[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ave Duce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13
File: Benito Mussolini.jpg (90 KB, 460x635) Image search: [Google]
Benito Mussolini.jpg
90 KB, 460x635
Why did people hate him?
>>
>>404489
Because they were tricked into thinking that the alternative was better. My country is still paying the price for choosing the alternative
>>
>>404489
Because he was an opportunistic idiot who put his country in war unprepared against Britain and France. Lost hundreds of thousands of lives, destroyed the Italian Empire, was more of a threat to Axis than to Allies and died like a bitch.
>>
>>404489
They were lied to and manipulated by the (probably Jewish) NWO.
>>
>>404513
>who put his country in war unprepared
Why did he though?
Do you know that people where scare to death when Hitler annexed Austria? Do you know how we suffered in WW1 because of Austria?
We had no alternative. Either we allied and submitted to Hitler or we would have been annexed
>>
>>404511
>choosing the alternative
The Democracy that America forced upon you, or something else?
>>
>>404528
The democracy that was so easily infiltrated by marxism, the same democracy that we have today. A democracy which turned into fascism, a fascism aimed at destroying it's own people
>>
>>404534
>Infiltrated by Marxism, turned into fascism

What the fuck are you on about m88?
>>
>>404542
Marxism turned into an authoritarian state anywhere people tried it. Look at the USSR, look at Communist China, North Korea, and so on.
The EU isn't that much different, as far as being authoritarian.
I should have probably said authoritarianism instead of fascism, sorry
>>
>>404524
>suffered because of Austria
Should have stayed out of the war my man
>>
Because he had the Italian nation eating out of his hand and was on his way to turning Italy into a serious player on the world stage and threw it all away by not telling Hitler to cool his jets.

Maybe if he'd had more time to gut the aristocracy from the army and industrialize he'd be thought of like Lee Kuan Yew, Salazar, Chiang Kai Shek, Park Chung Hee, or Pinochet; Authoritarians concerned with the welfare of their people who used their authoritarian regime to benefit and improve their nation.

Instead he let Hitler drag him into a war that his nation wasn't prepared for and is thought of as Hitler's blowhard friend.
>>
>>404564
How so? Do you know how WW1 developed? We would have been attacked by either France or Austria. The difference is that France and England promised us some "territori irredenti", basically some land in the ex Yugoslavia. That's why we joined France and fought with Austria. We would have entered the war anyway
>>
>>404524
He could have stayed neutral like Franco. All Hitler would do is protest and threaten to invade but that's all. But instead he chose to get BTFO by French in Alps and British in Africa.
>>
Contrary to modern beliefs, Italy had a pretty modern military in the 1930s. The early 1930s. By the late 30s and early 40s most of it was outdated as fuck.

But I don't think the Italians sucked because of a material disadvantage, but because of inferior soldiering compared to the French, Greeks and British.

In the case of Greece, Italy had the material ADVANTAGE yet still sucked shit.

And then the campaigns in North Africa...kek.

Mussolini could have played the cool game with Franco and kept neutral, but instead he wanted a slice of France and in the end he paid the price.
>>
>>404638
Doesn't help that Italians didn't want to fight at all.
They had better conditions in british pow camps than in their army camps.
>>
>>404585
The majority of Chileans don't like Pinochet, even the ones without commie sympathies. The massive improvement to quality of life happened during the 90s after the restoration of democracy. The main thing isn't that Pinochet killed people, its that the economy was still a complete shitshow under him, GDP per capita was lower than Peru and unemployment soared to 25% in the 80s.
>>
>>404654

>They had better conditions in british pow camps than in their army camps.

I think that's a bit of an excuse. Even in early campaigns, they demonstrated that they were incompetent.
>>
He wasn't a little girl
>>
>>404524
>Do you know how we suffered in WW1 because of Austria?
We deserved it, we should have remained neutral. 1.240.000 people died for what? Fucking Trentino-Alto Adige?

That was one of the most idiotic things our government ever did, and that's saying a lot. Literally 3.5% of the population died for no other reason than "sacro egoismo."
Yep. Our OFFICIAL casus belli during the first world was was egoism. We're the most laughable country in western europe and we deserve it.
>>
File: call the cops see what I care.gif (2 MB, 297x229) Image search: [Google]
call the cops see what I care.gif
2 MB, 297x229
>>404516
>>
Most intellectuals are communist and they despise any political leader that has prevented communists from taking power.
>>
File: fascistitalyf.jpg (32 KB, 274x374) Image search: [Google]
fascistitalyf.jpg
32 KB, 274x374
>>404489
Because he failed them. Initially he succeeded in 'making Italy great again', but after all the military failures and the allies landing troops in Italy itself, the people became disillusioned with him.

Italy just wasn't strong enough to live up to his ambition.
>>
>>404870
know your history better. the government didnt want war at all. it was the ultra nationalists like national syndicalists like mussolini and futurists butthurt over ethiopia
>>
>>404489

He made his only mistake. Making Italy enter the war.
>>
They don't understand the man and they don't understand what he was trying to do.
>>
>>405844
What was he trying to do?
>>
File: y-4686 (228).jpg (77 KB, 600x858) Image search: [Google]
y-4686 (228).jpg
77 KB, 600x858
DUX
MELO
SUX
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 480x734) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 480x734
>>404585
>Pinochet
>Good

Worst tyrant in South American history, and that's saying something
>>
>>405707
Alpha as fuck
>>
>>406909
I'm sure you've seen this but I'll post it just in case

http://youtu.be/0I71VX5RyGA
>>
>>404638
>But I don't think the Italians sucked because of a material disadvantage, but because of inferior soldiering
CADORNA GET OUT YOU INCOMPETENT DICKHEAD!

Gesus fucking Christ superstar! This board is literally the worst of /sci/, /pol/, and /lit/ united.
>>
>>404585
>Pinochet
top lel
The dude sold his country, the absolute madman
>>
He failed because he followed a macho nationalistic utopia in a country that after a century still doesn't feel whole, I mean one of the major parties here (Lega Nord) still dreams of splitting Italy because "we wuz longobardi and celts (?)" And "everything under the Po river is shit".
Furthermore, he failed because of some measures (Quota 90 and Autarchy) he took that in theory would have boosted the industrial production...but in practice, it killed small industries in favor of a few big ones.
>>
File: 1449273632189.jpg (326 KB, 1050x700) Image search: [Google]
1449273632189.jpg
326 KB, 1050x700
Yeah entering the war was his biggest mistake.
Also Crassus reincarnating into Cadorna wasn't really helpful.
>>
>>407015
Never trust Goth Barbarians
All Italians should have learned this lesson by now
>>
>>407010
>(Lega Nord) still dreams of splitting Italy because "we wuz longobardi and celts (?)"
All right, this is /his/, but this shit dates back to the '90s/early 2000s.
And beside that, that's just the ideological background a part of Lega Nord tried to make up, but aside from the various extremizations that party suffers, the real reasons were ALWAYS purely economical: everything above the Po river is a highly productive region, and while middle Italy is still economically self-sufficient (more or less), the south is a black hole of money.

Get your facts straight m8
>>
File: 1449276459748.jpg (899 KB, 2048x1484) Image search: [Google]
1449276459748.jpg
899 KB, 2048x1484
>>407025
Thing is, did Hitler just ignore Italy's warning about the latter's shit military/industrial capabilities at the times or was there some misunderstanding?
Maybe he underestimated the need of a strong ally in the med sea in a perhaps unexpectedly big war?
>>
>>407109
iirc Mussolini told Hitler that Italy wouldn't be ready for war until '42
Meanwhile Hitler was being pressured by Poland and France and if he just backed down right there then he'd probably lose any credibility.
Hitler also tried to end the war in '40 but Churchill was having none of his shit.
>>
>>407094
the real reasons were ALWAYS purely economical: everything above the Po river is a highly productive region, and while middle Italy is still economically self-sufficient (more or less), the south is a black hole of money.
My main argument was about the absence of a national unity, you just reinforced it by saying that a party wants to split the country, although I memed the motivations.
>>
>>406963
Fucking weabs
>>
>>404585
>Pinochet
>concerned with the welfare of their people
and yet /pol/tards are the ones crying about revisionists all the time
>>
>>407421
It is well done though
>>
>>407674
The video yes, I find the song rather unpleasant personally.
>>
File: _20151206_221417.jpg (15 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
_20151206_221417.jpg
15 KB, 260x194
>>404489
did? When pre or post ww2.

Even pre war he ran a government sponsored mob to attack and silence his enemy's. Litteraly said Hitler was a nobody, came back 5-10 years to Germany and said "o, shit nigger" he was Hitler's masturbation material, so obviously a bad bad man
>>
File: Death-of-Mussolini.jpg (127 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
Death-of-Mussolini.jpg
127 KB, 800x568
>>404489
he hung out with the wrong crowd
>>
>>404870
>We deserved it, we should have remained neutral. 1.240.000 people died for what? Fucking Trentino-Alto Adige?

Tbf we were promised way more than that. Yes, we could expect that the British would never give us that power in the Mediterranean, still..
>>
Good morning bump
>>
>>406847
Killing 3k commies top is pretty mild, all the while making Chile great for the first time.
Pinochet is best SA dictator.
>>
>>404489
because he lost the war and history is written by the ones who won.

also strongly limited press and freedom of speech after beating commies.
>>
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.