[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>use philosophy to disguise a cult why didn't i thin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: photo.png (142 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
142 KB, 900x900
>use philosophy to disguise a cult
why didn't i think of this?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=q28W7N6Th58
>>
This is the single most dishonest philophical channel I've ever seen. Everything is turned into hallmark wisdom.
>>
why do they suck capitalism's porky, rotten dick so hard?
>>
>>357957
Because they aren't intellectual so sucking something like marxism doesn't benefit them
People generally like to suck things that benefit them (people who suck harmful things are cücks)
>>
>>357923
>doesn't list a city from America

God bless this land of God :')
>>
>>357970
this
>>
>>357923
>all of the globes problems can be solved by taking long walks in nature, stopping to think about how nice everyone really is and signing up to one of our 6 week programs.

It's a fucking scam, a clever scam but a scam all the same.
>>
>How do we "manage" X and Y

Absolutely hate this way of describing problems.
>>
File: 1432587761001.png (257 KB, 415x476) Image search: [Google]
1432587761001.png
257 KB, 415x476
>THIS is where hundreds of thousands people get information about History and Philosophy from
>>
Don't forget to buy are authentic philosopher's jumper for only £125!

http://www.theschooloflife.com/shop/the-philosophers-jumper/
>>
Meh, they are what got me interested into philosophy and political sciences.

It's a good place to start tbqh
>>
>>357957
>video had nothing about capitalism in it
>leftist keks still get triggered

>>357965
Should have used "intellectuals" in quotations, most of them are the farthest thing from thinkers that you can get
>>
>>358457
> Picture of Focault
That's downright cheating. He looks good in everything.

No homo.
>>
File: foucaulta27.jpg (174 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
foucaulta27.jpg
174 KB, 500x476
>>358666
>no homo
>>
>>358637
leave
>>
>>357937
>hallmark wisdom

yup
>>
What bothers me is their passive aggressive attitude towards modernity and capitalism. It's so fucking trite.
>>
>>357937
That brings it really to the Point, while they are doing, compared to YouTube standarts not a bad job at giving first Information, its totaly true that they're turning philosophy into sittle degustations to satisfy your special snowflake character. The most ridiculous part is that they refuse the open up a patreon page but instead encourage us to buy those awful books of their website....
>>
>reducing philosophers ideas down to what they want them to be rather than actually analyzing their ideas
>reducing philosophy, literature ect to the level of self-help

Disgusting
>>
File: frandrescher.jpg (660 KB, 1218x705) Image search: [Google]
frandrescher.jpg
660 KB, 1218x705
>unideological

top kek
>>
I love how they describe Spinoza's ethics as "One of the most beautiful and poetic books ever written" and describe it as a book saying we should all go hang out with tree's and flowers. The whole show is just flowery words and nonsense.
>>
>>360622
iktf
>>
>>357923
Who is behind this? I want faces.
>>
>sex
>another person excepts everything about you

Not always. They may just except your appearance, personality, or just your reproductive fluids, etc.

These guys are appealing to the masses.
>>
File: d.png (347 KB, 860x664) Image search: [Google]
d.png
347 KB, 860x664
>>358450
>>
>>360783

>reducing philosophy, literature ect to the level of self-help

But that's the point of the channel. Do they advertise themselves as being critics or scholars?
>>
>>361355
EBIN
>>
>>361355
>no *tugs shirt*
fuck you and your ideology
>>
File: A_De_Botton.jpg (55 KB, 624x440) Image search: [Google]
A_De_Botton.jpg
55 KB, 624x440
>>360843
>>
>>362017
"hi rebbit"
>>
>>357923
they're ok
>>
>>362055
wrong
>>
>>362017

A fucking shill for spreading dumbfuckery.
>>
>>357923
>teach strategies for success with family and girls
>4chan must vigorously attack it

sounds about right.
>>
Are they actually saying anythig that's just straight up wrong, or are they just trying to sell shit? Cause if it's the latter there's a very simple way to get around that.
>>
>>362187
what is "success" with family and girls?
>>
>>362197
???
>>
>>362513
Well, i'm just trying to understand why /his/ doesn't like them exactly, if it cause they're trying to hock bullshit books or because they are genuinely misrepresenting philosopher's views?
>>
>>362513
And of it is the latter, how so?
>>
>>361355
mail this to zizek
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.