[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the true descendants of the first neolithic dairy farmers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: _20151206_144330.jpg (26 KB, 224x208) Image search: [Google]
_20151206_144330.jpg
26 KB, 224x208
Who are the true descendants of the first neolithic dairy farmers?
>>
>>366759
ur mum
>>
>>366759
Indians with Indian Cattle and Water Buffalo

Tibetans with Yaks

Middle Eastern People with cows but some will argue goatherds and Shepherd's came first from mountainous regions

Africa with African Cows and later Camel

No one can claim being the only ones to come from something so old, its a sill thread concept
>>
File: Pastoralists.jpg (67 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Pastoralists.jpg
67 KB, 620x387
>>366759
idk maybe these guys?
>>
In Near East, hard to tell, Mesopotamia was extremely diverse before the Semitifaggots came. Kartvelian, Caspic, Proto-Euphratean (possibly more than one language), Hurro-Urartian, Guti, Sumerian, Elamite and Hattic-Kaška language families are some of the remnants of this former diversity. Perhaps the revolution was initiated by some people with no historical descendants.

But there were more Neolithic revolutions.

Like the subsaharan one. Maybe Niger-Congo-speaking people had something to do with it, considering how widespread they are. But this isn't certain either: recently there was a language isolate, Bangi me, discovered in Dogon Cliffs, Mali. Dogons inhabited this region for thousands of years, and yet Bangi me, whose agriculture-related words aren't external in origin and therefore are a sign of deep Neolithic past, seems to be pre-Dogon.

Now let's move on to East Asia. I don't really know about it, so maybe sone other anon will tell you.

Then there is the Papuan Neolithic revolution. When you look at New Guinea linguistic map, you'll notice that there is a lot of little families, all encircling the gigantic (it's the 3rd biggest family in the world if I remember correctly) Trans-New-Guinea. The speakers of this one are believed to have spread the agriculture throughout the island.

This is all about the Old World. New World had its revolutions too.

The first one happened in Northern Andes, but we can say pretty much nothing about this, Northern Andes are as rich in languages and cultures as it can get.

The oldest pottery in Americas comes from Amazon, and before the conquest the river's basin was full of advanced Neolithic peoples, who, however, for some reason disappeared later. We can't even pinpoint a location where all this started because of how fucking new these discoveries are.

(1/2)
>>
Agricultural terms in many Mesoamerican languages come from Mixe-Zoquean family, which may prove the Mixe-Zoquean's Neolithic ancestry. Or maybe Olmecs, who had extensive trade and cultural connections with the rest of Fornative Mesoamerica, spoke these languages and the ethnicity of people who started the Neolithic Revolution is completely different.

Peru and Bolivia are a center of the next revolution, but as shown by a bunch of small families, isolates which weren't yet engulfed by Quechua and Aymara (like Mochica, Uru-Chipaya or Marañon River Basin languages), it was probably as diverse as Mesopotamia before the Incas shoah'd their shit up.

The last one of the revolutions happened in the eastern USA, but as in East Asia, I don't know about this one either.
>>
All decedents are true descendants
>>
Everyone with lactose tolerance as an adult.
>>
>>366759
Pretty much everyone living in europe, the middle east, east and north africa and south asia.

It's incredible how far and wide neolithic farmers spread.
>>
>>367073
Neolithic actually spread everywhere in Africa.
>>
>>367179

And the iron-age.

Unless you guys are using some odd definition of neolithic that I'm not getting.
>>
File: 1449426893990.png (128 KB, 1278x395) Image search: [Google]
1449426893990.png
128 KB, 1278x395
what do you mean neolithic dairy farmers?

hunter gatherers or farmers?
>>
>>367070
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactase_persistence#Evolutionary_advantages

>Several genetic markers for lactase persistence have been identified, and these show that the allele has multiple origins in different parts of the world (i.e. it is an example of convergent evolution).[1] The version of the allele most common amongst Europeans is estimated to have risen to significant frequencies about 7,500 years ago in the central Balkans and Central Europe, a place and time roughly corresponding to the archaeological Linearbandkeramik and Starčevo cultures. From there, it most probably spread eastwards as far as India.

>Likewise, one of the four alleles associated with lactase persistence in African population is also probably of European origin.[23] Since North Africans also possess this version of the allele, it probably originated earlier, in the Near East, but the earliest farmers did not have high levels of lactase persistence and, subsequently, did not consume significant amounts of unprocessed milk.[24] Lactase persistence in sub-Saharan Africa almost certainly had a separate origin, probably more than one,[25] and it is also likely that there was a separate origin associated with the domestication of the Arabian camel.
>>
>>366759
>we wuz neolithic dairy farmers and shit
>>
>>366759
Sardinians
>>
File: IMG_20151204_220256_107.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_220256_107.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>366759
i am
>>
Probably the people with highest rate of lactose tolerance since the first farmers would have had most time for it to spread in population, which would mean the various nordics peoples.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.