[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so who was worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: hitler-stalin.jpg (12 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
hitler-stalin.jpg
12 KB, 400x200
so who was worse?
>>
Im sure they were both nice guys outside of work
>>
meh stalin killed more people, but not for lack of trying on hitler's part. you could argue that hitler had a bigger role in starting WW2 than stalin and it's more attributable to him, but then who can say.
>>
>>406101

Two cheeks of the same arse.
>>
Stalin

>Sent his own men to villages post-WWI for fears that they had bourgeoisie influence if captured by Allied forces
>Killed innumerable politicians simply to continue the idea of state enemies and further his own claim to power
>killed millions more through starvation policies, relocation and outright murder

Also, Mao was the worst.
>>
>>406111
Heh, I like that.

OP you're asking a very sweeping question. Be more specific next time. Personally I think Hitler was worse, just because the nature of the deaths in the holocaust are so awful.
>>
>>406101
Hitler at least tried you at a court for being a jew or undesirable. With Stalin you just disappear.
>>
>>406119
Stalin clocks up to about 40 million, Hitler around 25 at a stretch. Mao tops 50, so yeah he's probably worse. But weren't those deaths more due to the Chairman's incompetence than anything else? Wasn't it mainly famine?
>>
>>406101
Stalin is worse to everyone who experienced both Stalin and Hitler.

Except the Jews, gays and other specific targets of Adolf.

And Hitler was worse to those lucky enough to never experience Stalin.
>>
>>406126
does that matter? once ya dead, ya dead.
>>
Stalin, no contest
>>
>>406126
>Hitler tried you at court for being a jew
Are you retarded?
>>
>>406129
>Hitler around 25 at a stretch
If you discount the war he started, maybe.
>>
>>406144
I think he's reinforcing how severe the Stalinist terror was compared to the Adolfian.
>>
>>406126
>Hitler at least tried you at a court for being a jew or undesirable.

Not really. You're thinking of the People's Court who mostly dealt with dissidents. Jews and others were just sent away.

The People's Court were also completely unlawful. Judgements was dispensed at the whim of the judge and there was no book of laws to protect you.
>>
>>406150
>implying hitler started the war

Even then, of those 60 million (24 of which were in russia), how many were down to Stalin's bloody foolishness than Hitler's own intent.
>>
>>406152
But that is nonsense. If anyone just disappeared people, it was hitler. Stalin had to legitimize his actions by show trials first. Also, I doubt Stalin ever sent infants into death camps.
>>
File: 1406320738693.jpg (118 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
1406320738693.jpg
118 KB, 360x500
>>406164
so you're saying we shouldn't dislike Stalin more?
>>
>>406164
No, because FDR, Stalin, and Hitler had substantially different economic and social policies that can't be addressed as if they were the same thing. The idea that all dictators are created equal is dangerous to scholarship and society.
>>
>>406161
Are you saying that the one who fails to protect is as guilty as the murderer?
>>
File: 1429032217837.jpg (1 MB, 5616x3744) Image search: [Google]
1429032217837.jpg
1 MB, 5616x3744
>>406168
>I doubt Stalin ever sent infants into death camps.
>>
>>406161
>le hitler did nothing wrong maymay
>>>/pol/
>>
>>406178
I'm saying Stalin fucked up the defence of russia bigtime. Seriously the fact the ussr emerged is a bloody miracle, even moreso if it wasn't for allied help.
>>
>>406180
Your pic suggests you have information to the contrary. I'd like to see that.
Note how I didn't say he dindu nuffin, there was simply no point in infanticide for him, since infants can't be trotskyist spies.
>>
>>406193
I'm not meming, but you can't possibly tell me that the entire WW2 was due to Hitler. There's a myriad of other factors, and while Hitler's a large one, Stalin is also present too.
And I've not been on /pol/ for months, thank you very much
>>
>>406199
Nd how is that relevant?
>>
>>406204
"Special camps or zones for children (Gulag jargon: "мaлoлeтки", maloletki, underaged), for disabled (in Spassk), and for mothers ("мaмки", mamki) with babies."

it's off Jewipedia but fuck it, my textbooks are back at my dorm
>>
>>406204
Stalin literally sent whole families to camp for crimes of one member.

Well, not so much whole families as "anyone unlucky to be at address to be deported". And yes, this actually happened, mongoloids turned up and shipped of, say the father, his aunt, his sister, her son and the neighbours kid. Because in Red Army orders question you!
>>
>>406214
That the deaths of Russian citizens and civilians by nazi hands during WW2 could be partly attributed to Stalin. He didn't fail to protect them, he outright got them killed through his own idiocy.
>>
>>406202
I disagree with literally everything you said. No, we shouldn't just vilify everyone that disagrees with us; that's literally just totalitarianism in the same way Stalinism and Hitlerism were, and I don't know who 'we' are even supposed to be here. FDR did a lot of things that make him look pretty authoritarian. He was elected four times, which almost every president before him thought was most improper and if not unconstitutional then untraditional to the extreme. Presidents with emergency powers during wartime cannot be anything but dictators. It might be your conservatism that makes you see him as just a bad president rather than a man who fought WWII on two fronts and created millions of jobs by forcing the state into areas of public life that it had never occupied before.
>>
>stalin accountable for soldier deaths
>implying they had the option to do the five man squad style combat
Id like to see stalin pull a few hundred million dollars out of his ass during ww2 without selling his soul to the u.s. even though they declared war on the soviets in ww1.
>>
>>406257
1. Stalin sold his soul to the Devil sometime in the 1910's.
2. The US should have let the Nazis gas the Soviets man by man and funded the construction of concentration camps in Moscow and Ukraine.
>>
>>406111
That's a damn good analogy.
>>
>>406101

Stalin seems more ruthless, but Hitler gets more infamy since he lost.
>>
>>406101
Stalin and I'm essentially a Communist
>>
File: 1429577560708.png (142 KB, 1380x1600) Image search: [Google]
1429577560708.png
142 KB, 1380x1600
Time to break out the old bingo board! Thanks for the freebie OP!
>>
>>406101
>worse
>>>/pol/
>>
>>406111
George Galloway?
>>
>>406137
the commies did some nasty stuff to the natives living in Siberia and the Tartars.

Also we had beautiful stuff like people getting executed for wearing glasses.

its really like >>406111
said.
>>
>>406973
>Also we had beautiful stuff like people getting executed for wearing glasses.
That was the Khmer Rouge, which the USSR opposed.
>>
>There are people on this board that honestly, unironically, abide >muh Cold War death tolls

Demographics provided by Wiki because it's the only thing I have access to:
January 1920 (Russian SFSR): 137,727,000
January 1926 : 148,656,000
January 1937: 162,500,000
January 1939: 168,524,000
June 1941: 196,716,000
January 1946: 170,548,000
January 1951: 182,321,000

In the 30 year span of Stalin's tenure he personally presided over a time with unnatural deaths of 64,000,000 people (including 24,000,000 war dead, +14% of the total population at the time)? People really think Stalin killed +1,333,333 people every year for 30 years, including the during the war period but not including those deaths? Maybe this figure includes the famine deaths that the UN doesn't even classify as a genocide? Didn't the soviet archives show that the Gulags weren't nearly as fatal as the theorists assumed?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.