran, Chapter 3 (Aale-Imran) verse 96

Behold! We gave the site, to Ibraham, of the (Sacred) House, (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me; and sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or stand up, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer).
—Quran, Chapter 22 (Al Hajj) verse 26

And remember Ibraham and Ishmael raised the foundations of the House (With this prayer): "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing.
—Quran, Chapter 2 (Al Bakarah) verse 127

Ibn Kathir, the famous commentator on the Quran, mentions two interpretations among the Muslims on the origin of the Kaaba. One is that the shrine was a place of worship for Angels before the creation of man. Later, a temple was built on the location by Adam and Eve which was lost during the flood in Noah's time and was finally rebuilt by Abraham and Ishmael as mentioned later in the Quran. Ibn Kathir regarded this tradition as weak and preferred instead the narration by Ali ibn Abi Talib that although several other temples might have preceded the Kaabah, it was the first "House of God", dedicated solely to Him, built by His instruction and sanctified and blessed by Him as stated in Quran 22:26–29.

I posted a simple version of events here >>467243
>>
File: lvl5upg.jpg (6 KB, 100x130) Image search: [Google]
lvl5upg.jpg
6 KB, 100x130
>>467402
>Besides "probably the guys worshipping it before"?
It might be not bad....get an already developed link, a provider to ether world of spirits.
>>467410
Yeah, a stone vagina and a symbol of the Moon in the mix produce a Molotov cocktail
>>
>>467346

>"3 in 1 Gods is monotheism, except when it's evidently not"
>"Jesus loves you even though his dad evidently does not"
>"Crucifix is totally not idolatry even though we pray to it".
>"No graven images of God but Jesus was white and ripped, check out those abs"
>"Pope is the ultimate authority to God's will, it is God's will that you give us money and die for us, sinner"

Catholicism a shit. You are the best sequel hands down, but consider that your competition is Islam so thats not saying much.

With the exception of some parts about who can interpret god's will (all 3 have their own opinions), only Judaism strictly followed the "no idolatry" rule to the point that they not even once attempt to pronounce their own god's name (Only christfags call the god of Abraham Yahweh, Jews will spell it but never pronounce it). There are parts in the Torah that insinuates that Yahweh and Abraham's god El were once separate dieties, that later on merged. This makes sense since Abraham was from Mesopotamia where El was worshiped, while the ancient Canaanites worshiped Yahweh. So El became Elohim and Allah, all meaning the same thing basically.
>>
>>466131

It used to be a temple for goddess Allat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-l%C4%81t
>>
All Abramahic religions practice some form of idolatry. Christians have the cross and saints, Islam has "The Box" and Jews have the Temple mount.
>>
File: 10b.jpg (305 KB, 967x2000) Image search: [Google]
10b.jpg
305 KB, 967x2000
>>467491
JUDAISM AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> T H I S . I M A G E . I S . C E N S O R E D
>>
File: pnsVga2.jpg (56 KB, 708x525) Image search: [Google]
pnsVga2.jpg
56 KB, 708x525
>>467535
cont -
>>
File: hexagram.jpg (33 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
hexagram.jpg
33 KB, 800x600
>>467540
>>
File: feminine.jpg (9 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
feminine.jpg
9 KB, 640x480
>>467542
>>
File: masculine.jpg (9 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
masculine.jpg
9 KB, 640x480
>>467543

JUDAISM? MORE LIKE MYSTERY BABYLON HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>467525

Not all Christians do. It actually says in the bible you should pray at home in private.

>“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
>>
>>467535
>>467540
>>467542
that is some nice dots you connected
to bad you are fucking dumb as hell

>GUISE!!! MISSONARY.... GUISE LISTEN.... MISSONARY IS A JEWISH.... GUUUUUISEEEE COMON ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!
>SEEE THESE JEWISH NUMBER?!!? PEEEENIS. VAGINAAAA
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN "that dosent really seam related" ITS ALL A FUGGIN CONSPIRACY I TELLL YOUUU PENIS AND VAGINAA
>LOOOK GUISE A COAT HANGER AND A COMPASS MAKE A HEXAGRAM!!!
>IT DOSENT MATTTER THAT I ADDED A LINE ITS THERE I TELL YOU ITS THEREEEEEEEEEEEE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>REEEEEEEEEEE
>JEWS STOLE MAAAH MONEY AND BLACKS STOLE MY GIRLFRIEND
>ALRIGTH SHE WASENT MY GIRLFRIEND BUT I WAS GOING TO TALK TO HER ONE DAAAY
>REEEEEEEEEEE

this is how you come across from 3 fucking pictures
hope it helps you take your meds
>>
>>467575
That is not a refutation, you're a faggot.
>>
>>467582
How can one refutate idiocy and straw grasping?
>>
File: chaffWheat.jpg (52 KB, 564x373) Image search: [Google]
chaffWheat.jpg
52 KB, 564x373
>>467600
cont-
>>
File: FLAIL.jpg (51 KB, 499x358) Image search: [Google]
FLAIL.jpg
51 KB, 499x358
>>467608
The FLAIL is the tool used to separate the wheat from the CHAFF.

cont-
>>
File: Stele_of_Qadesh_upper-frame.jpg (3 MB, 2630x2626) Image search: [Google]
Stele_of_Qadesh_upper-frame.jpg
3 MB, 2630x2626
>>467611

Here you can see MIN with the FLAIL in his hand, and his erect phallus. This is a symbol for the FERTILITY of the land.

To the right is Resheph

cont-
>>
>>467535
>>467540
>>467542
>>467543
>>467547
>>467608
>>467611
>>467619
>see dicks and sex in everything
>don't read any relevant scholarship, just invent some insane shit about the illuminati
You're not enlightening anyone, get help.
>>
>>467626
Canaanite god
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resheph

I don't believe in such nonsense as the Illuminati, you're projecting, and then attacking your projections.

The devil fights with himself.
>>
>>467608
>>467611
>>467619

>WHEAT AND DICKS ARE THE SAME THING (seriously what?)

>FLAILS WHERE USED TO FARM WHEAT

>EGPTIANS UNDERSTOD THE CONCEPT OF FERTILITY

so what is the conspiracy here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pOVE8b9Qtw < this is what you souund like
>>
File: 666spiral2007_knot.jpg (162 KB, 1024x690) Image search: [Google]
666spiral2007_knot.jpg
162 KB, 1024x690
>>467665
665, close, so close.

I'm the real deal.
>>
>>467611
>>467619
Hey you! Do not tousle a grandma!
Let an ancient goodness sleep in peace.
>>
File: nameOfTheBeast.jpg (172 KB, 950x1200) Image search: [Google]
nameOfTheBeast.jpg
172 KB, 950x1200
>>467671
>ancient goodness
WHORE OF BABYLON
>>
>>467669
So humans liking symbolism is a conspiracy?
i mean you like symbolism you see it everywhere

>I'm the real deal.

real deal of what? schizo's?
if you actualy prove a point instead of posting these useless pictures wich are literally just your subjective thinking i migth belive you.

>protip you cant prove any actual points
>>
>>467692
>wich are literally just your subjective thinking i migth
Seems you've been rattled
>>
>>467681
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scroll_%28art%29

>he actualy thinks spirals originated from babylon
>>
>>467681
No one care about Judish (and as dependence result: Chistianish) opinion. The Babylon sity was a capital of an ancient empire, cool as Rome sity, and judes in them was be as an modern American Indean in USA.
>>
>>467706
yes desillusion's tend to rattle me
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 196x257
>>467681
Just imitation of great nature, and also, numerology is bullshit
>>
File: a666spiral.jpg (146 KB, 1024x690) Image search: [Google]
a666spiral.jpg
146 KB, 1024x690
>>467711
Bible states that the father of Jerusalem was an Amorite

>>467710
You're projecting again

remember
>>467635

>>467719
pic related
>>
>>467727
you actually took the time to make all those pictures just so you could troll a thread?
>>
>>466563
provide a legit source for that please, Ahmed
>>
File: KnotInanna.jpg (30 KB, 137x215) Image search: [Google]
KnotInanna.jpg
30 KB, 137x215
>>467759
There are 3 criterion.

1) Number
2) Character
3) Name

1) pic related is the Sumerian Symbol for Inanna's name.

2) it is a character
>>467681

3) it is the number
>>467669

Name, Number, and Character confirmed.
>>
>>467410

The virgin mary also kind of looks like a vagina, like her head is the clitoris and her cloak is the lips. whats with divine vaginas?
>>
>>467727
>he dosent even know the number of the beast is 616 and is actually a code that relates to nero
>>
File: whoreOfBabylon.jpg (50 KB, 768x429) Image search: [Google]
whoreOfBabylon.jpg
50 KB, 768x429
>>467774
Is that so?
>>
>>467784
>cup and torch are now the same thing
>>
>>467784
>mfw Benjamin Franklin was a mason
>worshiped Lucifer
>received illumination
>Illuminati Satanist conspiracies are interwoven into the very core of our nation
>>
File: hellfire_club-time.jpg (222 KB, 402x528) Image search: [Google]
hellfire_club-time.jpg
222 KB, 402x528
>>467794
You're such an inept moron, no insight whatsoever.

>>467813
pic related
>>
>>467820
cont-
>>
File: Anchorman.jpg (35 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Anchorman.jpg
35 KB, 600x300
>>467822
>>
>>467813
>mfw he dosent know lucifer has nothing to do with satan

>>467820
so just because i see that the symbolism you pretend is there isent there i have no insigth?
more like you make connections to easily
>>
File: 01_US-$5_full.jpg (290 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
01_US-$5_full.jpg
290 KB, 1024x904
>>467829
>so just because i see that the symbolism you pretend is there isent there i have no insigth?
>more like you make connections to easily
You don't understand the metaphor, consider "Grapes of Wrath", what does that mean? Have you not ever heard of the metaphor of punishing someone so badly that they are permanently drunk?

The Cup is a Metaphor, she passes her cup to all the peoples to drink from it, she literally does not pass a cup around.

Read Revelation 17:18
> The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.

The woman = city

See pic related
>>
File: sol.jpg (55 KB, 636x832) Image search: [Google]
sol.jpg
55 KB, 636x832
>>467847
cont -
>>
File: prometheus-pic.png (796 KB, 759x640) Image search: [Google]
prometheus-pic.png
796 KB, 759x640
>>467850
- cont
>>
>>467727
I love old currency, a dollar note from the 20s wpuld be an excellent addition to my collection.
>>
>>467847
So cups are now metaphores for torches?
>>
>>467765
>its a character
>its a number

Wrong its decoration.
>>
Evidence lends support to claims, it does not prove them.

A pressing grade in a basic critical thinking course should be required before anyone is allowed to use they internet.
>>
>>467908
>A pressing grade in a basic critical thinking course should be required before anyone is allowed to use they internet.

atleast if you want to do anything els then post pictures of your food and clamour for attention on social medias
>>
File: 1862_first.jpg (365 KB, 1024x690) Image search: [Google]
1862_first.jpg
365 KB, 1024x690
>>467872
Seen as the first real Dollar, this has Salmon P Chase as the figurehead.
>>
>>467970
>tfw there is so many pieces of currency out there that I'll never get my hands on
>>
>>467893
Do you know what that is called? ELECTRICITY AS THE DOMINANT FORCE IN THE UNIVERSE.

You can clearly see it is a metaphor, the god like figure to the right proclaims that our engines/horsepower are now powered by Electricity.

Clearly they are looking back toward Europe announcing they are now the Dominant Force in the Universe.

They send their offer of peace in the form of electricity.
>>
File: 666_1896.jpg (249 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
666_1896.jpg
249 KB, 1024x684
>>467977
I like this one, very nice.
>>
File: american5Child.jpg (769 KB, 1667x2000) Image search: [Google]
american5Child.jpg
769 KB, 1667x2000
>>467991
>>
>>467970
>>467991
>>467994
alrigth mate you have been hilarious
keep on beliving!
>>
File: 2007_CLEARER.jpg (172 KB, 600x561) Image search: [Google]
2007_CLEARER.jpg
172 KB, 600x561
>>467999

close enough
>>
>>468016
mabey its a metaphore for how everything you belive is inverted
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.