[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nixon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 17
Other than George W. Bush, was there a more a failed president besides Richard "Wiretap my shit up" Nixon?
>>
>>390006
Try Andrew Johnson, Hoover, Harding, Buchanan, and Grant.
>>
>>390187
And Pierce... but yeah, this.
>>
FDR
>>
>>390187
Also Lyndon Johnson, Kennedy and >>390212
>>
>>390212
>>390241
>>>/pol/
>>
>>390241
>alleviating greatest economic downturn in our history
>winning the greatest war in our history
>decisively ending segregation and discrimination
>failure

One of these does not belong.
>>
>>390006
lincoln
fdr
elbe jay
>>
File: you.jpg (69 KB, 780x513) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
69 KB, 780x513
>>390378
>>
>>390368
>prolonging the greatest economic downturn in our history
>Using it to entrench corporate power
>Getting himself involved in an unnecessary war that it was his policy to avoid, while also being unprepared for it.

FDR is modern Maloch worship. He literally has nothing going for him other then a lot of people suffered and died while he was president, and therefor he must be important, and therefor he must be good.
>>
>>390212
Lol
>>
>>390437
>Maloch
>therefor
We have an intellectual over here
>>
lbj
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOMYkQzDXEk
>>
>>390448
He helped tremendously with civil rights though.
>>
not helping your case
>>
>>390464
What
>>
Nixon is the greatest president to ever hold office.
>>
>>390414
is that supposed to be an insult.
>>
>>390513
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>390006
Nixon's only failing was getting caught.
>>
>>390533
And the colossal failure that is the Vietnam war
>>
>>390541
that was on JFK and LBJ
Nixon was just cleaning up their mess.
>>
>>390546
Cleaning up their mess by continuing to bomb the country? Ight
>>
>>390570
It was a damn sight better than having fucking soldiers fighting on the ground
>>
>>390581
The lesser of two evils sure. Could've been handled better though.
>>
>>390006
Considering a successful president is one who continues American hegemony and keeps the class hierarchy in place, I'd say he'd do a good job.

He was nuts though. I mean, Genghis Khan probably had better mental health than Nixon.
>>
>>390606
What he like super paranoid??
>>
>>390606
Thats one hell of a meme for a president during the cold war.
>>
>>390006
He wasn't really that bad as a president all things considered
I mean he must not be that terrible since Nixon 2.0: Vagina edition is a serious contender for Potus
>>
>>390546

Nah Nixon actually sabotaged the Vietnam peace talks so he could get elected. LBJ wiretapped him and the record of that conversation went public years ago.
>>
>>390260
>calling warmongers bad
>/pol/
>>
>>390006
Nice memepost
>>
who was the president that died of a cold like a month after his inauguration?
>>
>>390751
Some kuck in the 1800's lol
>>
>>390751
William Henry Harrison
>>
>>390751

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8N7BSsU5oo
>>
>>390006
>CREEP
>VP resigns when things look bad because he accepted bribes
>Pentagon Papers
>receives full pardon by Ford
America was a fucking joke in the 20th century, a fucking JOKE

Hell even Reagan had like 85 different scandals in his office during his terms
>thinking the star wars program would actually work

the U.S. presidency became a JOKE, it's why people respected the USSR more during the time. Not just Nixon but every single president after the second world war
>>
>>390606
Didn't he try and pretend to be crazy so people wouldn't want to mess with him?
>>
>>390212
nah FDR had a pretty successful presidency

>hired to fix Great Depression
>fixed during his administration
>people demanded war
>gives them the best war in their history
>people wanted a strong president
>elected four times with only death preventing him from fifth

don't care about how you view his policies, his era was pretty based
>>
On the other end of the spectrum, who was the best president we ever had? My vote goes to Teddy Roosevelt.
>>
>>390866
Tie between Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama
>>
>>390866
Abraham Lincoln. Close second is Washington. They're the most known for a reason.
>>
>>390866
Washington
FDR
Taft
Eisenhower
>>
>>390006
Nixon is the butt of so many jokes but he was an awesome Prez, definitely in my top 10:
>Ended Military Draft
>ended Vietnam War and brought our boys home
>Opened relations with China
>Softened relations with Soviets
>Enforced desegregation in Southern schools
>Enacted legislation that strengthened Gender Equality in schools
>Created EPA (which people will say is bad, but that's cause they value personal freedom over the health of thousands)
>Finished the Space Race with a BANG

Sure, he wasn't perfect, but he was DAMN good for a President. He had his personality flaws, and was definitely a flawed man. But I like what JFK said, that it's impossible to judge the Presidents because you have never stepped in their shoes. I think we absolutely have the right to criticize, but as for Nixon, his presidency for the most part were top notch. It's a real shame that he'll go down in history as a crook.
>>
>>390984
>Taft
>best
His policies as president went against many of the progressive politics he fought for under the Roosevelt administration because he felt they went outside constitutional limits, basically slowing down all the work he had done as a judge and solicitor general and alienated his entire party and was crushed in his reelection bid. Top 20 president, fantastic judge and person.
>>
>>391078
he destroyed more trust than Roosevelt
>>
>>391098
Roosevelt had to win the hearts and minds of the nation, go outside constitutional authority multiple times to break monopolies, break apart what were basically wars between the unions and the monopolies, Taft was just following the legal groundwork TR enacted.
>>
>>390984
>Taft
>Not the man who ruined the republican dream, ecological reform, prevention of capitalist oligarchy, and the American Empire
Roosevelt > Roosevelt > Clinton > Jefferson
That's it.
>>
>>390964
Lincoln was the nail in the coffin for antifederalism. He is directly responsible for the strong central government of today which is completely detached fro its employers (the citizens they are intended to represent) and the struggle to exist in the real world.
>>
>>391233
Strong government is good. It lets them get things done.
>>
>>390368
Look, I like Nixon too. But winning the war? Really? Explain.
>>
>>390006
Nixon wasn't bad at all

>created the EPA
>Title IX

Wait, he would have been crucified by Today's republican party
>>
I dunno, I just wanted an excuse to post this.
>>
File: dubs.png (1 MB, 1280x1038) Image search: [Google]
dubs.png
1 MB, 1280x1038
Check 'em
>>
Probably Grant. Good general, but shit president.
On another note, there hardly ever seems to be either love or hate for Woodrow Wilson.
>>
File: tricky dick.jpg (349 KB, 906x1541) Image search: [Google]
tricky dick.jpg
349 KB, 906x1541
>>390006
>>
>>390541
>colossal failure that is the Vietnam war

you mean ending the war the LBJ started?
>>
>literally did even mention AIDS until 7 years after the crisis started

how the FUCK did he get away with it? Imagine if Obama went a single week without talking about Ebola last year
>>
>>391891
Ending it after being pressured. He didn't want to end it, in fact he ordered multiple bombing runs. Why didn't he end it back in 1969?
>>
>>391912
>He didn't want to end it, in fact he ordered multiple bombing runs. Why didn't he end it back in 1969?

Because he wanted to win it you mong. Why wouldnt he bomb a country America was at war with?

Its because of those bombing campaigns that the north begged the US to stop and led to the Paris Peace Accords. It was here that the North agreed to leave the south alone, and the US would help build up the south.

Then after Watergate, the democrats said fuck Nixons Vietnam idea and cut funding to the south, leaving them all alone for the North to steamroll them.

So democrats start this bullshit war on a lie, a republican wins it, and then Democrats lose it.
>>
>>391912
1972 election?
>>
>>391933
>Why wouldnt he bomb a country America was at war with?

we were at war with Cambodia?
>>
>>391965
25 year rule, dickhead.
>>
Nixon was a success.

The only real failures.

-fiat currency not properly planned. created stagnant economy and inflation. that would later get all blamed on Carter.
-watergate. caused the democrats to gain cognress in the midterm election. who then pulled all support to south vietnam to spite nixon's legacy. causing the fall of south vietnam two years after the peace treaty.
>>
>>391939
north vietnam was operating out of cambodia.

nixon was right to expand the war and up the bombing campaign.

it was the only way to get the north to the peace talks and negotiate a settlement where the south still gets to exist.
>>
>>391858

Wilson was a shit president but ultimately forgettable.
>>
>>392005
IRS, Federal Reserve, ramping up international involvement.

Wilson ruined everything.
>>
Fun fact: Nixon was A literal fag.

I listened to an hour Long tape of him incoherently rambling 50% of the time and talking about handsom beautiful pool boys the other 50%

This is not even a shitpost
>>
>>390006
LBJ is such a kek its not even funny
>>
>>391892
There were so many things fucked about Reagan.

Then again, America truly deserved it for putting a fucking Actor in charge of the country. Of course he would be good at bullshitting everyone.
>>
>>391066
Huh, I guess it's not for nothing that Nader refers to him as 'our last liberal president'.
>>
>>390866

Donald Trump
>>
>>392372
>>>/po/
>>
>>392385

>G-G-Go back to /pol/
>>
>>392386
No one cares about your ebin memes and shitposting. Fuck off with your edgelord whom's only inkling of political clout is 'dem PC's, amiright?!' and having competition that consists of a 'neuro-surgeon' that apparently doesn't believe in the foundation of what has formed modern medicine.
>>
>>392393
>>>/pol/
>>
>>390414
so what happens if there is a fire?
>>
>>390006
Nixon was okay.
His only really fucked up shit was the Jamaica agreements that ended any remnant of standards in banking. But that was not his decision.
Perhaps war on drugs, though there was no telling it would turn out this bad because of measures passed after Nixon.

Nixon effectively reinvigorated the US in the world. His diplomatic record is flawless victory. That was one of the last to have a god trade policy.

His wiretapping was irrelevant then and even more so now that we have prism and other stuff.
>>
>>392406
>>>/pol/
>>
>>392393
Are you people so oblivious to the situation?
Every time I find Trump annoying, I remember what types are against him. Hating on "edgelords" is ungracious enough.
>>
>>392454
>>>/pol/
>>
>>390212

Yeah he failed so hard that he got elected 4 times
>>
>>390611

He had an enemies list.

As in an actual physical piece of paper where he wrote down the names of his enemies.
>>
>>390866

Apparently Nixon thought the best 3 politicians of the 20th century were Teddy, FDR, and Johnson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MacmN1EtIPQ

Not specifically because of what they did, but the strength of will they used to do it.
>>
>>392673
>The point of a president is to remain in power.
He only managed 13 years. Objectively shitty president by your Tropican standards.
>>
>>391762

Yeah, if the strong government in question is competent.

Which ours isn't.
>>
>>392692

yeah, politicians judge what makes someone a good politician based on their ability to get their shit done, not what their beliefs are. Thats why you will hear a lot of people say George W Bush was a good president and everyone else will have an autism attack
>>
File: 1448760699698.jpg (56 KB, 346x427) Image search: [Google]
1448760699698.jpg
56 KB, 346x427
>>390212
>FDR
>>
File: bane malick.jpg (25 KB, 700x430) Image search: [Google]
bane malick.jpg
25 KB, 700x430
>>392415
It rises brother
>>
>>392673
>popularity contest

There's this idiotic belief that voters don't re-elect a shitty president, well the last two alone are proving that theory wrong.
>>
File: Maxie.jpg (344 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Maxie.jpg
344 KB, 1600x1200
>>392699
Yeah, so let's have big corporations dictate more shit than they do now and pray they don't fuck us up worse than our gob'mint since they don't have to answer to anyone.
>>
>>392681
Maybe he had poor memory.
>>
>>393944
Would corporations that big even exist without government? Not even a lolbertarian but it seriously intrigues me. Notice how many of the big cats would've gone tits up in the last 20 years alone if the government didn't intervene with their bailouts footed by the taxpayer.
>>
No mention of John Tyler?

He was disowned by the Whigs while he was still serving in office and spent a fair portion of his term courting the democrats in hopes of being nominated for re-election under their banner. An abject failure of a politician and a president.
>>
File: cheeki breeki philosophy.jpg (84 KB, 827x960) Image search: [Google]
cheeki breeki philosophy.jpg
84 KB, 827x960
>>393955
Yes. See: every colonial nation on the planet. All big trading companies ended up being so big that they essentially started private wars. Gob'mints, as shitty as they are, are the only thing standing between us and Blade Runner.
And if you don't understand why helping a company that has 200k employees from going tits up, taking down with it a couple of hundred thousand more, and possibly turning large populated areas into Pripyat-like economic wastelands is bad, I'm sorry for you.
>>
>>393997
Isn't bad, fuck me
>>
>>392009

>ramping up international involvement.

That's his major fuck up, his indecisiveness and isolationist policies directly lead to WWII
>>
>>391066

He would have been one of the greats if hadn't gotten caught at Watergate. Which begs the question, are all of our politicians doing this shit and he's just the unlucky one to get caught red handed?
>>
>>393997
>All big trading companies
Are you saying there was no government involvement? The East India company for example was sanctioned by the crown and the colonial trade monopoly was only achieved because it was backed by the British navy and army.
>>
>>393997
>arguing against corporate monopolies
>thinks the modern system with privatized profit but socialized losses isn't what creates monopolies in the first place

The basis of capitalism is competition. If you aren't allowed to go tits up and the gubmint considers you too big to fail and literally throws money at you in a discriminatory fashion, that's the opposite of competition.
>>
File: mao.png (164 KB, 296x378) Image search: [Google]
mao.png
164 KB, 296x378
>>394039
So ideas an principles are more important than people. K. A state is supposed to do what is right for its citizens, not what is right for various ideologies fuckface.
>>
>>394030
So you're agreeing with me, yes?
>>
>>390006
Reagan
I don't see why his administration is praised by republicans so much
The deficit tripled, he armed jihadists in afghanistan, committed treason, ignored the aids crisis, yet he's seen as a god
>>
>>394063
Not at all. You were claiming that monopolies come about without any government intervention, while there definitely was government intervention when it comes to East India Company.
>>
>>394073
Republicans are retarded. Not to say Democrats aren't, but the balance slightly tips in favor of Republicans. Demos at least never would have had the most literal meme candidate for presidency in 2016, like the Repos have now.
>>
>>394055
What idea, what principles? Keeping massive scummy corporations afloat is a pretty shitty principle.
>>
>>394086
They had the biggest meme candidate of all time in Obama. A guy who literally never did anything notable hailed as a second coming of Jesus.
>>
>>394086
Because muh change wasn't a meme at all.
>>
>>394096
That's every candidate ever
It's certainly happening with trump
>>
>>394089
Yeah, and the people toiling under them getting shitcanned and not finding jobs because the entire are where they live has lost all its jobs isn't.
I'm not in favor of supporting big corpo, but average Joe has food on his table because he works at big corpo. It's the lack of gob'mint interventionism that most likely lead to big corpo existing in the first place.
>>
File: ronald_reagan_quote.jpg (59 KB, 400x242) Image search: [Google]
ronald_reagan_quote.jpg
59 KB, 400x242
>>394073

He ended the Cold War, ushered us into the prosperous 1990s before we realized just how much he spent in the final arms race before the USSR's fall, told FANTASTIC jokes on television, was a master of banter, and preached Christian morality along with his wife ("Just say no to drugs" came from his wife Nancy).

From a strictly emotional viewpoint, Reagan was probably the most entertaining and memorable President we have ever had. From an economic and political viewpoint, he left a mess of debt and political instability that no one really noticed until the 2000s because we were all too busy doing blow and listening to 80s/90s music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN3z3eSVG7A

This video of Reagan Bantz is why my parents and grandparents fucking loved the guy and cried when they heard he died in like 2005. The guy just had a way of talking to the American people on camera.
>>
>>394096
He's probably the most apt president since Nixon. Or Carter, I don't know much about him. Which doesn't say much, considering the shit administrations the country has seen ever since Reagan took office. Literally 28 years of corruption, incompetence and sometimes straight idiocy.
>>
>>393854
What did Bush II get done?
>used daddy's Supreme Court connections to lawyer his way to the presidency
>ignored intel on al Qaeda conspiracy to attack US
>allowed Dick Cheney and his henchmen to run the exexecutive branch
>blundered his way into Afghanistan with a massive conventional force (remember, Osama was killed by a small unit of SOF operators in Pakistan)
>signed the PATRIOT Act and implemented it with gusto
>allowed Dick Cheney and his henchmen to falsify evidence for a casus belli and ruin the life of a CIA operative
>then pardoned the fall guy
>blundered into an utterly pointless war, spending hundreds of billions (no small part going to Haliburton, owned by Cheney and his henchmen)
but he really didn't like AIDS you guys!
>>
>>394104
So basically he was a meme
>>
>>394101
>a company goes belly up
>a new company emerges and Joe gets employed there

Instead we get a model where companies that are objectively shit are getting kept afloat by your taxes and new companies cannot emerge because they don't have the access to government tit to begin with. Your model is a recipe for nothing but eternal debt and social disaster.
>>
>>394073
Actually I don't understand Democrats either, who view him as some kind of an incarnation of the Antichrist himself and the ultimate boogeyman.

tldr both Republicans and Democrats are utter idiots
>>
>>394104
>preached Christian morality
Like stone the nigga that works on Sabbath. Or fuck fig trees.

>master of banter, told FANTASTIC jokes
So?

>Ended the Cold War
No. It was USSR's collapsing economic model that ended it. And even so, the war officially ended say in '89. Which was the other retard, Bush

He probably lead the most corrupt administration in the past 50 years, rivaled only by Clinton's. He was an incapable idiot, a shitty diplomat that almost ushered MAD through his retarded posturing. He fought against actor unions while being an actor.

>"Government is the problem"
When you're in charge of it, yes it is dickhead.
>>
>>394104
Do you think our generation is going to cry when The Trump dies?
>>
>>394126
the 2008 economic crisis started with Reagan's ideas
>>
>>394113

I mean he was a famous actor in Western movies before he was President, so yeah. He was the proto-meme President. The dude basically let the military strong arm the entire planet while he told jokes and talked about Christian morality to keep the public distracted. He did a great job of what was required of the President during a time when we figured either the USSR was gonna fall or the nukes would drop before 1990.
>>
>>394119
>a new company emerges

What is the Rust Belt?
>>
>>394129
God I hope not
>>
>>394127

You sound mad. No he wasn't a good politician, but he was a master conversationalist, which was all we wanted in the 1980s.
>>
>>394105
>the debt tripled under his reign
>broke most of his promises
>just as much of a warmonger as Bush was
>seen as weak and being laughed at all across the globe

We're talking about a guy who received a Nobel peace prize before even taking office for fuck's sake. He's a walking breathing meme.

>Carter

Has to be bait, he's one of the least competent presidents in history. His mishandling of the Mariel refugee crisis and the Iran hostage crisis alone disqualify him from being a good president.
>>
>>394129

No. We don't love our country like we used to anymore. The Internet made us all jaded, bombarded with conspiracy theories and propaganda, and cynical about the future.

At this point in history, either we move forward from nation-states so we can all find something new to love and feel a part of something bigger than ourselves, or we need a reactionary movement to restore patriotism and a feeling of social order. We can't keep sitting on the fence like this, agonizing over the decay of civilization and having no idea what is going to happen in the next 3 months.
>>
>>394144
Is that why the world was closer than ever to nuclear war during his administration, although the soviets started toning it down after Brejnev died? Man, those fucking commies must have been deaf or something.
>>
>>394153
>the debt tripled
>reign
>>
>the success of presidents is largely determined by what wars they won or how the economy was when they left office, two things that aren't even largely due to them and probably could have been handled just as well by less celebrated presidents
I never liked this.

Are there any examples of Presidents going against their advisors and royally fucking up because of it? The one example I can think of is Andrew Jackson.
>>
>>394134
>the Rust Belt

Look at Pittsburgh for example, transformed from a Rust Belt shithole into an emerging tech city.
>>
>>394129
Nah, Reagan did a good job playing the kindly old grandpa-type president that appeals to the everyman voter.

Trump is more of a loudmouthed, cantankerous grandpa. He'll appeal to other weirdos but it won't sit well with your average facebook-gen voter.
>>
File: obama-debt-collage.jpg (25 KB, 470x307) Image search: [Google]
obama-debt-collage.jpg
25 KB, 470x307
>>394158
Doubled. Still pretty terrible.
>>
I unironically think Obama is a great president.
>>
>>394153
>debt literally plummeted
>he pulled all the troops
>found himself locked in a war that his predecessor started
>now that he's paying for Georgie's fuck-ups people shit on him

Not trying to defend him, but holy shit, try to find better arguments. He is shit for reasons other than this.
>>
>>394157

We ended the Cold War by outspending the Soviets and calling their bluff. The late 1980s were our final push - we spent so much on defense spending that the Soviets realized that, in addition to the myriad of political and social issues they had, they were economically microscopic compared to us and folded.

Without the Soviets in the picture, this enormous stockpile of weapons we were sitting on all got sold into the Middle East and other destabilized regions like Kashmir, allowing us to profit massively and enter into the prosperous 1990s and age of terrorism.
>>
>>394164
>how the economy was when they left office
Exactly, look at Clinton. Fucker rode the tech and dotcom boom he had absolutely nothing to do with, yet he gets hailed as a genius because MUH SURPLUS.
>>
>>394165
Sure, and then look at Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, St Louis, Cincinnati, Cleveland, etc.
>>
>>394173
That's pretty misleading cause muh inflation
Really the deficit is the thing you should be looking at
>>
>>394177
Your view is so shit, it literally warped reality around you. You're going to Vulcan my friend, serving as Enterprise's core.
>>
File: budget-ceiling.png (28 KB, 619x616) Image search: [Google]
budget-ceiling.png
28 KB, 619x616
>>394176
>debt literally plummeted

In which universe, where are you getting this horseshit? Pic related.

>found himself locked in a war that his predecessor started

Didn't know it was Bush who decided to bomb the shit out of Libya and Syria.
>>
>>394177
Soviets spent more on defense, approximately 40% of their budget, which ultimately caused their entire economy to go tits up.
>>
Reagan also gave Jesse Helms, the worst senator is US history, even more power
>>
File: 1378411467183.png (86 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1378411467183.png
86 KB, 625x626
>>390006
Literally the only argument you can use against him is Watergate. He got us out of Vietnam, he did better than most presidents as for internal policy and he basically won us the Cold War with the petrodollar gamble (though we're only now paying for this).
He was based, would vote for him 5 times.
>>
>>394188
>debt shit
My bad, was looking at some graphics and I misread them.

>war
Well, they were already at war. His fuck-up there was that he didn't help establish a fucking gob'mint after bombing the shit out of Lybia.
And in Syria he's bombing ISIS. You don't agree with that either?
>>
>>394156
I want this Age of Crisis meme to end. In the First World we're literally living in one of the most peaceful periods in human history.

>no constant regional warfare
>no wars between major, relevant nations
>no cold war MAD threats
>the current mainstream political opinion is "everybody try to get along now"
>no looming threat of violent political takeovers
>what passes for wars these days are in far off countries fought by volunteer soldiers where casualties for "our side" never pass the 4 digit mark

All we really have to deal with is terror attacks (which don't come close to threatening national existence), rampant capitalism and social unrest.
>>
>>394206
>rampant capitalism
You act like that's not enough.
>>
>>394204
>he's bombing ISIS

Initially wanted to bomb Assad before Russians cockblocked him. Not to mention he funnelled tons of money and weapons to FSA and other terrorists who are no better than ISIS.
>>
>>394206
>terror attacks
Not very significant.

>rampant capitalism
That's not so bad. Should be regulated to hell and back tho

>social unrest
Where in the Western world is that happening? Shit, besides a few countries the world is largely stable
>>
>>394215
Rampant capitalism doesn't exist anymore, at least not in the west. Compare modern age to the 1850s or something.
>>
>>394217
>no better than ISIS
I can't fathom anyone worse. Maybe if John Wayne Gacy and Albert Fish formed a party or something

>wanted to bomb Assad
I actually didn't know that.

>funelled money
That's a fault of every administration since fucking Eisenhower. It was dumb as fuck still.
>>
>>394215
It's not as bad as it used to be though/

>>394222
That's sort of the point. Our problems are too insignificant to warrant all this doom-and-gloom reactionism.
>>
>>394232
I was agreeing with you m8erson. I'm not >>394156
>>
>>394231
What difference is there between ISIS and FSA? Both are bloodthirsty islamic terrorists.
>>
File: nary but the dead.png (622 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
nary but the dead.png
622 KB, 800x600
>>394224
>Rampant capitalism doesn't exist anymore, at least not in the west. Compare modern age to the 1850s or something.
>He thinks Capitalism is something that exists in opposition to government regulation
>>
>>394235
Sorry m8
>>
>>394231
>didn't know that

Are you pretending to be retarded or were you in a coma for the last 5 years?
>>
>>394249
Were there government sanctioned unions, 8 hour workday, paid leave, public healthcare and shit like that in the 1850s?
>>
>>394257
No nigger, I knew he wanted to bomb Syria, but I thought he was gonna glass Isis, AL-Nusra, Al-Qaeda and shit. Guess he's more of an idiot than I thought.
>>
>>394349
You're the nigger if you somehow missed the fact that removing Assad was Obama's goal from the get go.
>>
>>394367
I knew that you double nigger, that's why he armed the "Free" "Syrian" "Army". Didn't actually think he'd go so far as to bomb Assad.
>>
>>394373
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/31/syrian-air-strikes-obama-congress

It's like you were cut off from the internet and the TV for the last few years or something if you actually missed that shit. There were even attempts to nominate Putin for the peace prize because he effictively cockblocked the US.
>>
>>390006
Nixon was one of Americas best desu senpai
>>
>>394390
Nigga, I don't know how or why, but that skipped past by me like a cannon volley from the Imperial Russian Navy at Tsushima. Thx for the info.
>>
>>391066
He also made the Clean Water act in the Seventies. Its still the only act protecting our Fresh water is.
>>
>>391883
Nice post Senpai
>>
Clinton's Benghazi clusterfuck was a million times worse than Watergate. I guess the people just stopped caring.
>>
>>394018
>are all of our politicians doing this shit
mos def
>>
File: Screenshot__96_.png (551 KB, 1551x776) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot__96_.png
551 KB, 1551x776
>>394422
>Memeghazi
>>
>>394467
Superb reply.
>>
>>394474
Thanks!
>>
>>394179
Or how Reagan gets credit for the collapse of the Soviet Union.
>>
>>394479
Exactly. People are pretending that the US presidents are some kind of absolutist monarchs of the Earth who have control over everything that happens.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.