[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you realised Zizek gives new talks at the drop of a hat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
Have you realised Zizek gives new talks at the drop of a hat? How is it that one guy can glide by solely based on extreme levels of charisma? How do I become like him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXB7osLEb10
>>
>appeal to retard leftist students
>spout absolute nonsense that paints them/blacks/women as the victim of some kind of structural oppression
>???
>profit
>>
>>458414
>How is it that one guy can glide by solely based on extreme levels of charisma?
Because he has a cult of personality. He's more performance artist than academic at this point.
>>
>>458414

>be on cia payroll
>>
>>458414
>Have you realised Zizek gives new talks at the drop of a hat?
>Žižek
>new

He recycles his act like a stand up comic.
>>
>>458427
>spout absolute nonsense that paints them/blacks/women as the victim of some kind of structural oppression
Doesn't he speak against this kind of thinking in Pervert's Guide to Ideology? (the only thing by him that I have read/watched)
>>
>>458427
except he doesn't even do this. Wtf are you goin on about?
>>
File: JFK.png (216 KB, 396x371) Image search: [Google]
JFK.png
216 KB, 396x371
>>458414
> How is it that one guy can glide by
Well
>solely based on extreme levels of charisma
>>
File: lezizekman.png (10 KB, 374x391) Image search: [Google]
lezizekman.png
10 KB, 374x391
my meme
>>
>>459229
well meme'd sire
>>
>>458443
Why would he be? How would that be practical for them?
>>
i liked him from star wars 7 tbqhwy
>>
>>458443
If he was, I don't think he'd be bitching about how all the feel-good lefty thinkers can afford to give cheap talks because George Soros pays for everything.
>>
>>459229
>>459413

Speaking of, in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwYLaX5_ZQA
around 42:00 or so he starts talking about Dawkin's concept of the "memm", mainly in that it's frightening to him because memms aren't transmitted because they are useful to us, or because the subjective experience of using memms is enjoyable, but because they program us into using them so they can be reproduced
>>
>>458414
he's an entertainer not a philosopher
>>
>>458414
yeah OP, desu in proportion to how much people listen to a man, is how much that man is right and good and the shit and etc. you fucking idiot
that's why emma watson is the lord g-d of feminism and why we should listen to pop actors instead because people definitely know what's op
fuck thinking for yourself, why do your thoughts matter? why, because you don't get laid and in proportion to how much laid you get is how right you are
fucking marxist worshipping communist nigger

remember that lacan said that the square root of -1 is the phalus, or the penis is an imaginary number.
>>
>>458434
He always was, I am from Slovenia, and his appeal was more of a somewhat autistic man being able to comprehend higher philosophical discourses, that whole presentation of him struggling with his autism made the charm and personality which made him what he is today.
>(also he is anti-jewish and still not silenced)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0qiAita4s
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>461136
this is genuinely autistic
>>
File: 1449440934828.jpg (80 KB, 400x605) Image search: [Google]
1449440934828.jpg
80 KB, 400x605
develop strange affectations and ramble endlessly
>>
My philosophy professor whose also chairman of the department has no idea who Zizek is. What should I make of this information?
>>
>>462847
He doesn't spend his time on meme-philosophy and cinema-autisto, a good man.
>>
>>459454
Kek
>>
>>461136
>>(also he is anti-jewish and still not silenced)
I am from Israel and have been to a couple of the talks he gave in Tel Aviv. Not only did he did not come off as antisemitic but he also cudgled the more pro-Palestinian commentator who spoke with him.
>>
Why is this guy such a meme on 4chan? Is there something about his ideology? Never understood the obsession of Zizek.
>>
>muh pragmatism
>muh dogmatism
>muh Lacan
>muh Weber
>what if the opposite is the truth
>DUDE HEGEL LMAO
>communism is bettererar capitalism CHINA STRONK
*sniffs*

He is the black science guys of Frankfurt.He even gives zany flick reviews.

>>462847
A real philosopher reads from source, he doesn't read the regurgitated version made for plebs, penned by some coked Slav.
>>
>>462990
>le reactionary thinkers are actually the good natured nice guys, but I am unrionical a stalinist, because I think violence solves results
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.