[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: wars of confusion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: confusion.jpg (62 KB, 304x525) Image search: [Google]
confusion.jpg
62 KB, 304x525
Did people forget who they were supposed to be fighting against and alongside during the Cambrai War?
>>
>>382238
>Cambrai War
The French seemed to know what they were doing.
>>
>>382245
Did they? How do you know who the fuck you're fighting?
>>
>>382238
Once you understand that

-Spain and HRE = Papal State's lapdogs
-England wants to piss off France but is too cowardly to engage in a war against it without many allies

It all makes sense
France and Papal State had an argument, Papal State switched side against France, its puppets followed and England joined
Then Venice switched for France because the other side was full of shit
>>
>>382238
That Duchy of Ferrara loyalty though
>>
>>382254
>-Spain and HRE = Papal State's lapdogs
It is more correct to say that the Pope was in the sphere of influence of Charles V than the opposite.
>>
>>382249
everyone is wearing bright colors
>>
File: shellshock4.jpg (16 KB, 236x319) Image search: [Google]
shellshock4.jpg
16 KB, 236x319
>be me
>aquitanie chevalier
>start war with venetians
>The Pope joins
>"H" "R" "E" joins
>those fucking degos to the south join
>and ferrara(wha? who the fuck are they?)
>dis gun b gud, gonna kill me some venetian kikes
>we fight them
>wins, loses, pillage shit, love/rape some lombard qts
>life is good brehs
>suddenly the fucking Pope switches sides
>the meme empie and the degos abandon us
>mmmm...
>they form a Holy League
>Englel, the memes, Spain and the Swiss join(the Swiss? don't you have coockoo cloks to build or some shit?)
>hellodarknessmyoldfriend.fresco
>loyal Ferrara stays true to us
>based brehs
>the war rages on
>suddenly the Scots join
>never even seen so much inbreeding and retardation before
>and I've been to Languedoc, like holy fuck
>you can trail these bastards by the literal gallons of spit they keep drooling as they march
>pretty good fighters, surprisingly
>suddenly Venice joins
>YOU WERE THE REASON THIS FAGGOTRY STARTED!
>ohwell.codex
>siege Novara
>suddenly we are attacked by those fucking long-piked niggers from the mountains
>while we were sleeping
>try to rally the lads
>oh shit, can't find my horse
>can't hit them frontally, those pikes are longer than a Nubian slave's cock
>try to run at them from the side
>get shot in the face with a blunderbuss

mfw
>>
>>382238
The Thirty Years War had a similar mix up of belligerents.
>>
>>382279
screencap material
>>
>>
The ongoing Syrian Civil War is about as confusing as they come. Especially when you get down to all the half-alliances.
>>
>>382279
Screencap'd.
>>
>>382238
France initially invaded Italy because they had some stuff to deal with like Naples and Milan, afterwards the French king planned to use it as a staging base for another crusade.

Instead we got the reformation and five decades of warfare in Italy with hardly a clear winner.
>>
>>382839
England was involved in the thirty years' war?
>>
>>382907

As part of the Eighty Years War and fucking Spain in general, I suppose.

Also lighter colour means support without being military involved.
>>
>>382868
Just for starters:
>the West is aligned with several ("FSA") groups that are themselves aligned with Al Quaida (sworn ememy of the West)
>the West is actively backing Kurdish groups that are actively opposed by and to Turkey (an ally of the West)
>the West simultaneously opposes the two dominant factions in Syria which are themselves bitter opponents (the Assad government and ISIS), but is only actively at war against one (ISIS) while supplying weapons to some opponents of the other ("FSA")
>the West backs the government of Iraq, which in turn backs the Western-opposed government in Syria (both being backed by Iran, which is opposed by the West)
>the West backs the government of Lebanon, of which Hezbollah is a component, while opposing Hezbollah
>the West notionally opposes Israel's occupation of internally-recognized Syrian territory, but backs Israel in defending its hold on that territory
>>
>>382839
Transylvania, what are you doing?
>>
>>383062
They went all batshit after the Turks took Buda.
>>
File: shitposting omega.jpg (84 KB, 1208x626) Image search: [Google]
shitposting omega.jpg
84 KB, 1208x626
>>382238
Venice, the original shitposters

>we christians n shit, pope can we crusade
>pillage your enemies
>destroy the greatest christian city on the planet
>no prob, we'll take Euboia and Crete if you don't mind
>steal a saint's remains from Alexandria
>from the very people you trade with
>the very people you shouldn't be trading with
>notgiveafuck.basilica
>start holy wars due to commercial interests
>actually make your archenemies help you fight them for shits and giggles
>turn the whole continent against you
>everybody switches sides
>in the end troll them by ending up fighting alongside your original enemies against your former enemies. and allies. and neutrals
>win
>>
>>382942
I don't think anyone involved in the Syrian conflict has any idea what they're doing at this point; it's not just the West. I mean, even Al Qaeda and ISIL hate each other.
>>
>>382868
>>382942
Literally an imbecile
>>
>>383286
They're separate organizations now. It's not as though two branches of the same group are fighting each other.
>>
>>383779
I know that. It's that they're both militant radical islamist organizations whose ideological differences basically boil down to whether infidels should be killed without exceptions or not.
>>
>>383811
Well, the ideological differences here don't matter as much as the fact that they're competing for territory. Ideologies tend to become unimportant in the face of real conflicts.
>>
>>383748
Not the same guy but, mind giving arguments instead of just name calling?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.