[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't Ethiopia given more praise over the fact that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: omo1c.jpg (40 KB, 600x486) Image search: [Google]
omo1c.jpg
40 KB, 600x486
All I've seen on /his/ is arguments over what race Ethiopians are, or cool stuff about their previous empires, but no one ever mentions that it's literally the birthplace of humanity.

Why is that? Pic related, oldest Homo sapiens skull found in history.
>>
Because people really don't care about us unless it suits their political agenda.
>>
>>389856
It's because most people are not very interested in pre-historic history. As the name implies, it's not even really history. Humans weren't all that interesting until we started writing symphonies and building cathedrals. It doesn't really matter too much where we came from, except from a biological anthropological perspective.
>>
>>389856
why would it deserve praise for that
>>
Doesn't that also imply that they are the most primitive?
>>
>>389900
No, because the same amount of time has elapsed for that population as for any other descendants of that populaton
>>
>>389856
What's there to say about it from a historical perspective?
I only lived two years in the house I was born in. All the interesting stuff happpened later, while living in other houses. Same with us as a species and the many places we've been.
>>
>>389878
>>>/v/
>>
It was probably Arabia, it's smack dead in the middle of earth (though Ethiopia's not too far away).
>>
>>392056
Explain
>>
>>392056
Nation of Islam please go
>>
Welcome to Ethiopia
Apes had sex here
>>
>>389856
Because it has nothing to do with Ethiopians. It's too far back to even do the WE WUZ KINGZ shit.

Nobody has any claim to something that long ago
>>
File: 3347stgiyorgis.jpg (48 KB, 460x310) Image search: [Google]
3347stgiyorgis.jpg
48 KB, 460x310
>>389893
>>389922
>>394967

All these. What surprises me is that Ethiopia doesn't get any recognition for the stone cathedrals that were built centuries ago. They're cool af.
>>
>>395043
Those are pretty nice.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.