[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is considered the best introduction to elements of the philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: hegel.jpg (25 KB, 266x337) Image search: [Google]
hegel.jpg
25 KB, 266x337
What is considered the best introduction to elements of the philosophy of right ? I've got a beautiful new version of it for my birthday, and though I'm not completely new to Hegel, I still think a good introduction on the work would really benefit my reading.
>>
>>375526
bump
>>
>>375526
> elements of the philosophy of right ?
The what?
>>
>>375737
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elements_of_the_Philosophy_of_Right
.....? One of Hegel's core works
>>
>>375737
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elements_of_the_Philosophy_of_Right
>>
>>375526
final bump
>>
I had a copy in a backpack that got stolen at a party this past winter. I'd tell you if that hadn't happened.
>>
File: stirnertroll.png (58 KB, 636x674) Image search: [Google]
stirnertroll.png
58 KB, 636x674
>The Philosophy of Right (as it is usually called) begins with a discussion of the concept of the free will and argues that the free will can only realize itself in the complicated social context of property rights and relations, contracts, moral commitments, family life, the economy, the legal system, and the polity. A person is not truly free, in other words, unless he is a participant in all of these different aspects of the life of the state.

>A person is not truly free, unless he is spooked as hell
>>
>>376064
>Stealing Hegel
Hipsterish
>>
>>376587
It was the whole backpack, not just Hegel. It was more hipsterish of me to have it in my backpack at all, considering how degenerate the party was.
>>
>>376082
Freedom is determined by the existence of rights such as property, which gives the ability to claim things for as 'mine' or 'yours'. Thishas ultimately led to the establishment of the modern self.

It makes sense you know
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.