[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any fans of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History? Love this show!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image_0.jpg (15 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
15 KB, 170x170
Any fans of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History? Love this show! It's so fucking good. What are you guys thoughts?
>>
It's the best audio content for history that I've ever found. Hating Dan Carlin is the in thing on 4chan but don't let that dissuade you. It's good. Anything that gets you engaged in history is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>358306
Kings of Kings got a little convoluted but was still awesome. got hard keeping track of who was who. guess i should just listen to it again
>>
>>358306
Very sloppy with details, lots of misinformation and factual errors. But as popular history it's decent, and Carlin is an excellent storyteller. I listen to him a lot, I just keep in mind to try to pay attention to his broader points rather than his details, which are so very poorly fact checked.
>>
>>358352
Dan Carlin threads get made L I T E R A L LY everyday.

It's annoying. It's almost making me hate the guy himself for how much mindless fanboyism he inspires.
>>
>still no Napoleon episode
>>
File: genghis_khan.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
genghis_khan.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>358371
>sloppy with details, lots of misinformation and factual errors
In Wrath of the Khans, Dan states that "Prestor John" was for sure a misunderstanding of Genghis Khan.
An episode of "In Our Time" seems to state the opposite.
Does anyone know the facts on this?
>>
>>358420
>history changes depending on who you listen to, you always have to take into account the validity of the sources
>not churchil though, he was literally a demi-god according to these sources and they are all 100% true

fuck off dan
>>
File: Aurochs2.png (73 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Aurochs2.png
73 KB, 1366x768
>>358306
Never heard of this guy before originated /his/.

Why should I look into it?
>>
>>358433
/his/ originated*
into*
>>
>>358433
Heh I started that auroch meme

Read books instead
>>
There is already a advertising thread about him.
>>
>>358489

> read books
> whilst driving
>>
>>358497

Read book instead of post here.
>>
File: 5426574432.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
5426574432.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
>>358489
t. f.a.m

I know I only posted the information that facilitated it, I didn't start spreading the meme
>>
>>358512
I saw a guy post about aurochs a second time and I though 'hmm... Meme potential B)'

>>358497
Listen to an audiobook
>>
>>358497
Dan Carlin is entertainment not education. He is never factually wrong but his podcasts are very emotional instead of rational. Try approaching his podcasts as a fun way of getting into history, but please do look beyond it eventually.
>>
>>358428
>>not churchil though, he was literally a demi-god according to these sources and they are all 100% true

Churchill is in the top ten overrated of all time.

Fat, alcoholic warmonger full of stupid quotes he thought were witty in his drunken haze of a mind.
>>
>>358367
For how much time it took him to put out King of Kings, a large portion of it felt like a redo of past episodes.

The first hour or so was a lot similar to his Judgment at Nineveh. He talked a lot about horse archers, and how they were common from the step and for the armies of the time. So much of the first hour and a half / 2 hours was old material that I'd hope he cranks out the next one fairly quickly.

Also he spends too much time on his masturbation podcast "Common Sense".
>>
>>358600
His speeches are pretty dope though, but thats about it. The fact that he was so good with words makes it a valid assumption that he would lie and slither his way into power and his own grandeur.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.