[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The 1,500-year-old slab of marble with Hebrew inscriptions u
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: slab.jpg (30 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
slab.jpg
30 KB, 380x285
The 1,500-year-old slab of marble with Hebrew inscriptions unearthed by University of Haifa researchers in Kursi on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. The discovery is the first piece of evidence confirming the existence of a Jewish or early Christian community in Kursi, mentioned in the New Testament as the place where Jesus performed the Miracle of the Swine.
In the Holy Bible, Jesus Christ was described to have confronted Satan directly in the land of the Gadarenes or Gerasenes where the Miracle of Swine took place. This dramatic confrontation when Jesus cast out demons was recounted by no less than three apostles—Matthew, Mark and Luke with varying nuances.

Archaeologists from Israel now believe they have found evidence of the biblical event in Kursi, the historically Gentile district of the Decapolis on the eastern shores of the Sea of Galilee, Breitbart reported.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/site.where.jesus.christ.drove.demons.into.the.sea.uncovered.confirming.biblical.event/74039.htm
>>
>>436679
>www.christiantoday.com
Hiding thread. Bye now.
>>
File: cant delouse the Krauss.png (250 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
cant delouse the Krauss.png
250 KB, 850x400
>christiantoday.com
>Breitbart reported
>>
>>436679
>1,500-year-old slab
>first piece of evidence confirming the existence of a Jewish or early Christian community in Kursi
Uh, the Christian monastery built on the alleged site of the miracle was destroyed by Persians 1400 years ago, and was of course significantly older.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kursi,_Golan_Heights#History

Of course it proves absolutely nothing other than the existence of Judeo-Christian temples in 500 AD, which has never been a controversial claim.
>>
>>436679
>1,500-year-old
That's 500AD you moron
>>
>more archeological evidence supporting the Bible comes out

>atheists remain in denial
>>
>>436820
We already knew there were Christians in 500 AD though
>>
>>436679
> was recounted by no less than three apostles
>implying the apostles wrote the gospels
>>
>>436820
>this slab of marble that was made 467 years after christ died proves he made miracles

yeah what ever you say

also not atheist but seriously alot of the shit in the bible are just stupid stories not to mention the fact it is filled with contradictions
>>
>>436820
It supports that Christians existed in a certain area in the year 500 AD

This has nothing to do with the bible.
>>
>>436815
so?
>>
>>436860

>not to mention the fact it is filled with contradictions

That's kinda the point of the bible, though.
>>
>>438167
BUT BUT MUH JESUS
>>
>>436679

Honestly, what I find interesting, despite the blather in the OP, is that apparently, by 500 AD, you still had Christian communities writing in Hebrew. I had thought most, if not all, had shed such ties long before that.
>>
>>436679
Pretty sweet man. Even if it was 1500years ago you never know if oral tradition was eventually recorded. Whoever wrote it must have had some revelation of some kind
>>
>>438169

So it's not disputed that there have been Christian communities in 500. England was Christian in the 500s.

I am a devout Christian myself but though this is a very interesting archaeological find and it is relevant to history, Christianity, and many things; it certainly doesn't 'prove' anything about the miracles that took place there.
>>
File: 9_kek.png (443 KB, 655x653) Image search: [Google]
9_kek.png
443 KB, 655x653
>Evidence of a community
>THE MIRACLES ARE REAL
>christiantoday.com
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.