[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /his/ i'm doing a project on ships in the 1700's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: HMS Bounty.png (441 KB, 1316x876) Image search: [Google]
HMS Bounty.png
441 KB, 1316x876
So /his/ i'm doing a project on ships in the 1700's is there any help that you guys that provide?
>>
>>440967
There were some cool ships but most of them sank thanks to pirates and stuff. I once saw a cool Spanish ship not sure what it was called but it looked cool.

Also, Black Flag was a decent game.
>>
File: Warship_diagram_orig.jpg (1 MB, 2860x2664) Image search: [Google]
Warship_diagram_orig.jpg
1 MB, 2860x2664
Get busy.
>>
>>440967
If you want to have some fun, read/write about the gaspee.
>>
>>440967
read moby dick and the master and commander series.
>>
>>441426
>moby dick
A good whale encyclopaedia spoilt by the homosexual romance.
>>
>>441426
>Both ships from wrong century

Can't tell if troll or just anachronistic .
>>
I'm a ship's captain in early 1700's. How do I prevent scurvy among my crew?
>>
>>441529
By giving them gin and tonic or something else with vitamin C in em.

That or wait until the Englishmen discover lime prevents it.
>>
>>440967
Learn about the different potteries available, like the difference between faience and china
>>
File: absolutely haram.jpg (96 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
absolutely haram.jpg
96 KB, 531x471
>>441567
>Gin and tonic without lime juice
>>
>>441567
Pretty sure they discovered that lime prevents it before they started drinking tonic
>>
>>441489
>Master and commander series
>Not partially set in the 18th century

>Ships in the 18th century
>Not being used into the 19th century
>>
>>440976
>Black Flag is a decent game
It really bother me that normies cry out about the lack of pirate games and praise Black Flag to high heavens, and in the meanwhile games like the Sea Dogs series and Sid Meyer's Pirates is completely ignored despite being exactly what they want.
>>
File: Battle of Grengam.jpg (3 MB, 2000x1328) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Grengam.jpg
3 MB, 2000x1328
From what I understand, galleys remained in use throughout the 18th century in the Baltic Sea
>>
Technically 1600s, but read up on the Vasa. It's a Swedish ship that sunk in the harbor and was raised and restored in modern times.
>>
>>442380
that ship is a joke
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.