[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happens after death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: ciekawski kot.png (4 KB, 173x201) Image search: [Google]
ciekawski kot.png
4 KB, 173x201
what happens after death
>>
>>420482
How is this a theological question instead of >>>/adv/ level shitposting?
>>
>>420482
You get reborn in your favorite video game world
>>
Decay of the organic matter and Rigor Mortis.
>>
purgatory
>>
>>420491
That's just Alighieri's fanon.
>>
File: witnessed.jpg (76 KB, 500x317) Image search: [Google]
witnessed.jpg
76 KB, 500x317
>>420487

WITNESSED!
>>
>>420482
You start your life over again and experience every situation the same and make every right and wrong decision you've ever made. You spend your life thinking about where you could have done things differently but when it starts over you'll do it all again the exact same way. The same conversations. The same missed opportunities. The same successes and failures. The same heartache. The same death.
>>
File: 1443484960035.jpg (29 KB, 364x394) Image search: [Google]
1443484960035.jpg
29 KB, 364x394
>>420555
>>
You start over and spend your next life thinking about what happens after death because you don't remember.
>>
File: 1404368824442.jpg (802 KB, 1400x1278) Image search: [Google]
1404368824442.jpg
802 KB, 1400x1278
>>420482
I've dreamed that I was executed on some football stadium by bunch of black kids, like some kind of African civil war or something, with bunch of people lined up in front of armed kids
some kid shot me, and I feel thinking is this it?I'm not ready yet, I felt some kind of dread I didn't felt since I attempted suicide
then the kid who shot me made few steps towards me and shot me one more time, it felt like my head was made out windshield glass and it shattered in that moment, everything went black
I woke up very depressed and confused
I guess it's only eternal dark after death
>>
Your soul goes to the hub and you get to pick your next life
>>
>>420482
The simulation ends, and you wake up as your alien self. Then you proceed to shitpost on the alienet how "Humans: The Experience of Earth" was such a shitty game.
>>
>>420482
Either
A) your sapient self is destroyed for eternity (makes our minds balk at the concept, but you won't care much when it happens desu)
B) You do it all over again as
Ba) yourself
Bb) someone else
(probably the most attractive option to me desu)
C) eternal bliss/pain
This one seems somewhat pointless to me honestly
>>
>>420605
D) you take off your super future VR goggles, remember who/what you really are and check your score
(I swear I'd thought of this before that Rick and Morty episode)
>>
>>420482
Embalming. Decomposition. Groundwater contamination.
>>
>>420610
What about the Despair Squid episode of Red Dwarf?
>>
>>420610
>This guy's taking Roy off the grid!
>>
>>420482
>what happens after death
for who?

>people not dead
Society moves on. There are thousands of people dying every day.

>people that die
Once they die, once they lose consciousness, thats the end of the road for them. Sleep has been used as a metaphor for death before. Its similar in that once you lose consciousness to sleep, you're effectively dead. The dreams happen due to the unconscious brain reorganizing the neurons. Real death won't have dreams because the brain won't be moving at all. The circulation will be cut and the drama and the possibilities end there.

Now its possible that if there is a soul residing in the body which controls the body, then in principle if the soul leaves the body it could be free, or if it enters another body, it could control that body. HOWEVER, those principle rely on the existence of such soul. This is not a proven thing and such grand speculation are purely speculation based on speculation that's based on ancient wisdom (we have souls given by gods) have not proven themselves.
>>
Unknowable
>>
>>420665
If the answer isn't spiritual annihilation or amnesiac reincarnation, then those who are dead would know.
>>
Gensokyo
>>
2D heaven
>>
Oneness with the universe. Your molecules will rejoin with that of the Earth desu senpai.
>>
>>421065
This desu senpai
>>
>>420482
What happened before you were born?
>>
False premise. This question presupposes that something happens. Even responding with "nothing" does not break this supposition.
>>
>>420482
I dig out your body and proceed to have sex with it.
>>
File: 1449478238047.png (3 MB, 1134x1577) Image search: [Google]
1449478238047.png
3 MB, 1134x1577
>>421057
This.
>>
>>420482
You die again, heathen
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.