[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a bigger example of JUST in modern history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: accordians.png (94 KB, 1887x1242) Image search: [Google]
accordians.png
94 KB, 1887x1242
Is there a bigger example of JUST in modern history?
>>
Soviet Union
>>
>>360805
A-H
>>
>>360816
What parts of the CCCP specifically? Russia seems alright except for heroin
>>
>>
Hungary and Bulgaria. Mostly Hungary. Kievan Rus and post-16c China get honorable mentions.
>>
File: image067.png (156 KB, 1241x1049) Image search: [Google]
image067.png
156 KB, 1241x1049
senpai
>>
>>360891
Gerrymandering, the reason Us politics have been so fucked up as late.

When you ypu have districts drawn to keep electing the same fucking morons you can't expect any change in the way Washington works
>>
File: 2ndguerrebalkaniquegf.gif (131 KB, 760x575) Image search: [Google]
2ndguerrebalkaniquegf.gif
131 KB, 760x575
Hi, I am Ferdinand I and this is Jackass
>>
>>361070
What the fuck was wrong with Bulgaria's leadership during that war? Why couldn't they have just left the issue open until they had secured Romanian and Turkish neutrality and then went to war with Greece and Serbia?
>>
>>361041
Non-American imbecile here, I know they have done something to geographic distribution of votes, that has somehow negated or sidelined part of the electorate. But I don't understand what or to whose advantage they have done it for
>>
>>361942
Because essentially the First Balkan War has been far more successfull that anyone could have hoped and it had (at least in their eyes) proved that bulgarian military might has made them the supreme power in southern europe.

You also have to remember, that Greece and Serbia started the war and despite the first massive losses the surprised bulgarians managed to establish two firm defensive lines and actually beat back the expected invasion of their homeland.
It was only then that romania and turkey entered the conflict, marching unopposed into Bulgaria and winning the war.
>>
>>360805
>JUST
The fuck is JUST
>>
>>362008
They do that to create minority-majority districts. They assume, sometimes correctly, that minorities wouldn't be represented within a normal district, so they give them a district of their own to elect their own representatives.
>>
>>362042
>You also have to remember, that Greece and Serbia started the war
I'm a bit of a Bulgarboo myself but I know that Ferdinand ordered the attack first after being urged on by his crazy Macedonian commanders.
>>
>>360825
Central Asia
>>
>>362083
/tv/ meme
>>
>>360825
Caucasus.
>>
File: Holy-Roman-Empire-1789.jpg (306 KB, 1025x705) Image search: [Google]
Holy-Roman-Empire-1789.jpg
306 KB, 1025x705
>>360805
Anything involving the HRE, really.
>>
>>362008
Congressional representation is done proportionally by population, but because population shifts are so drastic in America they have to be redrawn pretty frequently.

It's basically just a Congressman representing X number of people being supremely more important than representing a specific area inside of a state. He represents the people who vote for him from a state. It's like the exact opposite of places in Europe where Bedfordwickshire-on-the-river has been Bedfordwickshire-on-the-river for the last 5000 years and it's important for Bedfordwickshire-on-the-river to be represented regardless of how many people live there. Or whatever. It might even be the same in the UK, just that the populations are much less variable.

Political opportunists use the redrawing of districts to help make elections easier sometimes (it's called Gerrymandering after a guy named Gerry doing this in the 1800s), but it's just a reddit shitmeme and map autism to complain about it so much.

It benefits anyone who can control the redrawing of districts because they can cherrypick towns and cities which have a predictable vote. Some voters lose out if they strongly favor one party but their town ends up being placed in a district which strongly favors the other party because it makes it feel like their vote is being nullified, but in general the districts necessarily follow state-wide voting trends.
>>
File: 22677213215.jpg (26 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
22677213215.jpg
26 KB, 1280x720
>>363189
fuck
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.