[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think about Jung?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 498x269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 498x269
What does /his/ think about Jung?
>>
I think he's a pretty cool guy. eh interprets dreams and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>427662
Indispensable to understanding modern psychology.
>>
I've read pic related. I was introduced to Jung through Joseph Campbell like most I'd assume. I found his theories of the collective unconscious very fascinating and his interpretations of dream and alchemical symbolism has been a godsend in understanding my own dreams
>>
>>427675

forgot pic related
>>
Do people here seriously think dreams symbolize anything? Sure, they can relate to things on or in your mind and have common themes, but I'm skeptical of the idea that there is a symbolic language of dreams. What does modern psychology say about this?
>>
>>427662
Basically, psychology is applied black magic. He is someone that overtly makes the connection between alchemical symbology/practices/theories, Gnostic esotericism, and the scientific method in a way that ceremonial black magic of various occultic sects (of course owing their lineage to the Gnostics, Hermetics, and the Kabbalists) can and is being used to solve the problems of the mind.

Basically, psychology is the Devil.
>>
>>427697
>Do people here seriously think dreams symbolize anything?

If you want my opinion, dreams are how the body and the unconscious mind speak to the conscious mind. I find that when I'm sick my dreams have a different flavor about them then say when I'm in tiptop shape or I have a life event coming up and I have feelings of anxiety I've concealed from myself. It's been shown that changes in gut bacteria can have effects on your dreams. No one precisely knows the origin of dreams, we can observe when someone is dreaming with f-MRI's and such, but the idea that dreams at least occasionally contain images which refer to how the body feels is not far fetched at all.
>>
>>427725
>the idea that dreams at least occasionally contain images which refer to how the body feels is not far fetched at all

Sure, but I doubt there is any hard symbolism or "language" of dreams.
>>
>>427732

All I can do is refer to Jung's years of stringent analysis of his patient's, colleagues, and himself. He found patterns and symbols in dreams that match those he found in esoteric works and so he made the correlation. He discovered that if you could 'read' these symbols then the dreams themselves could tell you what the origin of the psychological stress was in a patient. Some of the groundwork for how to proceed after you have found the origin of the problem was already laid out in these old modes of thought such as alchemy, if they were understood completely metaphorically and psychologically. Magical thinking may not be helpful in everyday life but it is the very essence of dream consciousness and it does have its value in maintaining mental and physical stability.
>>
>>427662
He's good at explaining his ideas. He's a good writer.
>>
>>427766
Interesting, I'll probably read him at some point.
>>
>>427723
so, to make things clear, do you mean that they use this knowledge to manipulate the mind and fix the problems THEY think is wrong with it? something used for purposes of "evil", or rather ignorance..
>>
>>427782
Interpret how I said how you wish. As soon as I start making moral judgement based on an absolute standard of morality, people jump on me. I would go a step further than you and say that Jung, Blavatsky, Cayce and the like were conscious players in a spiritual struggle that now exists between good and evil in this world and were probably in communion with demons.
>>
>>427795

I'm honestly not sure if you're serious anon. How can you see things so black and white, and even though you do how can you be so sure you know who's on what side? You can't ignore the dark inside you forever, I mean I'm sure you can but you'll be a small broken individual. It must be faced, why not have a method?
>>
>>427795
i agree with you on the absolute, undeniable morals and eithics set forth by deity and enacted by nature. Although i may not be familiar with the people that you have named, I can recongnize the spiritual struggle and how the ancient prophets and wisemen such as zolliaster, jesus and the buddha were manifestations of this good, or rather enlightenment, which in it comes all good things. i have heard manly p hall talk about demons, for he is into esoteric occult matters, but I am not knowledgeable in this as of now. i can relate to you how people jump on you about morality and ethics, because it is honest work to try to forsake ignorance and recongnize the laws of karma and how ignorance and selfishness are the simple root cause of misery and suffering. however, it is still something i have to grow in, the path is never complete
>>
>>427766
>>427795
Poe's law
>>
Another intellectual lightweight who plagiarized his best ideas from Schopenhauer, just like Sigmund Freud
>>
>>427804
I can be sure that things are black and white because it has been revealed to me through the power of the Holy Spirit.
The cure of your sin is not in accepting it, but letting He who has the power to defeat it take it from you and cast it into Hell.
>>
>>427858

What did he steal from shoppy?
>>
File: 1435725352568.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1435725352568.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>427864
>>
>>427835
I would be careful if I were you delving into such matters, as I am careful. Pray for spiritual guidance from the Holy Spirit, part of the Triune Godhead along with Jesus the Christ and the Father.

There are those who try to equate what Jesus did to the work of Zoroaster, Buddha, Muhammad, Bahaullah, Joseph Smith, L. Ron Hubbard, and whatever other spiritual leaders. It is part of the New Age narrative of many "new world religions" to follow in the cusp of the old occult teachings of the Gnostics, Hermetics, Kabbalists, and Rosicrucians to detract from the identity and divinity of Jesus Christ by making him out to be just another spiritual leader. He was not just another moral teacher, but He is the Son of the Living God, part of the Godhead, and He died so Sin could die, and lives so we can live.

Don't buy into the demonic story of Jesus being just another spiritual teacher.
>>
>>427864
>>>/x/
>>
File: 1430287893663.jpg (198 KB, 487x740) Image search: [Google]
1430287893663.jpg
198 KB, 487x740
>>427896
>>>/x/

>Rosicrucians
lmao
>>
File: jung.png (111 KB, 619x682) Image search: [Google]
jung.png
111 KB, 619x682
>>427889
>>
>>427896
i am displeased to hear this from you, my friend. however it is not right of you to catagorize zoroaster and buddha with the people such as joseph smith and l. ron hubbard. keep in mind that occult simply means hidden in latin, i am sure you are aware of this however. i take the great parables and the wisdom of jesus and accept it for what it is, the spirit of enlightenment embodying itself in human form, something that we should all strive to obtain. i will part with this, in your personal quest of knowledge and wisdom, remember always how history repeats itself, learn from the mistakes of our elders, and keep in mind that you were here before, this is not the first time. thank you for the insight.
>>
>>427909

Oh, so he was INSPIRED by Schopenhauer

And here i thought you weren't a complete retard.
>>
>>427914
This is the lie of Satan at the very beginning of mankind. His lie came in the form of three promises. One, that you will not die. Two, that your eyes will be open to hidden knowledge. Three, that you will be as a god.

The truth is that you cannot ascend to godhood. Jesus Christ, being God in the flesh, was God from the beginning of time. He did not ascend to godhood, as He was always God.

The lure of occult practices and belief systems, as well as new age philosophies like what you espouse, is the three-pronged promise of Satan. Immortality, enlightenment, and ascension. Neither of these things are attainable. It is a farce, a lie meant to ensnare you and reject God. Please, anon, break from this path and learn to trust Jesus at His Word.
>>
>>427955
my friend, has it not dawned upon you that the very occult things of which you speak is prevelant in your holy book? is this not a sign of the great insight of your prophet? the followers of jesus asked him what to do when he dies, he says unto them to follow a man carrying a pitcher of water into the village and enter his house. jesus also says that he will be with us to the end of the age. jesus has alot to do with the zodiac sign of Pisces, which is apparent by the stories of him dealing with two fish. the man with the pitches of water deals into the new agge in 2150 a.d., which will be the age of aquarius. moses the lawgiver represent the age of the ram, before that of jesus, and this is represent by judaism with the ram's horn. and moses comanded all to be slaughted for worshiping the golden calf, which is torus, the one before moses. can you not see, brother, that is a progression of things? that not only do we evolve physically and mentally, but also spiritually into the quest of understanding. you speak of knowing of occult matters, however your views are skrewed by something that was not to be taken literally. do not feel sorry for me, my friend, i will take the lone path as of the buddha and find these things myself
>>
>>427921

>borrowing key ideas and representing them as his own
>inspired by

yeah mate just like you were 'inspired by' Tyrone busting a nut inside your mother
>>
>>427909
Reverting back to Kant after Schopenhauer would be retrograde, considering that Schopenhauer considered himself post-kanitan
>>
File: 1405102616147.gif (682 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1405102616147.gif
682 KB, 245x245
>>427993

Everyone stands on the shoulders of giants you huge faggot.

Shoppy didn't pop into existence with all his ideas preformed. Should we call him a lightweight because he took ideas from Buddha?
>>
>>427986
I will pray for you, friend. I pray that on your journey you find what is true and discern from what is and what is not.

Just as you say humanity progresses, I see the belief system that you subscribe to as having progressed as well. From the old pagan religious traditions, on down the line into occultic traditions and ritual magic, into early esoteric pseudoscience like alchemy, and on up into what we have today in psychology. It did not exist before the monotheistic tradition of the true faith, but always alongside. I know your particular philosophy tries to skew history and show that the true faith is part of the progression, albeit an archaic one, but that is a misrepresentation. The God of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, David, and Solomon is the same God that I worship today. God has been worshiped unchangingly and unceasingly since the garden of Eden, as has Satan's smoke and mirrors.

I will pray for you, though.
>>
>>428033
and likewise how you pray for me, i shall keep you in my thoughts and only hope for your betterment in all things. it was interesting talking to you, i am aprreciative of this
>>
>>427723
>>427795
>>427864
>>427914
>>427955
>>428033

5/10 for effort
>>
>>428012

He didn't take anything from Buddha. He developed his own personal philosophy and then was astonished to discover how much it accorded with the basic tenants of both Buddhism and the Upanishads which he encountered later in life. Literature on Eastern philosophy was not widely available in Europe in his time.
>>
>>427664
well meme'd
>>
>Had a dream
>Sky opens up
>Giant turd
>Falls on top of a church

I like him.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.