[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would the world be like if- Mithraism became dominant instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Antisemetic Bank Card.png (394 KB, 1065x1181) Image search: [Google]
Antisemetic Bank Card.png
394 KB, 1065x1181
What would the world be like if-
Mithraism became dominant instead of Christianity
Zoroastrianism became dominant instead of Islam
Assyrians prospered instead of Judaism
>>
Pretty different, I think.
>>
>>453946

>Assyrians prospered instead of Judaism

Jesus christ how horrifying
>>
Probably pretty similar, since environmental determinism is more true than spiritual determinism
>>
>>453960
>Judaism
>Prosperous
They didn't have a state until the 20th century, how can you say Jews were prosperous? They were discriminated against by every major power for the past 3500 years.
>>
>>453973
They banked and schvitzed their way into having their own country.
>>
Very different.
>>
File: 1450276940950.png (9 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
1450276940950.png
9 KB, 168x200
>picture
>>
>>453960
Not at all, Assyrians were some of the first people to adopt Christianity. They went from being war gods to peaceful people.
>>
>>453992
So? They were persecuted and suffered the Holocaust, among countless pogroms.
>>
>>455127
And there are still Assyrian populations in Iraq and Syria
>>
>>455127
Read the OP dumbfuck

>Mithraism became dominant instead of Christianity
>>
>>455279
Mithraism was never popular for assyrians and only a challenger for christianity in the western part of the empire. What do you propose would replace christianity for the assyrians since it obviously wouldn't have been mithraism. Also manicheaism was more of a challenger to christianity throughout the roman empire although manicheaism was more popular with the lower classes and mithraism with the higher classes.
>>
>>455351
>What would the world be like if-
>>
>>455279
I'm Assyrian you dumbfuck
>>
File: Strayapost.webm (3 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
Strayapost.webm
3 MB, 640x350
>The Hallelu Foundation, which aims to promote a positive perception of Israel around the world, came across the bank card after it was issued by one of Norway's largest banking firms, DNB, to an Australian national residing in the Scandinavian country.
>>
>>456083
>I'm Assyrian you dumbfuck
Sumer is pig
Do you want a ziggurat?
Do you want a beer?
Gilgamesh is a murderer
>>
>>457155
What the fuck is with Australians? They're basically the /b/ of the Anglosphere.
>>
>>457175
Why do you think they were banished from England?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.