[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Julius Caesar battlefield unearthed in southern Netherlands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Archaeologists claim carbon dating of ancient weapons found in Kessel proves Roman emperor led massacre of Germanic tribes on Dutch soil

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/11/julius-caesar-battlefield-unearthed-southern-netherlands-dutch-archaeologists
>>
So wheres my reparations Italy?
>>
>>396881
>emperor
>>
based Caesar still delivering after thousands of years
>>
I'm seriously sick of that fake as shit bust.
>>
based IVLIVS trying to protect Europe from the Germanic bane
>>
Germans were never 'tribes'. We had a great empire that was defeated by the Romans and they changed history to make us look like barbarians.
>>
>>398274

That was not hard.
>>
>>398275
What was not 'hard'? Germans were not barbarians, we were better than Rome in many ways but they one as we were in a weak time.
>>
File: César_(13667960455).jpg (909 KB, 1117x1769) Image search: [Google]
César_(13667960455).jpg
909 KB, 1117x1769
>Caesar wrote about the battle in his account of the Gallic wars, Commentarii de Bello Gallico, but the exact location had until now remained a mystery. He said he wiped out the tribes, which would have meant more than 400,000 dead, but the university said the toll was likely to be 150,000 to 200,000.
Tencteri & Usipetes genocide best day of my life
>>
>>398274
WE WUZ EMPIREZ N SCHEIIIß
>>
>>398278

Defeating your "empire" and making you look like barbarian.
That was not hard.
That has never bee hard.
That ws not
>>
>>398280
Don't mock Germany. We had the German Empire which ruled most of Europe then we had the Holy Roman Empire so we won in the end.
>>
>>398285
>Holy Roman Empire

you mean the only empire that got repeatedly buttfucked by italians?
>>
>>398274
>>398278
Snownigger please. It doesn't matter how you want to redefine your culture, in Roman and Greek/Macedonian eyes, anyone who didn't belong to their society, their race, spoke the same tongue and held the same beliefs is a barbarian.

And given how general Northerners like Germanic tribes were migratory, expansive, lead expeditionary raids for land and power on each other, the Gauls, and Roman settlements, and were largely nomadic, you qualify as barbarians.
>>
>>398294>
you mean the only empire that got repeatedly buttfucked by italians?
It keeps happening.

Eventually it sublimated into Association football matches.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.