[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it easy for historical leaders to unite India politically,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: South_Asia_UN.png (2 MB, 2960x3588) Image search: [Google]
South_Asia_UN.png
2 MB, 2960x3588
Why is it easy for historical leaders to unite India politically, but not culturally or ethnically?

Why do Indian regional cultures focus so much on being special snowflakes?
>>
Because Hindus are a bunch of New Age fucks who worship cows and believe insects are sacred.
>>
>>437678
Can I get a non-meme answer
>>
>>437681
I gave you a non-meme answer.

Their stupid and incorrect religion is why.
>>
because they are realistic about multiculturalism and how to get it to work, it's like the arab world where they're all tribal but actually want to co-operate and not balkanize
>>
>>437662

The only guess I could make, is that there are simply too many languages to unify.

Of course I'm not an expert, but looking at nearby Sri-Lanka, where the Singhalese and Tamils are run by the same standard, without sensitivity to the Tamil's, led to a civil war (Tamil Tigers etc.).

India being larger in size, and scale would be horrific. So for the longest time English was the official language (that, and partly as a remnant of the British Raj). There has however been some sort of long term strategy to make Hindi the official un-official language, by slow motion.

Could extend to more than that. But I'm just speculating based on what I've read/heard.
>>
>>437693
>realistic about multiculturalism

Top kek senpai
>>
>>437742
Lee kwan yew did it just fine
>>
>>437748
>70+% ethnic Chinese majority

>everybody speaks English or adopts Anglo mannerism

>multiculture

No.

Lee Kwan Yew even said in the private conversation that Muslims are subhuman garbage that need to be taken out to ensure Singapore's survival.
>>
>>437754

>private conversation

>private

"no source on this guys, it was private."
>>
>>437760
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Kuan_Yew#Islam

Source: motherfucking Wikileaks
>>
Why is it easy for historical leaders to unite Europe politically, but not culturally or ethnically?

Why do European regional cultures focus so much on being special snowflakes?
>>
>>437774
Europeans can poo in the loo
>>
>>437662
because indians are literally retarded. they shit in the streets like animals. why do you expect logic from such savages?
>>
File: 1447446392869.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447446392869.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
>>437766
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Kuan_Yew#Islam

Sounds like he was talking about ethnic Malays being suspicious for maybe not wanting to fight against Malaysia. Which may be a fair point, albeit framed poorly (since the ethnic Malays are also the indigenous Singaporeans, not exclusive to Malaysia).

Also, it seem like he was referring to a specific group when he spoke of Islam. Barring them he said "So their Islam is a perverted version, which the overwhelming majority of Muslims in Singapore do not subscribe to".

This is just from the page you sent me.

Not everything is in ideological absolutes.
>>
>>437754
Yet Singapore is losing a ton of people because it's birth rates are so bad and they need jobs to fill-up so they hire immigrants skilled and unskilled since many are temp or barely have any kids.
>>
>>437662
Caste system
>>
>>437793
>>437793
Because they've been producing works of Logic since the 6th century bc:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_logic
>>
File: Indian Plate.jpg (44 KB, 450x416) Image search: [Google]
Indian Plate.jpg
44 KB, 450x416
>>437662
>Why do Indian regional cultures focus so much on being special snowflakes?

Because India is not China and more like Medieval Europe: an area filled with culturally similar yet disimilar people and their states.

Sure, there were Hindu States that emerged to be powers and made a subcontinent spanning empires but these were short lived and didn't have policies to/failed in policies to unite the shit out of Indians. So other states saw them as merely one state conquering other Hindu states.

Let's even add the fact that Muslims arrived and carved out non-hindu states in the region.

Compounding is the fact that the last three Indian Political Entities (Mughals, Marathas, British Raj) are multiculti as fuck.

tl;dr Indian Regional Cultures are strong because they used to be their own countries/civilizations.
>>
>>437988
>Because India is not China and more like Medieval Europe: an area filled with culturally similar yet disimilar people and their states.

This, kinda... I would argue China is no less like Europe than India. China is not a homogeneous state, Han are really a term used for all the ethnic groups that were sinified since the Han Dynasty. They are no different from Europeans when it comes to being similar, yet having different customs. However, the reason they were successful was because Chinese dynasties held hegemony for roughly 1000+ years, and foreign dynasties sinified themselves. While the Indian Empires didn't last long, and no one really tried to become the successor state either like in China's case.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.