[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Nok Culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Nok Culture.jpg (79 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Nok Culture.jpg
79 KB, 480x640
This is a statue from the Nok Culture. Existing between 1000 bce and 300 ce, the Nok Culture emerged in what is now Nigeria and is notable for independently developing iron working.
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/iron/hd_iron.htm
>>
The Noks were Caucasian
>>
File: ancientpersianart.png (691 KB, 486x480) Image search: [Google]
ancientpersianart.png
691 KB, 486x480
>>433950
Yeah, just like how the people of Iran were blonde haired blue eyed germans or some other ass backwards nonsense.

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.
>>
Looks Yoruba, not Nok.

Nok art was far simpler in terms of its realism.
>>
>>433950
>le every civilisation was white maymay
literally we wuz kings-tier
>>
>>433954
>>433966
failing for obvious bait

/lit/ is so schizophrenic its not funny
>>
>ce
>bce
Bait thread?
>>
>>433949
>they developed iron working independently a few 100 years after their neighbors, about the same time it took to spread to China and other places
it is true africa had kingdoms and /pol/ is BTFO, but that's not true
>>
>>433999
code word for "I am an SJW" or "I am a cĂșck"

a certain group of people keep renaming things and calling anyone who doesn't do the same a racist
>>
>>433950
Nice meme
>>
>>433949
At least post actual Nok statues, that statue is of Mari Djata II of the Empire of Mali.
>>
>>436374
The fuck is going on there?

Are the man and the horse related?
>>
>>434042
More like code word for "I am a Jew"

History of the use of the CE/BCE abbreviation[edit]
Although Jews have their own Hebrew calendar, they often use the Gregorian calendar.[49]
As early as 1825, the abbreviation VE (for Vulgar Era) was in use among Jews to denote years in the Western calendar.[50]
Common Era notation has also been in use for Hebrew lessons for "more than a century".[51] Some Jewish academics were already using the CE and BCE abbreviations by the mid-19th century, such as in 1856, when Rabbi and historian Morris Jacob Raphall used the abbreviation in his book Post-Biblical History of The Jews.[52][g]
The ratio of usage of BCE to BC,[54] CE to AD,[55] Common Era to Anno Domini,[56] and Before Common Era to Before Christ[57] in books has changed dramatically between the years 1800 and 2008, particularly since 1980, with the CE-related variants increasing in usage.
>>
>>433949
Highly disputed by the wider academic community.
>>
>>436482

wat

Links.
>>
>>436504
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_metallurgy_in_Africa#Archaeological_evidence_for_the_origins_and_spread_of_iron_production_in_Africa

More than likely just more OoA bullshit.
>>
>>436523

>OoA is bullshit

Where did humans come from, then?

Then you believe that iron-working was introduced to Africa, like it was to Europe?
>>
File: dips banana.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
dips banana.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>bce
>ce
>>
>>436523
>OoA bullshit

You know, as opposed to Homo sapiens falling out of the sky.

Idiot.
>>
>>433950
No the Nog civilization was not cuck-asian.
>>
Immediately thought of this
>>
>>437854
>Cuck-asian

kek
>>
>>433950
Is this the reverse of WE WUZ, but for white nationalists/trolls?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.