[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Han Chinese couldn't over throw the Manchu Qing government
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 15
File: hongwu_zhu_yuanzhang_86.jpg (115 KB, 494x690) Image search: [Google]
hongwu_zhu_yuanzhang_86.jpg
115 KB, 494x690
>Han Chinese couldn't over throw the Manchu Qing government until 1911

Why is this?
>>
Han Chinese tend to be weak, servile compared to Manchus. Small, thin framed, non-athletic. Manchus still dominate in every field compared to the Han and have higher incomes years after the cultural revolution because they are clearly smarter and stronger in every way
>>
>>444482
Too busy starving
>>
WE
>>
>>444504
WUZ
>>
>>444502
Is this the new pasta?
>>
>>444509
QINGZ
>>
>>444502
>be manchus
>do nothin of importance for thousands of years
>take over the Ming during the Little Ice Age
>replace guns with horses
>run the country into the ground
>le master race
>>
>>444511
in /pol/ some japanese is shilling how japanese are descended from manchus and how "east aryans" (japanese and manchus) should dominate koreans and chinese
>>
Because it didn't really matter what ethnicity was ruling over China. China was in decline for much earlier than 1911 or even the Opium Wars. Disgust with the Manchu ruling elite didn't happen till people like Sun Yat-sen fomented discontent against the Manchus so the average Han Chinese could have a domestic target to attack. It's like how Germans blamed Jews for all the ills that were afflicting their nation.

>>444502
Contemporary Manchus have been nearly completely assimilated into the Han. You guys got fucked hard.
>>
>>444523
>/his/ being kucked by /pol/ and /int/ shitposting

Well fucking shit.
>>
>>444528
>. Disgust with the Manchu ruling elite didn't happen till people like Sun Yat-sen fomented discontent against the Manchus

Taiping rebellion, Nian rebellion

or fucking every Han Chinese led rebellion since 1644

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Qing_sentiment
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 640x464
>>444523
Nothing like asians duking it out for top beta
>>
>>444502
>Han Chinese tend to be weak, servile compared to Manchus. Small, thin framed, non-athletic.

Tallest people in China on average are from the Shandong province which is 99% Han

Get kucked Jurchen fucking shits
>>
>>444482
Should've stuck with the Yuan desu
>>
>>444550
Yuan dynasty to Han Chinese is what antebellum south is to African-Americans
>>
>>444543
>Shandong
>Han Chinese

They're Korean, tbhfam
>>
File: Y-haplotype_asian.jpg (60 KB, 912x535) Image search: [Google]
Y-haplotype_asian.jpg
60 KB, 912x535
>>444558
You mean Koreans have a bit of Han Chinese genes in them
>>
ok, can someone redpill what happened to the manchus after 1911? I keep hearing shills saying that there were huge massacres when millions of manchus died, but I can't find any sources. also, they say most manchus who came out during the cultural revolution were han chinese with fake documents, but didn't they have documents to show descent from the banners? Wouldn't a lot of those classified as Manchus be half Chinese?

>WE WUZ QINGZ N SHIT
>WUZ QINGZ N SHIT WE
>QINGZ N SHIT WE WUZ
>N SHIT WE WUZ QINGZ
>SHIT WE WUZ QINGZ N
>>
>>444558
Wait what?
99.3% of Shandong is Han
0.6% is Hui
~0.1% is other
>>
>>444571
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Qing_sentiment#Overthrow_of_the_Qing
>>
>>444571
Most of the Manchus just assimilated into the Han population afaik
>>
>>444523
someone post the pictures of "manchus" with their pancake faces
>>
>>444558
>>444570
>>444543
It's ironic, most Manchus these days have a lot of Shandongese blood from the Chuang Guandong days
>>
File: Uksilku.jpg (2 MB, 746x1413) Image search: [Google]
Uksilku.jpg
2 MB, 746x1413
>>444585
>M-manchu mustard r-race!
>>
>>444555
Only in the Han's heads, anyway. Sourest of all losers.
>>
File: tumblr_m9qlteRGCX1rf3hl7o2_1280.jpg (200 KB, 685x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9qlteRGCX1rf3hl7o2_1280.jpg
200 KB, 685x1000
>>444614
>Only in the Han's heads, anyway. Sourest of all losers.

The same way that slavery was only bad to the African-Americans you dumb fuck
>>
>>444614
Well how could you view the Yuan Dynasty favorably? The Song Dynasty was by far the greatest dynasty of all time and the Yuan pushed all the progress backwards
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 1024x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 1024x454
>>444602
>>444558
>>444570
>>444543
Also Koreans have a lot of Shandongese ancestry, since it faces Shandong. I am not surprised if most of haplogroup C in Koreans come from Shandong (as well as O3). I know Shandongese who lived in Korea (and opened jiajiang mein noodle restaurants) and they look exactly and blend just well with Koreans
>>
>>444504
>>444509
>>444516
Good job
>>
>>444650
Look how Korea directly faces Shandong, yet Shandong is a lot more densely populated. Total population of Korea is 70 million, Shandong is 100 million

Korea logically would be heavily settled by migrants from Shandong
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 454x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 454x452
>>444679
>>
>>444679
>Total population of Korea is 70 million, Shandong is 100 million

Korea didn't become densely populated until post-industrialization
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 640x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 640x249
A lot of the early cultures (think +3000 years ago, not recent) in NE Asia had a lot of sinitic influence and movement from China proper early on. Don't tell Korean or "Manchu" nationalists that. A lot of the people who founded Koguryo, the Korean kingdoms and Jurchens were Han Chinese immigrants and refugees. Genetic studies show that Northeastern Asian groups have a predominate Sinitic component, instead of North Asian (like Yakuts, Buryats, Outer Mongolians, Ewenkis and Tungusic tribes)
>>
>>444731
Well that furthers my point. Shandong is a lot smaller, but more dense so they could easily overwhelm the eastern coast of Korea where most Koreans lived after a great war or invasion
>>
>>444734
See

>>444570

Top = nomadic Eastern Asian genes
Bottom = sedentary Eastern Asian genes
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 852x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 852x332
>>444734
>>
>>444751
no, don't stop post that graph. It doesn't come from a real study that anyone knows of and has been around since 2005
>>
>>444611
>>444657
What the hell
>>
>>444771
>It doesn't come from a real study that anyone knows of

Bullshhit
>>
>>444788
Then why hasn't anybody known which study it came fron? Gook and Chink shitposters just love posting those shit circles out of their ass
>>
Most Han didn't care, especially early on. A vast majority of the army that conquered the Ming were Han Chinese deserters. From the very start, the Manchus were the minority even in their own army.
>>
>>444834
>Most Han didn't care, especially early on.

Ming loyalist army m8
>>
>>444837

Got rekt hard
>>
Han Chinese are rather weak and beta. The tribal northern Asians like Mongol and Japs were more fierce and dominant. Basically Hans loved to get butfucked
>>
>>444857
Godtier Asians: Japanese, Manchus, Mongols, Tibetans, Burmese (notice how all these guys are Buddhist)

Shit-tier Asians: Chinese and Koreans (same exact thing lol), Vietnamese, Thais, Filipinos, Cambodians, Indonesians
>>
File: image002.jpg (31 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
image002.jpg
31 KB, 576x432
>>444523
>east aryans
>>
>>444803
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3087676/
>>
>>444905
the chart doesn't come from this study

it comes from 2003 excel and some "manchu" chinkposter's overactive imagination
>>
>>444905
chinese (central plains, hebei and shandong) have a lot more C3 and N based on recent studies up to 15% and 10-12% respectively in studies frim 2013-2014. "Manchus" have a lot more O3 and less N, they are virtually indifferentiably from Liaoning Han Chinese. Manchus are barely Northern Asian, they gravitate towards Chinese
>>
>>444834
>Most Han didn't care, especially early on

That's a whole crock of bullshit. Tens of millions of Han Chinese fought to the death, especially once the Manchus imposed the Queue. Also, there were always underground anti-Manchu movements. The Manchus were like gestapo back during Qing.

As for modern Manchus, they're pretty chill. They assimilated with Han Chinese for a while now
>>
Manchu Way by Mark Elliott
>>
>>444873
>Godtier Asians: Japanese, Manchus, Mongols, Tibetans, Burmese (notice how none of these people had functional indigenous civilizations except Japan)
>>
>>444734
The ironic thing is Koreans/Manchus have more Sinitic blood than Han Chinese from the deep south.
>>
>>Han Chinese couldn't over throw the Manchu Qing government until 1911
There were many rebellions, but the Qing had also loyal Han supporters. To not forget the Qing Dynasty created a stable state, and under Kangxi, the peasants weren't even taxed.
Anti-Manchu sentiment became a problem after the Opium war, because Qing's ANTI FOREIGN propaganda backfired so hard. I think you can see the problem with this kind of propaganda when the ruler themselves are foreign.
The only reason the 1911 rebellion was successful was because of Yuan Shikai, he could have put down the rebellion, but he decided to join them after they offered him presidency.

>>444523
>in /pol/ some japanese is shilling how japanese are descended from manchus and how "east aryans" (japanese and manchus) should dominate koreans and chinese
The great irony is that no Manchu separatist movement exist and they shimp out if you say they are not chinese. kek
>>
I'm Han Chinese, but my parents and grandparents came from Anshan, Liaoning and the area north of Shenyang, their ancestors residing there for hundreds of years. I look different from most Chinese, bold dark eyebrows, aquiline nose and sharp cheek bones, deeper set eyes than usual. I know I have some Mongol ancestry way back from the Yuan and even an ancestor in the Eight Banner Army (idk which one). I know that area wasn't ruled directly by Chinese for hundreds of years before the Yuan and Ming

Is there any way I can adopt a Manchu identity? I honestly hate being Chinese even when I am most likely mostly Altaic, Mongol or Tungusic in ancestry
>>
>>445106
>bold dark eyebrows, aquiline nose and sharp cheek bones, deeper set eyes than usual.

>bold dark eyebrows
That's a Han trait. Altaics have thin almost non-existent eyebrows.

>deeper set eyes
That's a southern Han Chinese trait. Altaics have flat eyes.
>>
>>445106
>I look different from most Chinese

That's true for nearly every Chinese if you compare region, Han Chinese as an ethnicity only exists culturally. When I was younger, I felt bad about being Chinese because most of the Taiwanese kids called me a Mongolian or Korean because I didn't look similar to them as much as I did some steppe horsefucker.

Historically, being "Chinese" has never been about blood. It's about your heritage and culture. It's largely incompatible with European-style nationalism, but this is what we ended up with, for better or worse.
>>
>>445106
>aquiline nose
not sure where you got that trait from, but mongols and Manchurians generally have flattish faces so you probably didn't get it from them
>Is there any way I can adopt a Manchu identity?
lol u want to be part of a group of people who thought horses were better than guns?
>>
>>444834
>So called conquest dynasties always had a sizable Han component.
"Han" ruled dynasties had their fair share of violence,rebellions,massacres etc. but for some reason Manchus/Mongols get special attention.
>>
>>445125
Because they're foreign dynasties and gweilos love pointing it out like 'LOL CHINESE FUCKING SHITS REMEMBER WHEN YOU KUCKS GOT CONQUERED BY FOREIGN BARBARIANS AYY LMAO'

Meanwhile Anglos have been conquered by French and Germans since the dawn of time
>>
>>445133
>Because they're foreign dynasties and gweilos love pointing it out like 'LOL CHINESE FUCKING SHITS REMEMBER WHEN YOU KUCKS GOT CONQUERED BY FOREIGN BARBARIANS AYY LMAO'
Funnily enough all those foreign groups ended up becoming Sinicized anyway
>>
>>445117
>Northerners are descended from barbarians,Hakka/Yue/Min is the purest language
I swear this mentality would be like Mexicans mestizos claiming to be the original Spaniards..
>>
>>445117
>Han Chinese as an ethnicity only exists culturally.

Look up fucking Han halotypes you sperglord
>>
>>445148
This sort of mentality is actually pretty common in the South. Too be fair though, basically all major dynasties from the Qin onwards were in the south
>>
>>445148
It's hard to understand how they can believe this, do they not have mirrors? I don't see how they can argue for themselves "100% pure Han!" when Nguyen Tran Van across the border looks like their cousin.
>>
>>445158
>This sort of mentality is actually pretty common in the South.

Only in Guangdong and Fujian

>>445148
I have just the video for you to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENiNRZ7Hldk

Skip to 3:30 for the Chinese part
>>
>>445178
Love the how they roll the r's lol
>>
>>445158
>The old "south" was south of the Huai river,I wonder if people in Jiangsu/Northern Zhejiang have this kind of attitude that regional Han groups further south developed.

>>445178
>The issue isn't that some modern day Sinitic languages retain more elements from Middle Chinese,they don't even want to imagine that their ancestors adopted the language/descended from secondary/tertiary migrants.
>>
>>445208
Thais and some southern Chinese ethnic minorities still kept the rolling 'r' sound.

Han Chinese dropped that pretty quickly.
>>
>>445216
People in Jiangsu definitely consider themselves Southerners, if that's what you're asking. Nanjing is called Nan-jing for a reason.
>>
>>445222
I mean the whole,"we're pure Han and you're a bastardized Mongol".
>>
File: puyi.jpg (47 KB, 328x499) Image search: [Google]
puyi.jpg
47 KB, 328x499
>>444504
>>444509
>>444516
>literally puyi
>>
>>445222
>>445216
northern Jiangsu is considered northern China by many people

t. guy with family ancestry from northern Jiangsu
>>
>>445122
Are you retarded? The further north you get the taller the nose bridge. The further south you go the flatter the nose and larger the nostrils. This is fucking common sense.
>>
>>445233
That could be. My grandfather is also from northern Jiangsu, but his family is from Shandong so I never really understood if Jiangbei people considered themselves northern or southern.

My grandma is from Nanjing and she considered herself a southerner.
>>
>>445122
>lol u want to be part of a group of people who thought horses were better than guns?

This. Manchu fucking shits are retarded inbred cunts and they only conquered China because of Han defectors.
>>
>>444504
>>444509
>>444516
t. puyi
>>
>>445251
Jiangsu is the meeting point between north and south.

Anhui, the neighbouring province however is considered completely north. And also Henan is considered completely north.
>>
>>445233
Northern Jiangsu has always been irrelevant compared to the South, and you know damn well that what I say is true.
>>
File: 0a2b1f95098ec0407af4800f.jpg (206 KB, 642x942) Image search: [Google]
0a2b1f95098ec0407af4800f.jpg
206 KB, 642x942
>>445263
Only true from southern Jiangsu'er's perspective. Overall there are some great people from northern Jiangsu as well. Like Liu Bang founder of the Han dynasty and arguably the man who transformed the Huaxia ethnicity into the Han ethnciity.
>>
>>445272
It's pretty damn irrelevant now. Jiangnan has places like Suzhou or Nanjing, Jiangbei has... well, shit. I don't even know, pham.

If Shanghai was still a part of Jiangsu, it'd definitely be considered part of Jiangnan.
>>
>>445292
>If Shanghai was still a part of Jiangsu, it'd definitely be considered part of Jiangnan.

Shanghai is only good economically, socially and culturally it's shitty. Source, lived in Shanghai.

>It's pretty damn irrelevant now. Jiangnan has places like Suzhou or Nanjing, Jiangbei has... well, shit. I don't even know, pham.

Jiangbei has manly tall men, like Shangdongers. But they are also cultured and crafty like the southerners.

The most alpha males in modern China are all from 'irrelevant' shitholes like Shandong, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Qinghai, Gansu, etc.
>>
>>445272
They formed the bulk of the military elite of the southern dynasties,they had a Chu regional identity/vernacular.
>>
As a white guy do Northerners seem a lot more organized, more productive, more analytic, and have less tolerance for bullshit. And southerners seem and look like dirty monkeys with a disgusting sounding language and eating habits. (Northern food is surprisingly similar to European) My observation is that Northerners are taller and can be as strong as white people, Southerners look bitchier and weaker and stay in their rooms or play video games, yet pretend to act like they have connections to the chinese mafia and have louder mouths and look more punchable.

Though women are a toss up. Too south and you have more monkey look women, but they can have gorgeous women with tight bodies and asses. But, northern girls look more intense jet black long hair, pasty skin, slanty intense eyes, and can have thicker ass and tits while being skinny
>>
>>445298
Liu Yu was the most alpha leader in that period. A shame that it took him so long to assume leadership and his northern campaign plan was never completed.
>>
>>445311
Strange generalizations aside, Northern Chinese have attributes that don't really match the rest of Asia. Check out this article if you're interested:

https://news.virginia.edu/content/rice-theory-explains-north-south-china-cultural-differences-study-shows

>“The idea is that rice provides economic incentives to cooperate, and over many generations, those cultures become more interdependent, whereas societies that do not have to depend on each other as much have the freedom of individualism”
>>
>>445311
All Han Chinese are fine people in my opinion.

Except maybe Taiwanese and Hong Kongese kucks
>>
>>445329
>A strict Northern/Southern dichotomy.
>Sichuan/Guangdong/Hubei/Zhejiang Han having a common identity.
>>
>>445311
>As a white guy do Northerners seem a lot more organized, more productive, more analytic, and have less tolerance for bullshit.
Then why is the North way poorer?
>>
>>445311
>As a white guy
>starts sucking northern cock and talking shit about south

Uh-huh. Ain't fooling nobody. Nice bullshit you got, northern faggot.
>>
pls go cao ahman
stop shitting up the thread just because youre mad at southeners
>>
>>445362
>>445360
>>445311

>all this division and bipartisanism

別來挑撥離間我們漢人,滿洲妖
>>
>>445362
how'd you know? I'm actually part Manchu jealous southern cuck monkey and fucked many white girls and had many white gfs ;)
>>
>>445385
>and fucked many white girls and had many white gfs ;)

Why would an Asian guy get mad at another Asian guy for fucking white girls?
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 194x259
>>445385
>fucked many white girls and had many white gfs
>>
>>445385
Probably American too. To no one else but an American does "white" as an ethnicity mean anything.
>>
>>445411
Why do you faggots keep advertising your gay ass subreddit?
>>
>>445408
TAIWAAN NUMBA WAN
>>
>>445411
Stop shilling for Reddit
>>
>>445416
American protectorate. My bad. Give my regards to Chinese Taipei. :^)
>>
>tfw itt same chinese korean and taiwanese american shitposters shitposting in all asian /int/, /his/, /pol/ threads
>>
>>445441
>posting on either /int/ or /pol/

Retard spotted.
>>
>>445459
>posting on 4chan

Retard spotted.
>>
>>445463
Fair enough. The only comforting thing to take away from this is that there are only 18 of us retards here. Any more than that and /his/ would be awful, full of Chinese diaspora spamming obscure Chinese military leaders.
>>
File: 17181999110402930486.jpg (437 KB, 950x1662) Image search: [Google]
17181999110402930486.jpg
437 KB, 950x1662
>>445469
>Any more than that and /his/ would be awful, full of Chinese diaspora spamming obscure Chinese military leaders.

You mean great. That's the best kind of /his/posting. Eurocentric kucks out.
>>
>>445469
There's only 6 people on all of 4chan anyway.
>>
>>445507
what about me?
>>
>>445518
Just me posting from a phone.
>>
>>445469
>18 of us

Sorry to break it to you, but around 8 of those are me. I'm posting on my phone while watching TV with my Viet girlfriend at her place. I get a new IP every few minutes. There are only like 5 or 6 of us here.
>>
File: 1455400570830633250.jpg (21 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
1455400570830633250.jpg
21 KB, 450x299
>>445544
>with my Viet girlfriend at her place

You expect us to believe that shit?
>>
>>444570
Is the high amount of R1a1 in Kazkhs why their women are so qt.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.