[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If he hadn't been overthrown and killed, would he be regarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 440x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 440x558
If he hadn't been overthrown and killed, would he be regarded in a much more positive light à la Napoleon?
>>
>>399125

Winning is always a good way to improve your reputation.
>>
was there ever a technocrat with higher ideals who was regarded well afterwards? thats how high the chances for robespierre are.
>>
File: Georges Danton museeCarnavalet.jpg (30 KB, 217x275) Image search: [Google]
Georges Danton museeCarnavalet.jpg
30 KB, 217x275
Why were all Jacobins ugly motherfuckers?
>>
>>399125
Certainly. A lot of his bad reputation come from the propaganda of the guys who replaced him and from the lies of those who tried to shift the blame of the actual crimes away from themselves.

It would not have helped much against the propaganda of the anglos though.

Also, only idiots see Napoleon in a good light.
>>
>>399377
It was the first beta uprising
>>
>>399377
Danton was a smooth talker who got pussy tho
>>
cult of the supreme guillotine really took off
>>
>>399125
He's not regarded in a terribly negative light in France. More like an excessively-enthusiast leader with some strange quirks and slight paranoia. The persons more associated with the Terror are Saint-Just and to a lesser extent Fouche. Besides it's not like after Thermidor France became democratic, it was same tyranny but without any popular participation at all and somewhat less shitty economy.
>>
>>399377
Danton was like 7'8" and jacked as fuck.
>>
>>399622
True. Here's a better picture of him.

He was probably the best guy to lead the Revolution, at least after the purifications began.
>>
File: 80078_danton_lg.gif (347 KB, 860x1024) Image search: [Google]
80078_danton_lg.gif
347 KB, 860x1024
>>399640
Look at this neck. They probably had to guillotine him twice to get through it.
>>
>>399666
Oh shit I forgot to actually post the pic

Nice trips anyway

wew sorry
>>
>>399536
>>399377
They're like the rolling stones. Their uglyness is part of the charm.
>>
>>399460
>ended the reign of terror
>slowly moved France away from republicanism
>brought some semblance of normalcy back
>took France to her Zenith of power
>bad
>>
>>399794
>Napoleon
>ended reign of terror
>>
>>399794
>invented political police
>moved france away from republicanism
>constant warmongering
>led millions to their death for no good result, making france a second-rate power in europe for the following century
>bad

Robespierre>Bonaparte
>>
File: 2Desmoulins.jpg (42 KB, 369x420) Image search: [Google]
2Desmoulins.jpg
42 KB, 369x420
>>399666
>Danton 666 trips
>Based Desmoulins
>>
>>399861
>warmongering
>>
>>399861
>m-muh Gillray propaganda

Napoleon created a stable state, whose glory was only diminished by military failures: Code Napoleon, return to silver francs, expanded bureaucracy, end of the reign of terror, meritocracy etc.

Get educated and read some Andrew Roberts, twat
>>
>>399794
>Napoleon
>ended reign of terror

uhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>401050
>>>399794
>>Napoleon
>>ended reign of terror
>uhhhhhhhhhh
He did. The rule of foche was far far far more benevolent and whilst mistakes were made there were no mass guillotines of dissidents or lynchings of priests. The terror was truly horrible and anarchic and Napoleon's dictatorship was far more egalitarian than just about every other government operating in Europe at the time.
>>
>>401083
The Reign of Terror ended in July 1794. Napoloen was not involved in ending it.
>>
>>399377
Its the Satanic power leaving its mark.
>>
>>399794
straight out of year 12
>>
>>402846
Thanks for adding to the discussion you useless faggot.
>>
>>399125
But he did nothing wrong.
>>
I really need an answer, I have no idea what to think of Napoleon because there's so much conflicting evidence on whether or not he's a beneficial leader or evil douche.

Is there an at least slightly unbiased book about the life and accomplishments of Napoleon that wouldn't try to push an agenda on me?
>>
>>404551
>Jacobin
Stop right there we've got it.
>>
>>399377
A raging bull stomped repeatedly on Danton leaving his face deformed for life.
>>
>>401083
>he ended something that stopped years before he took power

kek
>>
>>404552
No. All agenda goes back to the French Revolution.
>>
File: wealthy fucking shits.png (65 KB, 297x308) Image search: [Google]
wealthy fucking shits.png
65 KB, 297x308
who /sans culottes/ here?
>>
>>405359
I was born without culottes compatriot
>>
>>405359
>>405377

Well, well, look who we have here. Does somebody need to be reminded of the "constitution?"
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.