[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of giant skeletons? Why does the Smithsonian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: USA Giants - Skeletons.jpg (78 KB, 666x633) Image search: [Google]
USA Giants - Skeletons.jpg
78 KB, 666x633
What does /his/ think of giant skeletons? Why does the Smithsonian hide their evidence?
>>
>>45681
Isn't basketball enough evidence of tall people?
>>
>>45681
Hidden or just put away? They cant display everything. So if they had large skeletons on display for a hundred years, they might put them away to make room for something else.
>>
Evidence of what, that there was a really tall Indian?

People can grow to that height, it's not like he was an AYYLien
>>
>>45681
I see no reason that historical giants might have been myths, especially when you consider Angus MacAskill. Who is the largest man in recorded history who suffered no ill effects from his size.

People that big are just rare as fuck, and historically they probably would have just died of starvation, or had their growth stunted by lack of food. With just the sheer amount of people that have been born or died, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that some would be bigger than what we would consider to be average.

Not that big of a deal, to be honest. Shit happens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_MacAskill
>>
>>46872
Holy fuck that guy is a Space Marine.
>>
There was a tall subspecies of Homo erectus referred to as Meganthropus. Does that count?
>>
>>45681
many things at the smithsonian and metropolitan are confirmed fake but they wont get rid of them. for the met its something like 1/3 of items can be confirmed as fake.

one off the top of my head is the folder arms idols from the cycladic islands. the met says they have thousands but only about 12 are real. sorry cant sauce anything or look up the actual numbers I'm riding a train and not on my laptop but it should be easy to find
>>
There isn't really any evidence for them. I'm sure lots of tall people lived in the past and their bones have been found, but the kind of stuff you see on /x/ mostly seems to be the result of tall tale-telling. When bodies decompose, they disarticulate in a way that makes them look bigger, which probably accounts for a lot of stories. Some of the other ones just seem made up. And the pictures that aren't fake usually involve some obvious prospective manipulation.
>>
>>49131
Shit, I meant perspective.
>>
>>45681
Please don't turn /his/ into /x/
>>
>>45681
Well, if you're posting that picture you probably know this theory; but the reason the Native American mummies/skeletons were hidden and their graves destroyed was to suppress interest in their history and discredit any sort of "advanced" practice they may have had.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.