[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The actual is rational, and the rational is the actual >The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
>The actual is rational, and the rational is the actual
>The Whole alone is the True, and the True is the the Whole

What did he mean by these?
>>
File: onkelbob.jpg (8 KB, 165x163) Image search: [Google]
onkelbob.jpg
8 KB, 165x163
>reading Hegel translations
>>
File: 1448685233339.png (1 MB, 624x1108) Image search: [Google]
1448685233339.png
1 MB, 624x1108
It's basically saying that when a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, it doesn't make a sound... and there's no tree. Or forest...
>>
>>415881
It isn't saying that at all, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>415897

Yes it is. His whole point is that perception creates reality. Whole=reality, Truth=perception. And vice versa.
>>
>>415914
>>415881
wtf are you even saying...

>>415633
Imo it says that the Whole (i.e. all the phenomena) is to be understood as the only truth exploitable by the mind.
>>
>>415763
This really depends on the language though. i read it in dutch, and a lot of germans terms really have counterparts with the same conceptual meaning in dutch.
>>
>>415633
Ok, let me help you a bit with the first one

According to Heinrich Heine, a former student of Hegel, a lot of people complained against Hegel about the vagueness of this term. He replied by saying that you could also put it in this way: 'Everything that is rational, is inevitable'.

This aformism is by no means of any state. The Hegelian actual means ' the inevitable dasein'. The existence of the thing is not based on sheer luck, but can be explained by reason and so it is 'rational'.
>>
>>416903
*a justification of any state
>>
>>415881
>implying this isn't Berkeley
>>
He's referencing Heraclitus. The "rational" is logos.
>>
File: top hayek.png (320 KB, 933x703) Image search: [Google]
top hayek.png
320 KB, 933x703
>>415763

>reading hegel
>>
>>/lit/
>>
>>415633
meaning there is nothing beyond the physical realm, what you see is what you get
>>
>>419027
Hegel is already an important read if you were ever interested in the theoretical origins of extreme ideologies ( marxism/fascism). Yes he's dense and some sentences are really impossible to understand ( unless you're actually a professional Hegel scholar with a lot of experience), but that doesn't justify the ignoring of Hegel.
>>
>>415633
>The actual is rational, and the rational is the actual
It means Just War is acceptable. I am not kidding. This is the usual part Marx hated, since it legitimized the Nation-State as the End of History.
>>
>>416903
>This aformism is by no means of any state. The Hegelian actual means ' the inevitable dasein'. The existence of the thing is not based on sheer luck, but can be explained by reason and so it is 'rational'.
this one

effectivity = rationality

which is the sole fantasy of the rationalist....
>>
>>420669
No it does not legitimize any war or any particular state or whatever>>416903
All it says is that things don't pop up because of luck or randomness. the grand overall development of things is planned. This is all he means with it, nothing more
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.