[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about constitutional monarchies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: dansk.png (12 KB, 2000x1514) Image search: [Google]
dansk.png
12 KB, 2000x1514
i.e. glorious Denmark
>>
>>433441

Ridiculous. The monarch doesnt even give orders anymore, whats the point?
>>
File: 1421307846634.jpg (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1421307846634.jpg
8 KB, 205x246
>>433441
Jealousy desu
>we will never have a King George

>inb4 thats unamerican and other plebeian hick opinions
>>
>>433504
If the populace is favorable to it, why not? If there is enough dislike of a monarch the people will (depending on the affluence and level of development of the nation) either protest enough for a referendum or overthrow it in favor of some junta or some shit.
>>
File: 1400704712811.gif (2 MB, 239x175) Image search: [Google]
1400704712811.gif
2 MB, 239x175
Supreme
>>
A pointless waste of money and a relic of an immoral and archaic system that only serves to justify the ridiculous inequality still found in European countries, despite our widely held values to be the anti-thesis of monarchy.

>inb4 they make us more money than they take

If the UK confiscated the queens estates they would still recieve as much tourism as ever AND the country would be billions richer over night.
>>
>>433441
Awesome, especially if your government follows the british parlimentary system. Because using a "President" to fill up the slot normally meant for a King is just sad.
>>
>>433545
70% of the population want to keep them so stay mad republicunt

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/09/08/monarchy-here-stay/
>>
>>433441
Not half as good as absolute monarchies
>>
>>433611
>70% of the UK aren't politically literate and are easily led by government PR campaigns.

Before the 2011 riots no one gave a shit, and ever since then the royals have been doing one major pr campaign.
Every summer major nationalist adverts and events, and all of them very closely tied to the royals.

They were popular when Diana was around, then stopped being, and now are again.
This is not a permanent state of affairs what so ever.
>>
>>433611
>worshipping the german version of Kardashians.
stay pleb UK
>>
>>433504
Because its better than having an expensive and useless president as state of head or an overpowered unicameral parliament. Theres no current system that works better than a constitutional monarchy + an upper parliament and a lower parliament and I dont think you can refute that.
>>
>>433687
>Theres no current system that works better than a constitutional monarchy + an upper parliament and a lower parliament and I dont think you can refute that.
>Le One Government Fits All logic.
Threw up to be honest.
>>
>>433691
In advanced democracies of course
>>
>>433651

>if they don't agree with me they're just illiterate plebs who don't understand my genius
>>
>>433441
Am I the only one who knows that the crown lands bring in much more money for the UK than they cost?
>>
>>433721
>implying that isn't the case here

You don't have to be a genius, you just actually have to have studied politics to some degree.
Most people don't even know what the ideological distinction between conservatives and labour is.
>>
No current monarchs have power of any description, they're just for show. I guess there's not much point in keeping them around, but at least for the king of Norway, I don't think he drains much money at all.
>>
If the United Kingdom became a republic what would it change it's name to?

The Commonwealth?
>>
>>433801
The United republic of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
>>
>>433687
Why would you ever want a two chamber system is beyond me. Our politicians barely get anything solved with just one chamber, i can't imagine the pain of trying to get to work with two chambers.
>>
>>433807
Because the house of lords doesnt work like a normal house, which is why the system works so well
>>
>>433801
Great Britain
>>
File: 1445266536920.jpg (62 KB, 592x580) Image search: [Google]
1445266536920.jpg
62 KB, 592x580
>>433441
>castrated monarchies
>monarchies
>>
>>433441
I prefer elected head of states so that way if an absolute cunt gets elected you don't have to wait half a lifetime for them to die and leave office.
>>
>>433801
Britannistan most likely, tbqh senpai.
>>
>>433789
>No current monarchs have power of any description

You eurocentric filth!!
>>
>>433807
>chamber of old and sometimes wise individuals with vested interests in the country get to manipulate the actual democracy usually with good intentions

it works
>>
Separation between head of state and head of government is important. A parliamentary system is clearly superior, too.
This can be accomplished without a monarchy, though, as done by Germany.
>>
Better than the non-monarchies
I wish I were born in a monarchy
Germany is the country with the least tradition in Europe, it fucking sucks
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.