[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw people still worship this sack of shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: thomas-edison.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
thomas-edison.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>mfw people still worship this sack of shit
>>
great man. probably the humblest and most noble of all the business tycoons.
>>
The financiers of invention deserve credit too.
>>
>>425323
I actually think Edison is underrated in most circumstances. He's responsible for driving a lot of the experimentation that happened in Menlo Park. The pioneering of the organized research lab, arguably the sole catalyst for the huge leap in technology of the 20th century, allowed people like Tesla who would otherwise go unnoticed to thrive in an organized enviornment.

He made science profitable. Inventions that were used as parlor tricks in the past became the backbone of the modern day economy.

The people who demonize Edison often underestimate the impact, as well as the innovation, of his achievements. Was he wrong about AC? Absolutely. But his accomplishments extend beyond that.
>>
>>425501
He wasn't worthless but he sure as hell isn't underrated. A lot of Americans think he invented literally everything. He's become a sort of folk hero.

You are giving him too much credit.
>>
>>425510
>A lot of Americans think he invented literally everything.
I'm pretty sure the only thing most Americans could attribute to Edison was the light bulb, if that. Most light think he invented the steam engine or something the other.
>You're giving him too much credit.
Perhaps, but at the very least he was influential in inspiring many prominent industrialists, including Henry Ford.

He even had an assistant from Japan who'd later go on to become the founder of a prominent Japanese Corp.
>>
>>425323
>DAE TESLA IS THE GR8EST EDISON IS THE DEVIL?

So fucking tired of this meme, so much so that I will go as far as to shit on Tesla and praise Edison when it's brought up. The "good guy" here was a celibate loon who supported eugenics, didn't believe in electrons, and left us with next to nothing useful that he could call his own (the credit for AC belongs to Westinghouse). But Edison is the bad guy, because instead of tinkering with useless bullshit in a cave by himself, he utilized the talent around him to create (or facilitate) inventions that we still use every day. Maybe he was a greedy man, but it's thanks to Edison the Businessman that the works of Edison the Inventor caught on so quickly.
>>
>>425543
>Perhaps, but at the very least he was influential in inspiring many prominent industrialists, including Henry Ford.
I agree. He played a part in trends that led to modern industry.
>>
edisons statement from his grave..."and this is why kiddos we must respect the battery of life instead of consuming the fuel that protects the earths movements, for so god measured the world and proclaimed that whomever exploits this safety mechanism from its depth will one day see the skies fall. For life on earth to end more abruptly and without agony."
>>
>>425547
Tesla is the man. I had an acquaintance once that would take inject bio-elements. Whatever the name is he used to make the concoction at home...and hed fire up his tesla coils and stay there for a while. He said there is not better way to start off his mornings.
>>
>>425459
No no. Thats not how the story goes. The story revolves around an illegal fiancial and systematic hijack. It involves rockefeller and his jp morgan buddies and another crew let me call them the disciples. They basically got their pull with their political relatives. And they demanded that the us would become A third world country if they did not obey them. Rockefeller as a politician was overseer of a us group called us standard oil. demanded the governement that it was in their best benefit to give him the process patent and he'd begin scouting for oil. Under standard oil. Beginning the lucrative business of oil as it now is. The same racketeers and business terrorists would go to other tycoons and professionals. And use their politicians to demand that these businesses are not lucrative enough for the united states and would make more money for the banking system if they were to be used as a form of leverage in the international setting. Put it this way there are companies around the world that have a much more different history. Its called exploited disinformation.
>>
>>425726
Something went down in enron knows what they did for safety measurements. True stories were vanished on 911 in wtc and pentagon.
>>
>>425726
>third world country
>before the Cold War
>>
they worship Jobs too

the charismatic Chad always wins off the backs of the noble autist
>>
>>425735
It was the silenced "holding" group of several patents...that would be traced back to a theft in 911. Stageway cleansing. Then they moved it to haliburton. With a brand new history.
>>
Literally no savvy person in the 21st century worships Edison. It's both a Reddit and a Cracked meme to hate Edison. It's all muh Tesla these days.
>>
Certainly better than that Serbian dumbfuck.
>>
>>425814
Then when the housing bubble came all those guys committed suicide because what they were trading was a fiction, fictive story. That makes any fiat system as bonefide as a lapdog.
>>
>>425821
People who don't use the internet still have never heard of Tesla. Once that's no longer the case the inflated opinions of Tesla will subside. His current status was simply a reaction to his lack of notoriety despite his achievements. It will all level out eventually.
>>
>>425841
>People who don't use the internet
Such people don't exist.
>>
>>425826
Many of those corporations were clearing houses for an agenda. Set up by the same group of people they were instilled to admire because they paid the publishing houses....the higher ups in these companies never got caught. For they were all separate entities operating within a corporate entity so the law didnt tackle them as much as they would the smaller person. Just so you know. Edison was the man.
>>
>>425847
People who don't use Sub-Saharan basket trading boards or cat fetish websites.
>>
>>425459
Let me ask you this...did the new owners of the wtc before the hijacking file for insurance...due to asbestos? What were nycs asbestos laws? What lawsuits are concealed?
>>
>>425882
Btw these selected few financiers how many weapon caches do they have at their disposal?
>>
>>425877
The Facebook generation is all shitting on Edison like the good goyim they are.
>>
>>425847
My dad didn't know who Tesla was until I informed him one year ago. I know other people who are similarly tech inept or simply use the internet for emails and farmville.
>>
>Maybe Thomas Edison was so great because he didn't spend all day talking about Thomas Edison
>That's not true, he was a shameless self promoter!
>>
>>425894
So during the red scare. Some feds threatened disney group and even jfk. Saying their friendliness was no good with the russians. In order for them to be given leeway...they constructed a city...with an underground military bases..that leads to club 33. Now do you see the light...edison was the one with cleanest ethic. If they want to slander his name it is for a reason.
>>
>>425547
>meme

stopped reading there.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.