[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've recently found out about the long history the US Democrats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1423588772786.png (222 KB, 915x694) Image search: [Google]
1423588772786.png
222 KB, 915x694
I've recently found out about the long history the US Democrats have of oppressing minorities

>mfw Jefferson David was a Democrat
>mfw Lincoln/Ulysses S. Grant were both Republicans
>mfw Franklin Roosevelt was a Democrat
>mfw Lyndon B. Johnson was a Democrat
>mfw Democrats enslaved blacks with social welfare
>mfw Democrats put Japanese-Americans into camps
>mfw the insidiousness of the Democrats
>mfw
>>
>>448853
Bait, sage, ignore
>>
What is US political history
>>
>>448853
This is more /pol/ post than /his/, but then again everyone on /pol/ already knows this.
>>
>>448862
What the fuck do you mean b8

I'm Canadian and even I know that this is all fact.
>>
>>448871
Taking a post like OP at face value implies you know literally nothing about how the parties developed
>>
>>448853
>tips foil hat

Purely just a coincidence. Plus, every U.S. President, and candidate, oppressed minorities in some way up until the 70s.
>>
>>448880
On one hand it's fun seeing democrats getting triggered by their not so progressive party past, but on other hand pre civil era democrats really don't have anything other than the name in common with modern democratic party.
>>
>>448890
They still think blacks are subhuman.

Only now instead of whipping them they treat them like overgrown children.
>>
>>448890
That confirms that op is just bait
>>
>>448890
>implying most of us are American
>>
With the state of the "current narrative" being that Republicans are inherently racist and oppressive to everyone that isn't rich and white and that the Dem's are the saviours of every minority, it's good to reaffirm these facts.
>>
>>448853
>he doesn't know about the great switcheroo
>>
>>448896
I'm not American either, but I still know their political history. Mostly because I did my masters on this topic.
>>
>>448897
>obviously parties are the same and adhere to the same ideology in their 150+ year existence
>>
>>448853
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>448906
Nobody in this thread seems to
>>
>>448853
Modern-day and 19th century democrats are hardly comparable.
>>
Democrats and republicans switched their voter bases with the civil rights movement
>>
Working and not getting paid is the opposite of getting paid and not working. Nonsensical to say they're the same thing.
>>
Democrats were the party of Southern whites up until the Reagan era. When Democrats started catering to the minority vote instead, Republicans began catering to the South.

See Nixon on busing, Reagan's "Cadillac-driving welfare queens", Willie Horton, ect.
>>
And the the Tory Party originally meant those who supported the Stuart claim to the throne, but that doesn't mean David Cameron hates the Queen.
>>
Comparing modern politicians to historical ones by the name of the party they belong/belonged to is moronic.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.