[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
imagine you've just inherited this chunk of land, full of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: the_map.png (510 KB, 4619x2866) Image search: [Google]
the_map.png
510 KB, 4619x2866
imagine you've just inherited this chunk of land, full of disparate people and cultures.

how is it best ruled and what should the government try to accomplish for its people?
what policies make for a successful nation?
>>
>>390512
>best ruled
>should

Fuck off to >>>/pol/
>>
>>390512
Immediately force an ultimatum upon Turkestan: be my cavalry or die.

Convert Buddhists and folk peoples in the south to Orthodox Christianity (that of Ukraine). Support Shia and Sufi Islam in favor of Sunni. Afterwards, make it clear that we Christians and Muslims descend from the same God. Fighting over it is useless.

Finally, unite the area based upon its steppe nomad history. Tell them they must relive the glory of their Scythian common ancestors. Basically, create a neo-Scythian nation-state.
>>
Genocide all ethnic and religious minorities within my borders and declare war on all my neighbors.
>>
>>390512

Sell lots of oil

Get rich

Wherever there are ethnical tensions, favor one over the other so that they fight each other and not me.
>>
>>390512
I would sack Delhi and build a piramid of skulls upon its heathen ruins
>>
>>390512
> how is it best ruled
By dissolving into autonomous countries along borders calculated to minimize potential conflict.
>>
>>390512
need LOTs more info. a few questions:

- how did i attain the office?
- what / where / who is my power base, and what are its strengths and weaknesses?
- what are the various administrative units of my government, how are they structured, and how loyal are they to me?
- what are my current military, scientific, engineering, economic, and technological capabilities?
- what is the local and regional infrastructure like?
- in a territory that vast, you are bound to have ethnic, religious, and political differences. who hates who, and how likely are they to do something about it?

i'm sure i'm forgetting a bunch, but i'm a little high
>>
>>390560
>not forming an alliance with italy
>>
>>390512
Do I have nukes?
>>
>>390671
continuing my train of thought with some internal questions:
- what natural resources do i have, and what is my country's ability to exploit them efficiently?
- what are my access to trade routes?

some external questions:
- who are my neighbors?
- what are their ambitions?
- capabilities to execute on those ambitions?
- what are their overt relations?
- covert relations?
- if globalization has occurred, this expands to all nations

- how do my answers to all these questions compare to everybody else?
>>
>>390512
I prepared to be invaded by Russia, China, Pakistan, Iran, T*rkey, India, and probably the US at some point.

If I can avoid that, I sell the Black Jew to the US for dem sweet sweet oil moneyz and buy nukes. I also seek membership in the EEU.

Oh, and I also make it so that nobody can leave the country and control the media so that the people worship me as their glorious leader once I kick the bucket.
>>
Declare self a prophet, pass a law that names that entire region Binbanbadabadgahn and making it illegal to change it's name for the next 250 years. Jump into a volcano because who the fuck wants those shit holes.
>>
>>390512
Because the territory has been wrested from nuclear powers like Russia and China and dictatorships I would immediately assemble representatives from each province and contact the UN, using the diplomatic contacts that already exist in (at least partially) democratic countries encompassed or largely encompassed by the area you have shown, Kazakhstan and Georgia would be the most important.

Because all these regions have expressed enough will to allow me to inherit the land and because Russia, China and others may be unwilling to let these territories go I would propose a compromise to prevent the threat of war or social unrest.

Regions in countries like Russia and China would ostensibly remain part of those countries but each would have its own democratic autonomous government, rather like autonomous economic zones in the east of China. The alternative would be for China to commit atrocities suppressing the population that wanted me to inherit.

Dictatorships like Turkmenistan which I think is completely encompassed would basically have a revolution like that of East Germany.

Democratic countries like Kazakhstan would continue on as they were, though obliged to help their neighbors and form a commonwealth with other countries and autonomous regions in the chunk of land.
>>
>>390512
First set up a capital in Georgia because it's the most beautiful country I control.

Next, recruit scholars worldwide to propose border lines to be drawn between provinces, have a popular vote on which one is the best, and set up nominally independent governments in each region that I tax so that I can maintain a defense force along my borders and a brown water navy in the Mediterranean and Caspian Sea.

Sit back, relax and go to some accordion concerts.
>>
I release everything outside of Ukraine/Caucasus and Turkenstan and abdicate so my land can rejoin the empire
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-04.jpg (24 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-04.jpg
24 KB, 495x495
Liberal progressivism.
>>
>>390512
We golden horde now
>>
Create regions, draw the lines around the ethnic and religious borders and give near full autonomy to all provinces, with a regional parliament or congress, that is up to a regional referendum on every region and can be changed the same way at any time every 50 years but it requires a 75% majority to pass.
Set up a national congress, all regions get the same amount of representation elected by the local population but all candidates and parties need to be aproved by the central goverment. I, and as will my heirs after me, hold full power to veto or pass any legislation on the national or regional level, parliament and congress has no say on this.
The army answers only to the central goverment, at no point is any region allowed to have any sort of millitia or armed force.
I think that is it really.
>>
looks like the mongolian empire without mongolians
>>
>>390512
I sell it and retire to a comfy house near some rockies and a forest.
>>
>>391364
>if i say something it becomes true: the government
>>
>>390679
I don't think Turkey did that... oh wait, you're thinking of Nazi Germany
>>
>>390512
Sell Tibet to China in exchange for Mongolia.
Recreate glorious steppe empire.
>>
>>390551
>Immediately force an ultimatum upon Turkestan: be my cavalry or die.
They do not accept and raid your countryside and causes unrest throughout your eastern part of the Empire.
>Afterwards, make it clear that we Christians and Muslims descend from the same God. Fighting over it is useless.
implying they are going to agree.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.