[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can be said about the Olmec culture? Also no WE WUZ KONGZ,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
What can be said about the Olmec culture? Also no WE WUZ KONGZ, it derails threads and makes them go to shit.
>>
Op you delusional fool. What do you think this is?
>>
>>389649
no, all topics outside of European history get shitposted into oblivion
the bogeyman is real
>>
File: IMG_1635.jpg (4 MB, 2411x3215) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1635.jpg
4 MB, 2411x3215
>>389649
They were the forerunners for subsequent mesoamerican civilisations
>>
File: 1024px-Namibian_Bushmen_Girls.jpg (159 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Namibian_Bushmen_Girls.jpg
159 KB, 1024x768
>Wide nose
>Broad lips
>only African traits

How racist. That's like saying epicanthic eyes are only Asian.
>>
>>389834
I love how "essentializing physical features is racist unless it's used by us to prove that we were Olmecs and Egyptians and Greeks and Carthaginians and etc"
>>
>>389834
JUST my hair up senpai
>>
>>389858
It's weird. Isn't it more likely that if the Olmecs were of a different race (which they most likely weren't), they would be of Polynesian descent? I mean, the sweet potato made its rounds all over the Pacific.
>>
>>389930
>having spaced out hair is the same as JUST
>>
>>389834
But they don't have curly hair.

Plus, going from Subsaharan Africa to Central America would take a couple months. A very difficult trip on its own, but nigh-impossible if you were also taking women in your raft.
>>
>>390207
I wasn't implying that they had curly hair, nor was I implying that they were black. I was just saying that the physical features in one race can be found in another. I posted those San because they have epicanthic folds, a typically "Asian" trait.

I personally think the Olmec were Native South Americans.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.