[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he really a bad guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 20110210-201621-pic-102439416.jpg (593 KB, 1286x1913) Image search: [Google]
20110210-201621-pic-102439416.jpg
593 KB, 1286x1913
Was he really a bad guy?
>>
>>387054
Yeah he was pretty bad.
>inb4 deposing him led to ISIS
Allowing the complete disenfranchisement of sunni iraqis at the hands of the Maliki regime led to ISIS, as people won't fight for a government that treats them like shit.
>>
>>387054

He was courageous, strong and indefatigable and I salute him.
>>
Systematic genocide is generally viewed negatively, but many people claim it is worse now that ISIS has some power in the region and commits atrocities even though the numbers pale in comparison.
>>
>>387110
why does it seem that the only way middle eastern countries can be somewhat stable today is through dictatorships
>>
>>387054
nah, he was pretty fly.
>>
>>387054
Yes
>>
>>387117
I wouldn't call a state that attacks its own citizens with poison gas 'stable' tbqbh.
>>
>>387268
You're confusing respect for human rights and with stability. China is stable, despite a lot of things.
>>
>>387110
>numbers pale in comparison
ISIS hasn't been active a twentieth of the time Saddam was
>>
>>387282
I'd derive stabilty from the guarantee of legal safety that each citizen enjoys. Which obviously isn't there if they are being bombed with gas.

The phases in china's history that had the most casualties, e.g. the great leap and the cultural revolution, were indeed states of emergency, not particularly stable.
>>
>>387323
Legal safety sounds like a human right. I think those were state-induced events and policies that couldn't take place without a system stable enough to propagate an ideology, albeit an ideology that disregards human rights as inconsequential products of bourgeois brainwashing.
>>
>>387323
>stability is not killing people
Bravo
>>
>>387054

He was awful, but he was the sort of bad guy we need governing that shit hole region.
>>
>>387054
Was he bad. Yeah, he was a bad dood. Did Iraq need him? A lot of people say yes.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.