[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people blame him for the spread of HIV/AIDS in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: Ronnie.jpg (61 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
Ronnie.jpg
61 KB, 550x350
Why do so many people blame him for the spread of HIV/AIDS in the United States?
>>
>>426248
He knew about it but pretended that he didn't. He intentionally made it difficult to test and study the virus because at the time the vast majority of victims were gays, and he was a raging homophobe.
>>
>>426255
prove it, pinko.
>>
>>426248

Because everyone needs to have someone to blame. There must be someone behind all the injustices of the world. Accountability doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>426248
Because "le all Republicans hate Gays and Blacks".

There wasn't much he could have done to stop it in hindsight. The drugs that treat HIV hadn't been developed yet, and quarenteening people who do have the diesease without hard evidence is a good way to fuck up your image.
>>
Because he refused to shut down all the gay bathhouses where the virus was spread

Wait, that's not something he has the power to do
>>
>>426268
Then why didnt he get HIV?
Checkmate
>>
File: 1360593386222.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1360593386222.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>It's Reagan's fault we buttfucked diseases into each other
>It's Reagan's fault we got high off our asses on crack and spread it everywhere

Scapegoats are very convenient OP
>>
Because it can't be gays' fault!
>>
>>426300
But he did. How do you think he died?
>>
>>426317
Is there anything Ronnie could have done?
>>
>>426248
Same reason Thabo Mbeki and the Catholic Church contributed to the problem.
>>
>>426255
>homophobe
literally no one is afraid of gays
>>
>>426255
I despise Reagan but wen I think this is bullshit. He didn't want to admit AIDS in public because it was politically-charged since the disease was largely on the LGBT community. 80's USA wasn't exactly friendly to homos and trannies.
>>
>>426288
/thread

All the complaints boil down to "hurr, he didn't raise awareness of it" but at the end of the day it only affected a fraction of the wider population (being colloquially called the "4H" disease because it disproportionately affected homosexuals, heroin addicts, hemophiliacs and Haitian immigrants)
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 620x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 620x408
Awareness and they think he didn't provide enough AIDS research funding.
But few people know that the Great Ronaldus Maximus can snipe HIV viruses while circling above at 30,000 ft from Air Force One
>>
>>426637
>But few people know that the Great Ronaldus Maximus can snipe HIV viruses while circling above at 30,000 ft from Air Force One
Sure he wasn't just sniping gays?
>>
>>426881
>Sure he wasn't just sniping gays?
Preemptive strike Anon.
>>
>>426248
He's still shit, it doesn't matter
>>
>>426602
You have no idea what the 90's and earlier were like apparently.
>>
>>426248
AIDS-infected blankets given to the gays under the guise of a peace offering.
>>
he never cared about anybody. I heard there would be food warnings during his presidency and he'd get most of his foods from selected places. On top of all that he believed society had to experience tough times in order to get us closer and end some sociological problems.
>>
Well I don't think he was directly to blame for the spread obviously but he fucked most of the population of this country right in the ass with his AIDS-tier policies so to speak, so I guess I can see why people might think to blame him.
>>
>>427564
>AIDS-infected blankets given to the gays under the guise of a peace offering.

So gays are like Indians? Well, they do rub two sticks together to get a fire, don't they?
>>
As a gay man I'd say we only have ourselves to blame for the AIDS spread. Everyone who died of AIDS was probably a raging manwhore and deserved it for being a retard.
>>
>the president has the power to stop people from fucking
>>
File: 1450050998290.gif (495 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
1450050998290.gif
495 KB, 500x253
>>427943
>>
>>426248
If someone blames him for the disease spreading then they're an idiot.

But he should be blamed for being tight lipped about the issue, because it was serious and the country was turning to bedlam because people didn't really understand the whole virus.

It doesn't matter, Reagan was a shit who ruined Conservatism in America forever.
>>
If I lived in the late 70s / early 80s US I would quite literally think the world is ending.

>economy in the shitter
>violent crimes reaching historical levels
>degeneracy everywhere
>drug epidemic
>AIDS epidemic
>US and Soviet politicians renewing hostility

It's weird how people look at modern times and say how shitty we have it but that age was much shittier by pretty much every standard.
>>
>>428054
There was a lot of corruption potential in new york, and in the 90s you could fund mercenary armies in the middle east or africa and nobody would give a fuck. All times had their advantages.
>>
>>427950
>HIV was because of the gays.

Hell no that shit was bigger then just you fags.
>>
>>426248
>Why do so many people blame him for the spread of HIV/AIDS in the United States?

I have never EVER heard ANYBODY blame Reagan for the spread of AIDS.

This must be some new "progressive" faggot re-write of history or some shit.
>>
>>428171
What are some advantages of this decade, from a historical point of view?
>>
>>426248
Because, RR was the monkey that had the virus and escaped the lab to spread it on to the world.
>>
>>426621
doctors also called it grid
>gay related immuno deficiency
>>
>>428242
25 year rule.

Some advantages of the 80s from a historical point of view include 35 year archive releases and soon 40 year releases.
>>
>>426602
>they're tearing the moral fabric of society apart!
>not fear
>>
>>427950
>As a gay man

Fuck off, /pol/
>>
Its just slander, he is unquestionably one of the best presidents the USA has ever had
>>
because he was so gay his gay aura spreaded HIV-infected gay spores everywhere he took his gay ass
>>
>>426248
Because he overlooked it and intentionally hid it. This is objective.

I have no idea if him not doing this would help it really.
>>
File: 1429092249688.jpg (25 KB, 458x418) Image search: [Google]
1429092249688.jpg
25 KB, 458x418
>>429685
>pointing out the destruction of values and willing spread of HIV and other STDs is fear
>>
>>429707
Yeah, I agree.

I'm a heterophobe also.
>>
File: disgust.png (155 KB, 394x464) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
155 KB, 394x464
>>426248
Because Faggots wanted to blame someone else and the Democrats blame Reagan for everything
In 1981 the total number of AIDs patients on earth was under 500 and the scientists had identified most of them. They tried to tell them >"Don't have sex - you are spreading a lethal disease with no cure"
They had sex anyway. Lots of it.
GAy activists screaming at the CDC that unless they spent millions and dropped all other research to stop AIDS were "murdering them" went ahead and had frequent unprotected sex with others knowing, *knowing*, they were condemning them to death.
Knowing that the bathhouses were spreading the disease to 40 or 50 men a day the gays demanded that they stay open and when they were finally ordered closed they ignored this order even though they knew it meant the death of thousands.
Knowing they had AIDs, faggots donated blood.
This was all about the self-destructiveness and selfishness of faggots.
Imagine if the CDC had used quarantine laws in 1981-82 and slapped everyone with AIDs into a hospital and prevented them from having sex. There might have been 600-1,000 deaths max, ever, and it would have been wiped out.
But rather than admit that, they blamed Reagan for not spending billions to stop a disease they could stop, themselves, by just not fucking people.
>>
>>428054
Me, too.
I remember needing bars in the windows in the suburbs because of all the violent crime.
It was a dark time
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.